Hells Gate 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok yeah i will try and make them smalller thank you
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Looking good man..
      Godaddy.com sells domain names at 9.99
      INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Keep posting pics of it. This is gonna be cool to watch. Cant wait to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by shredman View Post
          Looking good man..
          Godaddy.com sells domain names at 9.99
          I second that suggestion. Plus they have sales on domain names when u sign up for hosting. Think there lowest hosting plan is 2.99 a month and they have kick butt service i think.

Comment

Getting lumber vs getting wood

switch one word that means the same thing and this turns into a really weird thread

Comment

Well "AW", Larry said, didn't he, that he used to take pictures everytime his wood dropped off!
              My parents spent alot of money buying tabloid newspapers and I never saw any of Larry's possible pictures, I "wood" think they would have been in there sometime?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

www.000webhost.com

That is free web hosting, they have cpanel and everything.

Question for everybody:

Does the OSB they had delivered in the pics get ruined in the rain?
                People tell me it will warp and "fall apart" in the rain. We are currently building 8' by 16' cabins, and wondering if we can use OSB since it's much cheaper, or should we spend double for real plywood??

Thanks.
                Ben
                Ben
                Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

Osb

OSB is not good outdoors - even if you paint it and seal it plywood will still outlast it - with the additional cost of the extra paint and labor it is better just to go with plywood - for cabins we scavenged old pallets and tore them apart - free wood and already weathered

Comment

yeah my uncle is a home builder and he said that is wont warp in the rain but the edges will expand and start to weeken alot
                    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Good pics! Thanks for sharing! And Good Luck!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

YES
                        we used both of your ideas.
                        We bought the domain from go daddy for 10 bucks
                        and we are the 000webhost.com is our host. works very nicely
                        so here is our website that is currently in construction

www.hellsgatehaunt.com

Comment

AW- We are in the process of building 3 cabins right now. They are 8 foot by 16 foot. We have about 200 pallets that were delivered to us free. I would LOVE to be able to use this for the cabins, so that we do not have to spend the money on the plywood, and we could use something we already have.

So, how do you pull those things apart? I have tried and they are pretty difficult, and a lot of them are made of oak, and hard to nail into.

Also, I am wondering how you made the cabins with it. If you would be willing to post some pictures, that would be great!

Thanks very much.
                          Ben
                          Ben
                          Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

Saw Them!

A circular saw right through the edge where the thicker support piece is attached, making that little board as long as you can.
                            You also might have to drill pilot holes in oak pallet boards to have a chance to pound a nail or drill a screw through them.
                            (Now you know why they were free!)
                            Which is more precious to you, the cost of materials or your own time? (Time spent getting ready to build, time spent ripping apart)
                            The materials cost was always my worry and since I'm open here every night I wasn't concerned about a nights deadline for compleation.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

here ya go..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Pallets

Jim is right best way is chainsaw - I turn loose one of the Jr. guys with a mini prybar or wonder bar and a hammer - it takes a while but the trade off is most of the time the pallets area aged and saves time on the finished side when its time to detail - I try to trim the boards to a uniform size so I have a set center to build the frames - we do frame sections and screw them together than put on the pallet wood - another good source is we buy bundles of slabs from lumber mills
                                slabs are the 1st cut of a tree when they go to square the tree up to turn it into lumber - We got a whole dumptruck load for $75.00 enough wood to make 4 full size cabins - we had a lot of waste scraps that we used for fire wood .

Comment

Working...
                                X