Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nut

Originally posted by hauntedhousenut View Post
    You must have been lurking here for months, because no newbie has ever called me NUT right off the bat. lol
    Would you have prefered it if he had called you John?
    Jared Layman

Comment

Just curious. Do you know the name is actually John, and do you know it's actually a male? How do we know?

Comment

Jared

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
        Would you have prefered it if he had called you John?
        You're very clever my friend!

Comment

Warning! Don't change your email address after being accepted for membership to this forum or your membership will be deleted and you will have to start the application process all over again!

And many of us know that even if accepted the first time, which in many cases is not very likely, it may take 5 or so days to be accepted and that's if Larry happens to like the username you pick out even if it has special meaning to you. You could tell him about it if he would just give you a chance to post, but that would mean being accepted for membership, which we all know isn't likely if you have a gmail, hotmail, or any free email acct because then you may be a spammer.

Why not just give us a chance and delete us if we start spamming????? I've been a member since I think late July but for sure at least by early August, and I just lost all of my posts without any warning whatsoever, all because I changed my email address. I joined and first posted right around the time they were removing ChrisGM and somebody who shall remain nameless accused me of being him returning, so I quit signing in for a while after that.

It also would be nice if it didn't take about 5 days each time you apply to find out whether you are accepted for membership. I completely understand why some may be applying more than once. After that long, I think anyone would likely think they have NOT been accepted and would apply again.

Comment

I dont' check it daily yes that is true. I don't have time to check everyday. I check for new applicants weekly, for example last night I approved another 15 new members.

I can't do it any other way, because spammers will take over the site, if I allow open sign ups they will sign up 50 people a DAY... since I closed that aspect down now they don't sign up as much but they still do.

This board is FREE, it cost you or anyone else not a penny... its just work for me!

It is a 110% thankless job/service.

I do the best I can.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I absolutely mean no offense, but have you ever thought of delegating some of these duties to others instead of doing everything yourself? It seems that you would be much happier and less stressed, and have more time for yourself that way.

It seems to me that you don't have to do every bit of "dirty" work. There have got to be people out there who can do it for you, and I don't think it would cost much to pay them to follow your guidelines for determining which members to accept.

This is just a suggestion to make your life easier so that you may focus on more important things like your family, your haunts, your magazine, making sure the ram/server issues are addressed, etc. It just seems that you worry too much about the little things and that may just lead you to an early grave, which nobody wants.

Just trying to help.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Omg

People, get real. If having to wait 5 days is the price for a spam free board, I will pay it. This board is great because we don't have to weed through all the crap you find on so many other boards.

If this is the biggest thing you find to bitch about, count yourself lucky. This whole thread is absolute waste of time. In the time it took for Larry to worry about this silly thread, he could have had you approved.

Comment

OMG, yourself. That's the point. Larry wouldn't have to worry about this silly thread if he hired somebody to do it for him.

And you obviously haven't seen all of the other threads on this same subject, in which he is always very frustrated about this very matter. I was just trying to find a way to help alleviate some of his frustrations so that he doesn't have to b#tch about it so much.

He's the one who says he only has time to look at it once a week. He's got money to hire somebody to handle this for him so that this is one less thing on his plate. Then he can deal with more important matters like those I mentioned in my previous post. Forgive me for trying to come up with solutions for the frustrations he expresses repeatedly.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I should hire someone? LOL

Done deal... this forum now costs $50.00 per month! With all the gripes about the haunt tour costing to much, I wonder what I'll hear about this one. LOL

For the last time I do the best I can, and you must understand if I make the board open to anyone 100 spammers a day will create accounts and they will come through and they will post all over then I have to go back and figure out who to delete.

I apologize in advance to those who are legit and we delete but just do what everyone else does send me an email and we'll get you on...

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post

Done deal... this forum now costs $50.00 per month! With all the gripes about the haunt tour costing to much, I wonder what I'll hear about this one. LOL

For the last time I do the best I can, and you must understand if I make the board open to anyone 100 spammers a day will create accounts and they will come through and they will post all over then I have to go back and figure out who to delete.

I apologize in advance to those who are legit and we delete but just do what everyone else does send me an email and we'll get you on...

Larry
                      Larry, I would not mind paying money to be on the boards. (Have I said this before? I feel like I'm have deja vu.)

The fee would not have to be exorbitant. How about $50 for the year?

Spammers won't pay, will they?

You might even be able to hire someone!

Sarah
                      Sarah Meier
                      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Very Expensive to Determine Members

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post

Larry

According to the latest numbers at the bottom of these forums, you currently have 541 active members. At $50.00 per month for each of those members, that would be $324,600 per year.

If that's what you think it will take to hire somebody to sort through the new member applicants for you, I'll be happy to apply for that job!

I think Fearseeker had the right idea and was trying to help you, and it should cost nowhere near that kind of money to go through the new member applicants regularly.

Comment

well although i would love to pay that i would have to choose haunt world mag or membership.LOL

the mag would when cause i can always take her to the restroom with me.
                          but then i would miss seeing all the stuff and great ideas and the most importatnt insperation this board feeds me. better than any drug i could think of.

sober free i think not now where is my haunt world fix.

enjoy all have a great one.
                          The Care Taker
                          John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Working...
                          X