• Show
Clear All

Depp as the Joker, but wait, he has to do Dark Shadows first

Tim
    Attached Files
    Hauntus Emeritus
    Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
    Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

I can picture other actors as The Joker. I don't think Depp is the only other person that can pull The Joker off. I would enjoy seeing The Joker in Arkham in the next movie, also I would like to see the newly rebuilt Arkham prominately featured in the next film. They will not stop making Batman movies and I am positive Nolan will do the next one. And Bale is already signed on.
      Jared Layman

Comment

Over the years I have gotten to the point where I go into a movie I want to see ready to forgive. Experience has taught me that the acting is going to be bad, or the writing, the plot, or directing will be weak. It is just a matter of odds, so if you want to enjoy a film you have to be willing to forgive.
        I have to say I didn’t have to forgive anything about The Darknight. That was as close to flawless movie making I have ever seen. It blew me away!
        sigpic
        Louis Brown
        Owner, operator, and dish washer
        at
        DarkWood Manor

Comment

Oh no, John are you SAYING there are yet more corny one liners in this new Batman film? That's why I grew to hate those movies those one-liners were so LAME!!! "Chicks dig the car"

Comment

Joker

My choice for Joker would be Willam Dafoe.

Comment

And... here is William Dafoe as Joker...

-Hauntguy
              Last edited by Nightgore; 11-13-2008, 02:12 AM.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I saw it last night. This morning my impression is, all you have to do to impress us common folk these days is show lots of barrels of gasoline and drive cars fast all the way across town more than 5 times and it's Wow!

I wonder if the weasel accountant that figured out how the tumbler came about becomes Robin?
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Batman

Well Larry,
                  We will have to agree to disagree...it's not all about the hype or monitary gross for me. I just didn't think it was anything but a good rehash of previous films. I don't think it was flawless...it was just ok. As for being hailed as the best superhero movie of all time??? No..Way You say it was realistic....uh yeah..not as realistic or suspenseful as "Brokeback Mountain..LOL! Ledger was awesome as the Joker but it's Eastwood who deserves the true credit for Bale's bad impersonation.
                  Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

John,

I didn't like the movie because of how much money it made it was brilliant storytelling, incredible action, and outstanding acting. This movie will be nominated for best picture, best director, best cinematography, best special effects, best sound editing, and best original script, and best supporting actor for Heath Ledger.

You would clearly be in the minority on this one, as every reviewer in America is rating this movie the best comic book movie of all time. John we both know this isn't your kind of movie...you lost cool monsters!

This movie has none of that so I can understand why are you not flipping for it... but back to the money thing.

Batman has now broken the ALL-TIME record for most money in the opening weekend at 155 MILLION!

This movie should end up north of 400 MILLION when it is all said and done.

I would say by Friday it will be up to 205 Million and by the end of next weekend somewhere around 285.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

As soon as I get the rushes back from my" Ravens Grin Inn-The Movie", there will be no nedia hype, because nobody will get a screening, I'll only be selling one or two tickets to see it for 300 million dollars each, so the Dark Knight box office record will fall..then a month later "Ravens" will be released on DVD for a mere $25,000 a copy.
                      Yes, this movie will be chocked full of special defects!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Saw it today

I was very pleased, it did not disappoint.

Comment

I agree with you nut. I saw it Friday night and I was very happy with the movie. I will definitely be buying it on dvd when it comes out. I might even go see it again in a week or two with my brother and g/f.
                          ~Bill Mlinac
                          The Deadland Haunted House
                          www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                          www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

OK is it me, or is Maggie Gyllenhall ugly as a mud fence? I was no fan of katy Holmes in the last movie, but DAMN, this Rachel is just homely. OK those of you that know me know I am no Adonis, nor do I claim to be, but then again I am not playing the love interest of Harvey Dent (even though he is dreamy), but I kept thinking, OK what is the attraction. She's a good enough actress, she looks too much like Jake.

OK let me have it about being sexist, and superficial, etc. Even if she had a nice body, which I don't think she really does, I'm sorry, wrong choice for the heroine.

KDaddy
                            Hauntus Emeritus
                            Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                            Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Ok, OK.

I am a Jack fan but Heath made the Joker in this movie! After going to see it I am now moving over to the Dark Side in my opinion Batman is Dead! Long live the Joker. Larry if your up to it I want to come over to your house and you be Batman and I want to play the Joker!!!! Larry why would I want to kill you? What would I do without you! Shane and its the Joker from now on this time!
                              sigpic

Comment

Batman

Well Larry,
                                Your right.it had no cool monsters but neither did Iron Man and thought that was "WAAAYYYYY" better....actually I even liked WALL-E better...they were simply more fun to watch.. I also agree with Kronedaddy...Spiderman's girl was "hotter". I kept expecting Morgan Freeman to tell Bruce Wayne to build an ARC but I guess I'm over- lapping movies.

Larry..you said, "brilliant storytelling, incredible action, and outstanding acting. This movie will be nominated for best picture, best director, best cinematography, best special effects, best sound editing, and best original script, and best supporting actor for Heath Ledger. "

I say, the "most over-rated", not bad, sufficient, too long, re-hash" but not as cool as Iron Man ,super hero movie. Can you really say Bale "acted" in this movie???
                                Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

Working...
                                X