No announcement yet.

Shredders Halloween Scream Park progress pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still raining this morning, I will waterproof the wood once it dries, until then I will begin my 2nd day of construction this morning. The good news is for the wood, the ground is very dry here, the last rain we received was a while back, I can't even remember the last rain we had, and the ground is barely wet, even though it has been pouring for at least 5 hours, the rain is starting to let up, and depending on the weather conditions, I should be in my 2nd day of construction. So I should have pictures up by 5 pm today, but if I can't work today, I will post it here..

zack
    Shredders Halloween Scream Park

www.ShreddersHalloweenScreamPark.com
    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Zach when do you open for the season? Im just curious because If we didn't finish building until mid sept we would be screwed. We start in march, finish the beginning of Aug then it takes us two months to paint, decorate, ect... Good luck to ya man! Im for-seeing alot of late nights. Keeps the progress pics coming
      Sean De Wane
      ----------------------------------------------
      The De Wane Asylum
      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

See with us, we decorate in the process of building, once one section has a roof, a few ppl will decorate it, and a few will build on the next section
        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

well

Due to the rain, we didn't get much work done today, we were able to waterproof the panels and put up some black plastic, pictures coming in a few hours.
          INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Hey shredman,
            It will be a lot of work to get it open on time- i will be facing the same dilemma. You seem to have a nice piece of woods there- which means TAKE ADVANTAGE of the WOODS. Being in the dark woods at night is scary in itself, add scenes, paths, and maybe a SMALL area of panels, you will be done in time, it will be much cheaper to construct, and you will have more time for the creative haunting portion of it.

All in all, look at the big picture, and figure out what you are really able to do. I tried to do what you are doing this year, but now we have come to realize we gotta just get it done, or we won't be able to open this year.

Also, get as much help as you can. You'll be surprised at how much quicker you get stuff done with help. You can't do everything yourself.

Be wise, work hard, you should come out of this well.
            Just remember the time.

Good Luck, Can't wait to see progress pix along the way.

Ben
            Ben
            Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the advice, we got a good bit done today, got up one more panel, Put up some black plastic walls. You will really see some progress in these next pics. we worked 7 hours today with two 30 minute breaks..... I am uploading the pictures now.
              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Ok here are todays progress pics.. Remaining on schedule... Here is what we did today:
                Water proofed the panels
                Put up 1 panel
                Put up two long black plastic walls.

Here is what I plan to do tomorrow:
                Put up 1 panel
                touch up on black plastic walls
                put on a second coat of water proofer

Here are the pics:

INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Is that plastic going to last outside in your area for the next three months?

Comment

The environment here is not very windy rains once a month to 3 times a month, and all in all pretty calm environment, but i see why you ask, we have some crew that is going to repair the plastic and keep it looking good as new every day.
                    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I'm liking the plastic.

Nice Progress.
                      Ben
                      Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

Thanks, We got those nails with the rubber on the end to keep the plastic from tearing, we will put those on tomorrow, this plastic is just on trees but we are going to the hardware store to buy u posts tomorrow, and attach the plastic to, so we dont just hope nature puts trees in the right spot, thats why it was so tough today, because we had to stretch the plastic and wrap it around, this will make the process a lot easier,

Zack
                        Shsp
                        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Ok here is a pic I managed to take just before sunset, this is from the back of what we've done, if you can see the panels and the plastic are next to each other, but there is a gap between them, I have build another panel and that is where it will go.. This shows more of the hard work we did today,

INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Well, today, we didn't do much, we are fixing to go to get the u posts, but we won't be able to do anything with them today. So here is what we did:

Repaired black plastic,
                            put up 1 panel

I decided not to take pics today because we hardly did anything, I plan on getting a lot tomorrow.

Here is what I plan to do:
                            Put up several u posts, put up two more rolls of black plastic,
                            INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Ok folks, with more rain, progress of building has been delayed, expect more pics after we get a lot more done in a week or so,.
                              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Ok

A lot of pics coming tomorrow after I do all of my work... Here is what I have done this week and here is what I plan on doing tomorrow

This Week: I put up several posts marking the trail repaired black plastic, built two panels but did not put them up, framed some walls for the black plastic.

Future work friday through Sunday: Put up two panels Put a roof on some of the haunt, continue framing walls for black plastic Put up some black plastic.

Ok here we go.
                                INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Working...
                                X