No announcement yet.

air cannons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t mean to dwell on this but I put a few facts together for the HHVA a few months ago to keep vendors from using water valves and hope home haunters will understand and not use them also.

One problem with a pro or home haunt will shed a ton of bad press on haunters and we don’t need bad press let alone the fact of someone getting hurt.

You will not find any plastic water valve or plastic pipe manufactures backing the use of their products with compressed gases.

The laws of physics are different between compressed gases and water under pressure. You can not compress a solid (water) but you can compress a gas which will store energy. If a plastic part fails, it will send shrapnel like an explosion where water under pressure will usually not.

Most plastics degrade over time by UV light and from oils that may be in a compressed air system. Many times a valve/prop is left outside all year long in the sun light and the UV breaks down the plastic.

Compressed air systems will have water in the system from condensation pulled in from the air. In many parts of the country they will have freezing temperatures well before the end of Oct. When water gets into a plastic valve it freezes and can crack the valve.
    Regards,
    Jeff Londos
    Monster-Tronics
    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
    www.Monster-Tronics.com
    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

When I lived out in the country we had our own water system for the home, with a pump and lots of PVC piping. Water at 50 PSI snapping a brittle piece of plastic may not be as explosive as air, but it will get your attention and send you running for cover.

Comment

Working...
      X