No announcement yet.

Haunt Show Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The general public will watch a few videos. They aren't likely to individually click hundreds of photos unless they are a haunter. What you are doing Adam has in no way been worthless but there is a bigger picture and it isn't limited either between who is getting the traffic on the Internet, Larry's paid banners or Adams State wide coverage.

In fact tags and key words should say haunted house rather than Transworld, or any other specific organization so they are scaleable by anyone, even the national press interested in something new to report.

And yet, everyone with a website would additionally need to direct traffic to these videos. Then this also kind of bumps up the search engines to ultimately get traffic you were after to begin with. Instead everyone has some walls up, are dissapointed from time to time but an event is nuetral territory all can prosper from if there is some brains behind its promotion. Hence a "media group"
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

It all may not be as difficult as I'm suggesting. Perhaps just being in a better town will make it to the spot light. Last week I saw news coverage of a furry convention in Pittsburgh Pa, it said it has been there for 3 years now. However the reporter interviewed on news footage that ended up on Utube and google video, they asked the attendees pretty much what was wrong with them, is there a sexual thing that goes along with a furry gathering and the organizer attempted to explain how many of these costumes cost from $7,000 to $10,000 and are mascots for various events or simply enthusiasts.

It could be positive. If in fact it is not a circus of what is wrong with these people.

The message is supposed to be like that Good Morning America spot where these aren't you fathers haunted houses, there is an industry that has been around for 15 years that supports events that provide haunted entertainment across the country. Check out an event in your town!

Now if the cameras are still rolling, there is a list of people I would like to wham, bam and thank?

And see, in journalism, on slow news days the same news crews the even did the Good Morning America segment are trained to do follow ups every year. The nice new content is either there or it isn't. If they have to work for it, that is a burden and is going to cost some big bucks to start all over again.

No new content is like not answering the telephone when a customer wants to buy something.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I think it's a great idea, but they'd be talking about a little more than $5,000. Add travel, lodging, and per diems to that and someone might jump on it.

For this to be benificial and to serve the purpose that you suggest, you're going to want a personality. Someone who is knowledgable and trained to be in front of a camera. Someone who can speak with vendors and participants and ask the right people the right questions.

You're going to want a few GOOD. experienced, camera operators and you're going to need to give them VERY CLEAR instructions, otherwise they're going to shoot the same crap that the evening news cameramen shoot.

You're also going to want a decent edit. Something thrown together with Windows Movie Maker isn't going to cut it. You need something that will grab the viewer's attention and keep it.

If you want a collaboration of several people to organize, manage, and execute this production correctly, with YOUR interests in mind, it's going to cost the powers that be a considerable amount of loot. On the flip side, if a group of people do it, mainly because they are already going to be there and the admins slide them some lunch money, it's most likely not going to turn out the way you describe it.
        To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

Action,

I agree... for this type of production, somewhat of a LARGE, PAID crew would have to be created. You have to think for this, we'd need to finance:

-Crew
          -Equipment (cameras, pc's, editing software)
          -Travel (air, car, hotel, and some food)
          -Misc. (I had to, because there's always something else)

I've only ran across a handful of people in this industry that are either trained to use a camera or are really good it: Elswarro, myself....

I think that without a doubt the crew from Elswarro needs to be hit up for the editing of this video!

I also agree that we need a "face", a personality to sit in front of the cameras and talk up the industry... so that everybody in the industry would gain from it. -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

My money is

That I know who Tyler wants to suggest. Nut, Sean, any of you other guys wanna bet who Tyler wants to see? Shane
            sigpic

Comment

Shane

Most people look up to there parents as role models, in this case he's dissed them for his Idol!

Comment

I was going to suggest Rich Hanf or Ben Armstrong... but ok? -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far. All were presented at the last meeting.

the seminars have been improved with your input, and the media issue is receiving some serious thought to how to make them happen.

thanks to all and please keep it up.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin!

What about the " We Are The World " video any suggestions? I was thinking me in the middle and you on the right and Larry on the left and everyone else surrounding us. Whats your thoughts? I also want to see Sean and Nut close to me. Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

Ill be right next to you Shane! lol

This whole St. Louis TW "tradeshow" or "convention" is giving me major de-ju-vue (Spelling?) such as hmmmmm MHC????

I kept hearing THIS is the show for haunters, THIS blah blah blah... Seems to me that THIS is MHC run by a different group, in a different time, in a different place.

Hope I'm wrong, Kevin, Larry im putting FULL trust and faith in you guys...
                      Sean De Wane
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      The De Wane Asylum
                      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I also think it'd be wise if, however is really in charge of this, the show attracted the majority of theme parks with haunt events to this show. I mean, I know they go to IAPPA... but wouldn't even be more beneficial for an amusement/theme park to attend a HAUNT show to better there own halloween event?

Just a thought. -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler

Sit boy sit!!!! Good Boy! Shane
                          sigpic

Comment

Tyler

Sit boy sit!!!! Good Boy! Shane
                            sigpic

Comment

Check out my posts titled a VIEW FROM THE TOP!

It is pretty cool!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X