Transworld Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post

Do you want to know what I learned today? Do you want to know what some other haunter learned about timed ticketing, viral marketing, blogging, sponsorship or whatever else that might actually improve your business or debate this for another week or two?

Larry
    Interested, start a new thread about it and lets all move on.

Comment

Not to bring things back up but...

I'm not bragging or whatever else you are thinking. I'm simply tired of the people who are stating as fact things that aren't true.

This is Larry's show. FALSE
      TW made the decisions and we are just stuck with them. FALSE
      No buyers were polled. FALSE

The list goes on and on. I'm not trying to sound high and mighty as though I single handedly brought this show here. What I'm saying is that I sat on the phone with a dozen or so vendors and we hashed all this out and then told TW what we wanted to do. They drug their feet for a couple weeks but, in the ned, they got on board. That's all I'm saying. I'm just trying to set the record straight. Let's move on.
      Kip Polley
      www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
      We Engineer Fear

Comment

"We Should All Pull Together!"

Read all these posts from start to finish, obviously alot of you are "pulling" something.
        We all will either go blind reading these posts or go blind from all the pulling everyone's doing?
        YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

This has been a message from the Pubic Health Bored.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by kpolley View Post
          No buyers were polled. FALSE
          I as a buyer was polled. Just putting that out there

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
          Read all these posts from start to finish, obviously alot of you are "pulling" something.
          We all will either go blind reading these posts or go blind from all the pulling everyone's doing?
          YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

This has been a message from the Pubic Health Bored.
          Hey Jim, Its a tug of war match, what side of the rope are you on. lol

Comment

Sean,

So I take it from your post you will be here with flying colors!!! Great!

Barry,

Those people from EHC can do whatever they want, but vendors will not be supporting that event on the level we're talking here. I'm scratching my head right now wondering what they are thinking, because I will NOT support an event that will attempt to replace or disrupt this show or this process. I doubt Leonard would support this either since he has his own show, and major vendors like Scarefactory, Unit 70, just as an example have never even attend MHC, and they live there, so what are the chances of them supporting that event? Ahhhh I would say NONE! So it really isn't an issue because anyone can say they are doing anything they want but that doesn't make it happen.

At this point I think all the HAUNT vendors are tired of the industry being broken up into little shows all over the nation. I think it is time for Hauntcon to become the premier touring show, with tons of education, but no tradeshow floor, etc, etc. But hey each to their own.

I personally will ONLY ATTEND ONE show as a vendor, and that is the Transworld Haunted Attraction show. This will be the only show that Scarefactory has 20 plus booths, and as we've already seen stated Ghost Ride will bring the farm, and only to this show.

Clearly this will be the show for the professional buyer.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE TO ALL... Emotions are running HIGH right now!

It has been a crazy path to get here, but now we are here. Follow the yellow brick road, stay the path and support a haunt only show, for yourself, your industry, our industry, and your future!

This isn't about me, it isn't about Gore Galore, or Scarefactory, or anyone else... it is about YOU, YOUR INDUSTRY, OUR INDUSTRY and YOURS AND OUR FUTURES!

Simple as that.

With that being said I know everyone is coming, how could you miss it?

You know it, I know it, we all know it.

So why the banter? YES we can beat this horse until we're blue in the face talking about maybe Orlando, heck what about Plano, Texas for that matter. The site is chosen, there is no going back, contracts are signed...

St. Louis is an awesome place, fun things to do, great places to eat, plus a 100k show floor and well like I said The Darkness will be open for your screaming pleasure!

I will promise you this...

I WILL BLOW YOU AWAY on my end...I will do my part, I will make my haunted house the best I've ever done for you! It won't be the haunt that will open this September, it will be the haunt YOU and ONLY you will see and just for this show, for this industry!

Does the HYPE of the Darkness meet the real thing? If it doesn't I'll hear about it and I can tell you this much I WONT LET THAT HAPPEN!!!!!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Well, well, well............

Suprise, suprise, suprise!!!!!!!

Remember me telling everyone 3 months ago that the TW show would end up in St. Louis? Anybody?

Move over Hanfadomis! The Cookie Crumbler looked at the facts, called it 100%, announced the show would be in STL, and was called crazy, (and censored) for it.

I think the word is "Vindicated."

By the way Jared, you're thinking of Arkham. They scream and they cry at Arkham.

Comment

Larry, Unit 70 has been a vendor at MHC

Comment

Cookie Crumbler,

Where have you been? I was involved in a thread a few days back you might have agreed with!!!

Take care,
                  Allan

Comment

Larry, Larry. Larry!!!

You are giving me a headach! Please sit down please is that to much to ask for? We all get the point by now. Here is some of the points. After reading them lets move on. The show is what it is and where it is there is no turning back now. With that here are some important facts we as buyers we should remember.
                    1. The show is in St. Louis and all the home boys are going to save a ton of money!
                    2. The Darkness will be open and we all will get to see the most Awsome Haunt In The Universe as we know it and Larry is going to make money.
                    3. Larry will charge more to view his haunt than he would at Halloween. But before you judge him there is a reason. He will be sharing the money with Kip and some of the other home town boys.
                    4. Larry is going to have his Haunt renovations paid for. Come Halloween your profits will be greater and your going to make even more money. Great for you.
                    5. We as buyers was polled they just forgot me, Paul, Sean, Ken, David, Kim, Corey ,Lance, Jason, and about 40 more I know of. I am sure it was a honest mistake.
                    6. There will be no savings passed on to the buyers.
                    7.There will be new companies attending some are as follows. The Mars candy company, Acme Port-a-potties, CVS & Walgreens, Frans Folage Company, Tupperware ( the first party will be at Larrys house the following week were headed to Kips) Ginsu Knif Company, The Ronco company ( you have seen their infomercials you know the rotisserie, food dehydrators,knives, the famous scramble an egg in its shell ect) Victoria's Secret (one of my favs) Phil's pens ,pencils & paper, Morton Salt company, Glenns Glamorus Gals ( for those after hour blues, and Fancy Feathers (they sell birds, hamsters, rats, mice ect) other names will be announced soon
                    8. We will see vendors save lots of money sell more products.
                    9. Buyers will not see any savings at the show itself just a change in the host city.
                    10. Transworld will keep their word on everything they say. Remember they have lied time and time and time again however this time their not going to. Larry and Kip will keep a watchful eye on them for everyone.
                    11. When the show is over their will be a video leaked out of Larry, and Kip in a cheap motel room with thousands of dollars scattered across the bed and them rolling and playing and laughing and some light making out in it. It will be later revealed that Patti filmed it.
                    12. St. Louis will give us the key to the city and Larry and Kip will accept it for us.
                    13. We as buyers will leave the show and say..... UMMMMMMMMMM Ok why do I feel we just missed something?
                    14. MHC,Hauntcon,EHC vendors are not as good as Transworld Vendors.
                    15. Lennord called Larry and said WTF!
                    Folks it is what is is. Lets just let go with it enjoy it while we can. We will come out of this show knowing even though its the vendors show but a buyers market the vendors will make alot more money. Good for them. What will us buyers get out of this? We will get to see the most Awsome Haunt In The Universe its called the Darkness.
                    I am lending my suppot to this show I hope you all will join with me on this. Coming together as a family and helping Larry make money is what its all about! Larry, Kip Shane is now on board see you all there. Shane!!! and thats Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off Shane This Time!
                    Last edited by graystone; 07-03-2008, 06:28 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Shane,

Definitely one your your more amusing posts to date...

Darkangel

Comment

• Dark

Thanks for the kind words. I do feel the love from you. Shane
                        sigpic

Comment

• Shane Shane Shane.... Dont be so hard on Larry now my friend.... Didn't you read earlier posts... the buyers DO save money! On cheap airfair and $130 hotel rooms. lol

We need to have a "haunters unity" party.
                          - BBQ in Larry's back yard!
                          Sean De Wane
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          The De Wane Asylum
                          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

• You won't miss anything in the motel room Shane ("Seeing others rolling around on the money all over the bed") Just plan ahead. Be right there in your chimpanzee disguise on the perch in the corner of the room, and when they all fall asleep from too much lung-emptying laughing , sneek down and remove all the cash with a vacuum cleaner (much quicker)
                            There you GO!
                            No more need for grousing.
                            There is your plan.
                            Of course I'll be waiting outside in my Zoo Keeper's costume to put you in the cage and steal your vaccum cleaner!
                            I know, life ain't fair is it?

To answer a question posted here to me concerning where I want the Transworld to be...it's nice to have the option to see it in St. Louis and I'm sure scheduling it at the end of March will help weather concerns.
                            I like to attend for more social reasons. In all the years of seeing Transworld I have maybe only spent $1,100.oo? total there.
                            I make my own "stuff"and work my azz off entertaining my customers with it no matter how crude it might be compared to industry standards, but then I'm playing on the customer's fears and apprehensions for laughter mostly.
                            Making people scream and jump is more fun for me when they are reacting to fearsome items like garbage bags, fishing line and the expressions they see on my undecorated , naked old face.
                            I feel Trans-St.Louis will be a good time for everybody, even the guy in the corner on his perch in the chimp costume.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Larry,

We will be posting some press releases in the future, still just sorting a few things out.

We are not out to be 'competition' and we are still more similar to Barry's fine show MHC or HauntCon. The main difference from HauntCon is that we do not plan on moving around each year and will always be in the same location.

I deal with a lot of corporations and from a corporate standpoint, it is much more important for us to phase ourselves into a National Convention. Two specific sponsors that we are dealing with were willing to work with us IF we were a National Convention....they are bound by their stock holder contracts not to be able to support regional events.

We will continue to grow our show and just want to have a great show here on the East Coast for everyone in the Haunt Industry as well as the Halloween Industry. Our crowd is a completely different crowd and there is no 'Choose This over choose that'. Remember, Transworld is a Tradeshow, we are a convention. There is a huge difference. The population out here on the east coast can support it and really wants it....we get emails all the time. There really is no conflict.

Transworld doing the National Haunted Attractions show in St Louis a neat thing....I am planning on attending myself. With the price of the booths dropping, it helps everyone. I did not go to the last few Chicago ones (not since 2004) but there are two haunted houses that I really want to go to that have been on my list for a long time.

#1) Terror on the Fox

#2) The Darkness

I have still not seen either of them, and would really love to visit your haunt. The pictures you put online are always awesome.

We will post more in the next few weeks to follow. The bottom line for us was that our #1 complaint was that even though we had booked the entire hotel room we simply didn't have enough room.

So, the only way to solve this problem was to start a deal with a large convention center. This way we can expand as needed over the next few years and allow for large convention space and ceiling height.

I still see the industry being able to support all these shows....Transworld is the tradeshow, HauntCon is the cool show that travels, and MHC has such a great group of people, Barry runs things very professionally and with the surrounding haunted houses in his area, MHC will continue to grow. I'm glad our industry has so many choices, especially because as you could see from our Eastern Haunters Convention and Midwest Haunters Convention, we are bringing new vendors to the table that can't take the risk of the costs of the Transworld just yet but are local to these fine conventions.

Sincerely,

Robert Kocher
                              Xanthar of the Museum
                              The Village of Darkness
                              National/Eastern Haunters Convention
                              Robert Kocher
                              Xanthar of the Museum

The Village of Darkness
                              www.TheVillageOfDarkness.com

Comment

• Shane,

I'm getting beyond tired of having the same dog and pony show with you day in and day out. You know about 50 buyers that weren't polled? Wow. That MUST mean that no buyers were polled. OR...it means that only a few of the THOUSANDS were polled and you don't know who they were. Only a few vendors were polled and I can tell you that neither Larry nor myself were among the final "polled" vendors. They specifically tried to choose people who weren't knee deep in this mess to begin with.

Get off it already. And...to go back a bit...it does matter about the ticket price to your haunt. You say it's never changed. I guess that means you have never lowered it. Why should I lower my prices if you won't lower yours? And your example of supplier discounts, while valid, is irrelevant here. What do you think I'm going to buy in such bulk that I can get massive discounts and pass the savings on to you? Most of the cost of a prop comes from labor and the technical components. I get great deals on tech stuff already...but if my sales go up and they all of a sudden cut my prices by 20% I'll let you know. The fact is...you just always want to demonize the person that you're into it with. Keith was the devil. Then Larry was a censor. Now vendors are money grubbing gangsters sitting in a smoky basement somewhere laundering all the money they stole from the poor, defenseless buyers. Get real. Please. All we want to do is make a living for ourselves. If you think we are all overpricing and gouging everyone why don't you start a prop company and bring your stuff out at TW. We'll see how your prices compare to everyone else. Until then, you're just talking. I put up my own money when I started and worked very hard to keep afloat. There are no vendors in this industry that roll in money...I'll guarantee you that. If you don't believe me...start a prop company so you can be rich just like all of us are.
                                Kip Polley
                                www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                                We Engineer Fear

Comment

Working...
                                X