No announcement yet.

House of Torment Build Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome stuff! The scale and detail are outstanding. I love build photos, it must really look insane under haunt lighting conditions. I will post photos of our new project soon, seeing these is a real inspiration.

Thanks for sharing them,

Eric
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

This definitely answers the question of what to do when you are in a warehouse with a ridiculously high ceiling: build streets and whole structures inside and turn the ceiling into the sky!

Do you guys have any problems with building inspectors? It would seem that they would place all of this into the same category of turning the warehouse into offices or gutting a building and completely renovating the inside.

Comment

awesome pics.
        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Thank you so much everyone for the encouraging words. And thank you Ben, that's a great compliment. (Taken from the voting thread for top 13)

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
          One more thing I have to say....

There are tons of really cool haunts in this, some of them long time favorites with years of power behind them for sure. I mean, you expect good things from the Darkness, or any of the older well known shows.

But 4 haunts have really caught my eye be cause they are NEW. Now they may not actually be NEW but they have really burst on the scene THIS year, IMHO.

For Make-up and video production value it is THE SCAREHOUSE.

CHAMBERS OF THE MAUSOLEM for amazing custom creatures

For over the top sets and set pieces it is HAUNTED OVERLOAD and THE HOUSE OF TORMENT. ( from those recent photos)

They have all sort have really done some NEW things and if there was a NEW haunt (even though they are not all new per se...) category they have my attention!

Sort of like when we all first saw photos from Terror on the Fox a few years ago and said WOW! (or some of the Spookywoods stuff last year)

Hoochie really did new stuff with gore effects and video this year as well, but they are old dogs like me...(Heck...Older!)

Thanks!
          We will try to have some more pics up in the next few days

Comment

Wow these look really good! It is amazing to see how the industry is progressing!
            Jared Layman

Comment

I was just thinking that and bam I read your post, these pics that are being put up look like a year round attraction that you would see at a theme park. Keep it up guys, all of you, seeing this just makes people like me that are just starting want it even more.
              Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
              Wow these look really good! It is amazing to see how the industry is progressing!
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Interior Progress Pics

We were going to wait to post these until they were more completed but so many people have been asking for them. So here they are....

INTERIOR SET PROGRESS PICS

These are some of the sets we are working on right now. Lots of work is still to be done on them. More interior set pics will come as they begin to be completed.

Butcher shop entrance

IMG_1716D.jpg

Front counter area with display cases

IMG_1717D.jpg

Wrapping and Weigh Tables

IMG_1719D.jpg

Meat Prep/Butcher Room

IMG_1737D.jpg

Butcher table (This pic features Matt Garcia, House of Torment Art Director, working on distressing this set)

IMG_1711D.jpg

Thanks again for all your encouragement and support. Be sure to vote for us in the top 13 threads.

You all rock and inspire us!

www.houseoftorment.com

Comment

That butcher shop is going to kick ass! It's looking really good already and I can see it coming together. I can't imagine what sick and twisted things you will put in the display cases...LOL!

Great job!

Eric
                  www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Wow! There's realistic and then there's your stuff. You're definitely raising the bar for everyone.

Comment

set dressing

Outstanding set distressing -looks like a place where you would not want to be !

Comment

More nice pics! I would have to agree with ShawnC I think you guys have just raised the bar for about everyone on this list. You have created some unbeilievable facades, structures, & some wicked detail. I havent seen anything on this scale anywhere except maybe Verdun Manor where he made his whole building look haunted on the outside as well. Im still in awe! I want to see pics with the streets in rubble and your props in place ect. You know whenever you get to that point. Great Job!
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

It honestly looks like it's a movie set. Very detailed.

Comment

You've done a beautiful job! Your attention to detail is jaw-dropping!
                            www.mindseizure.com
                            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

More!!!

Hey everyone I hope your builds are moving along well. I have been asked for more photos of the build and havent had the time to sit down and do this in a while. Sorry, but you know how it is this time of year! I wanted to give you a glimpse of our control room as well as the the build so ....I simplified! Take a peek at our rooms from a different view.

-Dan
                              www.Houseoftorment.com
                              IMG_2072d.jpg

IMG_2073d.jpg

IMG_2074d.jpg

IMG_2075d.jpg

Comment

A few more

[ATTACH]837[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]838[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]840[/ATTACH]