No announcement yet.

The New Reality Show...Guest Apperances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be completely honest I hate reality television with a passion. It’s all garbage. Even the ones that are supposed to be somewhat educational are far from it. It is all just drama ridden crap.
    Personally I hope this show is a little better than the average reality show. If drama arises, I want to see it arise naturally from people working together under a dead line. I hope they don’t have guest appearances from pompas assess for the sake of drama. If there would be a real quick way to give the industry a black eye that would be it.

Real celebrities that appeared on the show would not have to be seen as “experts”. They could be there as helpers, and the regulars could show them how certain things are done. Or they could be test victims to see how a scare would work. There are many ways to get them on the show without casting them in an expert roll.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Lurker!

I am here to tell you Drama sells Survivor,Big Brother,Hells Kitchen, just to name a few look at Survivor and Big Brother they are 10 years old and keep going. When they are on they are always in the top 5 shows. When you have drama it brings an element of realisim I mean we all deal with it everyday. Look at non reality shows they almost come off as fiction themselves hell everyone has disagreements thats life. Tater, Kale you guys make this show interesting do us all proud!!!! And if you need some hell raising look at Hauntworld and look for Shane I will be glad to help bring you in the numbers lol hell I am loved and hated here again Insane Shane is your man for the plan! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

Cake and frosting

Picture this we have all said in one way or another that we want Larry, Ben, Jim, etc to be a part of the show. We could do our own version of mystery science theater. Once the show airs we could dub it with them giving their input from the audience. Just a thought, but that is a show I would watch.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
          To be completely honest I hate reality television with a passion. It’s all garbage. Even the ones that are supposed to be somewhat educational are far from it. It is all just drama ridden crap.
          Personally I hope this show is a little better than the average reality show. If drama arises, I want to see it arise naturally from people working together under a dead line. I hope they don’t have guest appearances from pompas assess for the sake of drama. If there would be a real quick way to give the industry a black eye that would be it.
          I agree. Regardless of how popular reality TV seems to be these days, I think it’s all garbage, not to mention fake.

I became disgusted with reality TV a long time ago.. perhaps as far back as the first or second season of Survivor, when it leaked out that the production company was sneaking food to “favorites” on the show. I heard that they also had participants reenact certain scenes when cameramen didn’t get the right shot. I’ve heard of similar reenactments happening on other reality shows, too. Reality TV, my a@@! It’s anything but reality.

What really chaps my hide about these shows is that they will go to any lengths to make each episode more sensational than the last. They put people in outrageous situations, just for the sake of creating as much drama as they possibly can.. which often makes the participants in such shows look like raving lunatics. Sadly, a lot of the true “reality” ends up on the cutting room floor. Using crafty editing tricks they cut out parts of conversations and splice others together, out of context of course, just to make things more dramatic. Does the Haunted House Industry really need MORE drama? Do we really want the general public to think everyone in the Haunting business is a raving lunatic? LOL.

I think a show like this could potentially give the Haunt Industry a black eye. It would be nice if this show was educational, kind of like a Haunted House version of “This Old House”. I think that would be more interesting and beneficial to the Haunted House Industry than a bunch of stupid drama. As soon as I heard it labeled as a “Reality TV” show, it made me cringe. I’m afraid that they are going to focus on the conflict between the participants, while any substantial content is lost in the shuffle.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish everyone on the show the best of luck, but if they end up looking like idiots or at the very least, unprofessional (due to the circumstances they are put in & tricky editing), that would make the entire Industry look bad.
          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

got a man crush going on?

Originally posted by Mutant Space Gerbil View Post
            Picture this we have all said in one way or another that we want Larry, Ben, Jim, etc to be a part of the show. We could do our own version of mystery science theater. Once the show airs we could dub it with them giving their input from the audience. Just a thought, but that is a show I would watch.
            Dude (I am assuming you are) What is it with you obsession with Larry and Ben?

Comment

I’d like to see them do a Junkyard Wars type haunt show. Get two teams, give them a limited amount of time and money then see which one can create the best attraction. That would be an interesting show for both normal people and those that like reality shows. lol

I don’t think Junkyard Wars is still on tv, but I remember they had a team from a haunted house compete on that show. Does anyone remember that, and from what haunt they came from?
              sigpic
              Louis Brown
              Owner, operator, and dish washer
              at
              DarkWood Manor

Comment

slain?

Originally posted by Slain View Post
                Dude (I am assuming you are) What is it with you obsession with Larry and Ben?
                Slain HMMM slain who? nope never heard of him. If you are big in the industry please fill me in. And then maybe I can raise you on high and sing your exploits.
                Show me some of your media headlines or news footage. Please dont send any pics, I have seen more than enough pics of black plastic walls and rubber bats.
                You see I invest 10's of thousands every year in a HOME HAUNT and I respect the people who have done the same and become the giants in our industry. You like to try and antagonize me and try to be witty, but what it actually shows is that you (slain who) is jealous of their success.

Comment

That first "Hint"

That reality was not, hit me when MTV GAVE a bunch of youngsters free rent-use of some of those really nice , fancy apartments to louge around in!
                  Talk about Fantasy!
                  Heavy intellectual dramas like "MelRose Place" couldn't compete with the smarmy, low baloney and unethical fare that passes for everyday "normal" on those shows.
                  at least on Melrose the characters would usually be "faithful" for half the episode!
                  well, sometimes only 8 minutes...
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Slain jealous?I dont think so.Why dont you try Atrox Factory.

Comment

Gerbil!

Trust me I know who Slain is and hes one of the best! His haunt attracts the best of the best! Elvira, Robert Englund, Doug Bradley,Linda Blair, Dick Warlock. and this is just the tip!! How many haunts attracts names like that to appear or can afford them? Also I can tell you 50,000 plus people a season I think you need to do some research on Haunts in Alabama it will not take you long to figure out the man behind the name! I am proud to call him my best friend in this business hes been a world of info to me over the years!!!!! Slain you are the Main Slain! Shane and thats Insane Shane to some!
                      sigpic

Comment

Mutant or small child

Originally posted by Mutant Space Gerbil View Post
                        Slain HMMM slain who? nope never heard of him. If you are big in the industry please fill me in. And then maybe I can raise you on high and sing your exploits.
                        Show me some of your media headlines or news footage. Please dont send any pics, I have seen more than enough pics of black plastic walls and rubber bats.
                        You see I invest 10's of thousands every year in a HOME HAUNT and I respect the people who have done the same and become the giants in our industry. You like to try and antagonize me and try to be witty, but what it actually shows is that you (slain who) is jealous of their success.
                        I would never want or try to be a Ben or Larry. You see gerbil that I have a career outside of the haunt industry that I like very much and do very well. This haunt thing is a hobby for me. I have been apart of this industry before you were born. Our little haunt would match anything the industry could ever do. I don't have the ego to go out and tell everyone how great our place is. I let our customers decide that. So you see Space, I have no reason to be jealous of their success. I am successful......Our place is successful. Have you been to either of their places or have you just been looking at pics..

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                          Trust me I know who Slain is and hes one of the best! His haunt attracts the best of the best! Elvira, Robert Englund, Doug Bradley,Linda Blair, Dick Warlock. and this is just the tip!! How many haunts attracts names like that to appear or can afford them? Also I can tell you 50,000 plus people a season I think you need to do some research on Haunts in Alabama it will not take you long to figure out the man behind the name! I am proud to call him my best friend in this business hes been a world of info to me over the years!!!!! Slain you are the Main Slain! Shane and thats Insane Shane to some!
                          Thanks Shane

Comment

Originally posted by IF YOUR 555 View Post
                            Slain jealous?I dont think so.Why dont you try Atrox Factory.
                            Thanks 555

Comment

What do you know

After the post that you are the man behind atrox I went and checked you out on google. What I saw was pretty impressive maybe I will add you to this years haunt tour. But you seem to miss the point, you are trashing me because I appreciate the hard work and dedication that Some put in to their haunts. YOu say that I worship at the alter of larry but isnt that what Graystone just did for you. There is no differance you started trashing me because I was impressed by Larry, Ben, Jim, Etc. And in answer to a previous question I have been to many haunted houses around the country We call it the yearly haunt tour and it always starts in the same place every year HHN in orlando. If you have been doing this for 35 years my hat is off to you.

Comment

Respect

Just wanting you to see that it's great your inspired by these folks.. Just do it your way not theres. I posted the other day on Leonard Pickels rant on through put. But you know it is in no way about that at all its about giving the customer what they want. I don't deserve to be in the same class as a Ben or a Larry I don't do this for a living. I do it for the love of the haunt and scaring the shit out of people... Being the best we can be...That is what makes us good not worrying who we might impress or not...
                                So inspire away just do it your way..That's all I'm saying...Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                                X