No announcement yet.

Narnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the new indy looked interesting but I wouldn't put ANY stock in ANY review Harry Knowles writes. That guy's reviews make me sick. Plus he will post advanced screening reviews of people he doesn't even know so how can you tell if the reviews are real. The fanboy thing goes both ways he is harder on some movies most people would like and easier on fanboy movies most people can't get into.
    Jared Layman

Comment

Indy was torpedoed at Cannes? Are you kidding? Did you read that somewhere or was that your opinion (a serious question not a snotty response). I say that only because today's Variety is reporting that it got a standing ovation at Cannes that lasted nearly three and half minutes. If you read that comment somewhere, please provide a link to the article because I would be very interested in reading that.

To clarify on my earlier comments, that opening day box office take that Warner's gave out for Speed Racer was not a projection. They gave that number out to the media on May 12, the Monday after opening weekend. Warner Brothers knew the true box office numbers but just rounded up to get second place. Most of the time the media just blindly picks up those box office numbers but this time someone checked on it and Warner Brothers got caught red handed. Basically, Warner Brothers knew they had a bomb and were rounding up to get Speed Racer the second highest grossing spot on it's opening weekend. Having done special make-up effects for film for 20+ years, I can tell you this type of deception is all too common in the film industry.

Some might remember a couple several years back when Eddie Murphy, who often gets a % of box office gross, had to sue Paramount for under reporting the true box office take on one of his films. by under reporting numbers, Paramount literally cheated Murphy out of millions of dollars. I don't remember his exact award amount but it was much, much larger than what he was actually owed.

At least he now has enough cash to fuel his transvestite hooker habit - LOL.

Tim Turner
      www.theghoulishgallrey.com

Comment

How can you find LOTR boring? There is a world that had to be created, you can't have nonstop battles throughout the movie. The only people who I have found to think it was boring was those who just don't like fantasy or period movies anyway, or people who haven't the brain capacity to keep up with a convoluted storyline and unable to process dialogue and then give up.....

LOTR were Masterpieces, Narnia has a long way to go. The talking gophers and fauns is just too childish I think. Still Narnia is entertaining and I plan to see it for sure...I do hope I like it more than the first one...

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
          How can you find LOTR boring?
          I just did, I enjoyed the visuals very much, but I guess I didn't grasp the whole story line cause it was the same in ALL 3 movies. Oh my god, gotta protect the ring, I need my precious to stay with me and NOT go to the bad guy, So lets walk a million and a half miles and put it in a safe place. Ugh, get a horse or something to ride on. And I don't mean the trees.

I forget which one I like the best, but I think it was 3. Don't know, I should watch them again. Does anyone know if there on blueray yet? That will be the ONLY time I watch these looooong ass movies again.

I forgot which comedian told the joke about LOTR, but it was hilarious.
          Last edited by TheNightMare; 05-19-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

TheNightmare, I agree with you. I never "got" those movies either. Walk for awhile, walk some more, fight some bad guys, walk more... Repeat as necessary.

Comment

You guys should watch the extended versions of LOTR, they are even better and added bits of action. I've never heard of anyone being critical of the films while focusing on them merely walking! With those movies, you have to pay attention to the whole story, even if it is long it's worth it in the end. I used the subtitles when I first was watching them, made it easier...LOTR is the second most read book of all time behind the Bible worldwide as well...

Comment

First off, the Chronicles of Narnia were written as childrens books, so talking beavers and fauns, and in Prince Caspian, sword-wielding mice are very entertaining to the younger audience. Besides, its fiction and fantasy, and pretty much anything goes. I just watched Prince Caspian tonight and I really enjoyed it, Im not asking any of you to agree with me, Im just simply stating my opinion. And alot of times I enjoy movies solely for the visuals and photography, even if the storyline is a bit flawed and unconvicing.
                Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
                [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Nate

This is just a great movie all around. Its nice to see a movie with out all the sex, nudity, cussing ect! Narnia will always be one of my favorites! I look foreward to the 3rd installment! Shane
                  sigpic

Comment

How can you say Narnia ripped off Lord of the Rings when The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is a book WAY WAY older than any Lord of the Rings concept?

As for Speed Racer, I walked into the movie theater expecting Speed Racer to be bad. I hated any and all trailers that I had seen, so my expectations were low. I only went because my kids wanted to see it. But to my surprise, Speed Racer was awesome. It was funny. It was exciting. I really enjoyed it!
                    Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                    www.HauntWorld.com
                    www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                    www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
                    It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Neither Narnia or Speed Racer looked that good to me. My wife is at the theater watching Narnia right now so I am curious as to what she will think about it. And speaking of Indy 4 I just read that Lucas already wants to 5 with Ford playing a secondary role.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

Ok my wife got home and she said she liked Narnia 2 and she said it reminded her of Lord of the Rings. But she is kind of weird...
                        Jared Layman

Comment

Hey Patti,

I think you are wrong about Narnia predating Lord of the Rings. Tolkien was penning ideas for LOTR while at brief periods of rest while in the trenches during World War One at the battle of the Somme, and other places as well. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis were among a couple others who at Oxford called their club TCBS(Barrovian Tea Club and Society) where under Tolkiens influence and his love for ancient langauge, medieval studies, and Christianity he started writing The Chronicles of Narnia between 1949-and 1954. Tolkien completed The Hobbit and the first 2 volumes of The Lord of the Rings in the mid twenties while at Pembroke College.

Either way, they both were extremely imaginative and important writers!

Allan

Comment

If Lindsay says Narnia 2 is good, then I'll give it a go and check it out. (Jared, you're horrible...lol.)
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry at least someone values my opinion.
                              Mrs.Boo

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
                              ~Miracle Max

Comment

Maybe I was just jealous not being invited...
                                Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                                X