No announcement yet.

The Darkness LAST FEW PHOTOS... Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could i just use the stuff used to stuco. also how weather proof is the stuco vs cement
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Modern Stucco is acrylic and styrofoam and is indeed water resistant but very expensive. It usually has a layer of styrofoam and then requires a brown coat and then the finished stucco mixture. Usually each of those layers is about 25 to 35 cents per square foot.

Most things for haunt decor can stop at the brown coat level and be finished with paint and details then if it is for long term outdoor use then it would require a sealer.

Brown coat sold as a part of a stucco system is also more expensive (twice) than you being able to make your own mixture. Plus, any product that has the polymer already in and you just add water have problems curing and need to be sealed. Like by adding a layer of stucco. Do you have something twice as expensive that has less durability.

You can very easily get yourself into $1 or more per square foot.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

In comparison for strength, stucco is for on a wall. Concrete with additives can over lay places you actually walk on. Even high traffic like a post office or Walmart entry. Plus way cheaper.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I will say and I'm not just saying this but this three headed dog from Scareparts just might be my favorite prop/animation we bought last year. Once you add digital sound, in the right setting, with a good set, this thing is just impressive especially for a television commercial...which I will have an updated one coming soon!

Here is a pic of a zrig from Scarefactory jumping up and let me tell you this is REALLY cool when you stick them in a TIGHT space!

Larry
          Attached Files
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Phenominal!!!

Kel
            sigpic