• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nightmare

he came all the way over to this new POSITIVE POST SIGHT
    just to write something negative!
    Shame on you!

Brutal Images is another vendor that has really good stuff we have
    bought in the past. Are they still around?
    They are good folks!
    Come Scream with us at SCREAM FARM

Comment

Brutal Images

Brutal Images is selling their stuff through Oak Island now.

Comment

Originally posted by neffuri27 View Post
        he came all the way over to this new POSITIVE POST SIGHT
        just to write something negative!
        Shame on you!
        Whatever! I have posted 3 times in this thread, one was teling shane his view counts on threads don't count. The other one was cause he called me out, and the 3rd was listing a company with great merit to buy from.

Heres another good vendor: Creative Visions and Haunt Visions

Comment

Let me say that I agree all the bitching should end. I feel I am as passionate as anyone, especially when you believe in something. Sometimes message boards are like a marriage you have to take the good with the bad. No offense to Denely, but his comment about 'NO DRAMA'... c'mon now lets keep it real.

I've seen ENDLESS message boards, some I never made ONE post on, from a message board about Tears for Fears, Marilyn Monroe, to all sorts of haunting ones, to fantasy football, or message boards so people can rip on their local sports teams or whatever.

You can't have a message board without some drama UNLESS... you have no one visiting your board. That is how you get ZERO drama... I've seen it a thousand times. I know in a perfect world you'd love it to be that way but look at the President race, or a local mayor race, you name it there is all sorts of drama and mudslinging.

Sometimes that is how you learn other points of view...if everyone always agreed you'd never learn anything and that is a fact.

We wouldn't have a need for two parties or three if you count the independents.

Bottom line these kinds of things from time to time are un-avoidable, not when people are passionate about what they're talking about be it sports or haunted houses. This goes on EVERYWHERE you turn!

However, to what degree do you take the abuse someone dishes out? How far can you go, or how far should you go? I think Shane has crossed all of those lines, and then some. I think Shane has some positive things to offer, and I keep waiting for them all to appear and I'm still waiting.

I've challenged Shane to share info about his haunts, lets see some video, photos, some new idea's anything to change the subject from vendors he does not like, or making accusations at myself for being some sort of patsy or whatever or the insults he has slung at others.

SHANE IF YOU'RE OUT THERE... change the subject from vendors to something unique you're doing, your haunt anything.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I agree

Please change your tune Shane!

Comment

HauntedHouseNut

I am confused. Do you love me? Or do you hate me? Make up your mind Shane
              sigpic

Comment

There exists that fine line between love and hate but no boundry for obsession!
                (i think I just made that up?)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

lol

Yeah we love you, just give Korner his chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                    There exists that fine line between love and hate but no boundry for obsession!
                    (i think I just made that up?)
                    Ooooo....that was a good one, Jim!

Comment

Good vendor, good friend

I agree with tater. I have bought a huge number of animatronics from Keith Korner over the last several years. They have worked well and look great. He has always treated me professionally. I WILL be buying from him in the future.

Randy Bates
                      The Bates Motel
                      Randy Bates
                      The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride
                      www.thebatesmotel.com

Comment

My "Drama Free" Opinion

Larry says on post#35
                        "Let me say that I agree all the bitching should end. I feel I am as passionate as anyone, especially when you believe in something. Sometimes message boards are like a marriage you have to take the good with the bad. No offense to Denely, but his comment about 'NO DRAMA'... c'mon now lets keep it real."

I say"
                        "I have personally changed my goals and priorities. Almost losing my kid to a serious illness puts things in perspective very quickly! Many people enjoy Jerry Springer or read the Enquirer. At this point in life I would rather read National Geographic or Cinefex. I'm not saying that people will never have a disagreement on www.hauntedhousecentral.com ...I'm just saying that I will focus on information rather than negativity. Haunting is again fun for me..I wan't and need it to stay that way.
                        "Sin"cerely,
                        John Denley

ps. Larry..that dark ride looks great..excellent job!
                        Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

Well said John.

Comment

John,

Let me tell you something, I follow all the comic book websites because I love COMIC BOOK MOVIES! These people are brutal to each other, for example some people love Brian Singer (director of X-Men and Superman). That director is the center of all kinds of love and hate... personally put me on the side of HATE! I HATED SUPERMAN and wasn't a fan of his X-Men movies either... I don't post on the message boards, I barely have time to post on this message board much less get bogged down in endless debates that really doesn't mean anything in the end. I guess it does to some degree because Brian Singer says the next Superman will have more action...

On sports websites, people are just SUPER brutal on these message boards. and on myspace people have committed suicide over things people have said. In fact my buddy here in St. Louis is the lawyer for the girl who was accused of causing another girl to commit suicide because of somethings she posted on a myspace page.

Hauntworld IS NOT JERRY SPRINGER... PERIOD!

Hauntworld is the INDUSTRIES #1 way to learn, and advance your attraction on the web. Yes there are some idiots that do dumb things, when a message board is REAL time, anything can be posted at anytime including spammers promoting IPHONES! I can't control what people say or do, heck I can barely control what I say. LOL

No matter WHO I TALK TO in this industry, and I've talked to HUNDREDS, they all read this message board. I think its UNFAIR for people to say this site creates drama, or is about slamming people or anything like that.

Yes some goes on and some happens, but it happens ON ALL message boards, blogs, myspace, and everything between. You can't control people, especially in America, everyone has a voice and sometimes even when they're wrong they express it and most of the time in different ways.

There is nothing I can do about it most of the time. As for Shane I've erased atleast 100 of his posts...Shane will continue to say what he wants even though I don't agree with him half the time.

The BOTTOM LINE is 95% of ALL POSTS on this site are positive, learning, communication, selling new or used stuff, updates from around the haunted world and more. People have used this site to promote their business, launch their business, sell used stuff, to asking thousands of questions and getting answers.

And yes this site has been used to EXPOSE frauds, just as you have done with Eric Carlson. Hauntworld is a place that is 95% drama free but people usually only remember the drama...but that is NO DIFFERENT than real life.

When people think about some celeb who drives drunk, or does something bad, people FOCUS on or just CHOOSE to remember the bad stuff. Hauntworld Magazine is positive, helpful, as is this website which provides people more information than all other sites combined.

People think of Haunted Attraction Magazine's site as an industry site, but its NOT, its a business site with a message board. Click on the buyers guide link and you can buy one, no links to vendors. Blah, blah... all of that is okay because everyone needs to make a living as they choose but Hauntworld has ALWAYS provided links, listings, information for free!

We have more articles posted and have continued to do so for years!

The bottom line I guess, or what exactly I'm trying to say is this...

"DRAMA"... its something you can't escape, when something becomes popular, the more people it draws in, the more problems you will have.

Its kind of like at your haunted house on a slow night, people love the attraction, there are no problems with people cutting in line, blah, blah...but then comes Saturday and line cutting everywhere, a zillion problems, drama drama drama... more people more problems.

Its just something you have to deal with, you have to take the good with the bad that is just the reality of the situation. In a perfect world I'm sure we'd all love for something to be a certain way but it is what it is.

As for the things you're doing, I support you a 110%, I've always supported you John, and Fright Times, and everything else. I wish you nothing but the best, and I'm very sad to hear about your son. I have two boys myself and they mean more to me than anything!!!! I couldn't even imagine dealing with the things you're dealing with. If there is anything I can do you let me know!

Either way 'DRAMA' it comes with success, at your haunt, in your life, with your business, one haunt tries to steal your signs, whatever... it's just something you know is going to happen! Just deal with it the best you can!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry!

I agree and I was not calling "Hauntworld"...Jerry Springer..I was merely stating my tastes. I appreciate Hauntworld's support and as you may remember I have reciprocated for years by doing Hauntworld ads in my videos and magazines. We could go back and forth but my point is simple. Let me use an expample we both can learn from. On the HMA site, the owner/moderator lets both sides of a dispute tell thier side and when he feels both sides are represented, he locks the thread so everyone can move on. It helps keep things positive. I think you do a great job here which was why I took part in your previous sponsorship programs and spoke at the Hauntworld gathering. I look forward to every "haunt-site"....but I'm a Halloween junkie, just like you.
                              Cheers
                              P.N.
                              PS. Thanks for the kind wishes about my son...let me know if you ever want one of those "Godzillas" for yours??
                              Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

OK, John and Larry! You guys are referring to Jerry Springer's show as a bad thing!
                                A producer of that show has been through The Ravens Grin several times and was so impressed he wanted me on that show,..somehow? Or he wanted some premiss to bring Jerry's show to my house!!
                                ...Of course we never thought of one......I'm not married to my sister, I don't live in a trailer attacked by space aliens every night and my tatoos don't scream obscenitys in public, getting me in trouble.(no matter how I mistreat them!)
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X