BodyBag Entertainment Xtreme Haunt FX DVD Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BodyBag Entertainment Xtreme Haunt FX DVD Review

First, before I get started, I have to say that at our haunt our actors call me Oz because I’m the guy behind the curtain. I do not participate in the face to face scares as most of the rest of our crew does. Therefore when it comes time for the staff to get their make up on to get into their individual roles, I take my techs and we make ourselves busy checking the compressors, air lines, triggers…..essentially anything to stay out of the way of my wife and her assistant when they are frantically prepping everyone for the evenings run. But just because I’m not directly involved with that aspect, it doesn’t mean that I don’t know how much quality make up FX means to the overall atmosphere of the haunt. And I have to tell you here and now, after watching BodyBag Entertainment’s fantastic new DVD, I am thoroughly impressed. The explanatory coverage of techniques, and variety of methods used throughout the presentation is fantastic. Yes, even to someone that has little to no background in make up like myself. I can safely say that this will be a great addition to our actor training sessions this summer. So….to all of you folks that have yet to order one of these DVDs, do so now. I promise, you will NOT be disappointed. Great job Rob.
    http://www.theironkingdom.com

HEY! I love hearing stuff like this....... Ironman thanx for the kind words!
    We put alot of effort into this Project and thus far the feedback has been GREAT!
    makes it all worthwhile.........
    Good Luck with IRONSTOCK this year!!!!!!!!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I have to totally agree with you 100% Ironman. I got my copy of the DVD couple days ago. I popped it in my DVD player right away and started to watch it. I LOVED every minute of it. It's very educational, cool and straight to the point. It taught me a couple thing thats I never knew how to do but know thanks to BodyBag I'm getting smarter about the FX make-up jobs. Every year I wear make-up. I collect tickets and tell the rules to the haunt every night we are open. So I'd love to make my make-up jobs even more realistic. This DVD I believe will make that happen.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

got my copy today....I will say favorite parts are the silicone throat on atalie...thats awesome. Next favorite segment was the spot with jason from screamline...that was awesome to watch/learn.
        As a newbie make-up kinda person....wow lots to learn from this dvd...amazing stuff.
        ----wife walked in on life casting.....said hell no at first.....think she may go for it......man u guys make that stuff look easy...great work...thumbs up!

Comment

Actually Johnny, IT is EASY! Hard to believe that was my first time ever doing makeup! Ok no ones going to believe that but seriously, FX makeup is simple, just get in there and do it!
          MotoGrater, your Haunt is close enough that you and your actors can come out to our haunt during FX trainning and sit in for some handson training..... Expect to see you guys out there!
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
          X