No announcement yet.

Carving Tool At Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said she wasn't nice and I totally understand it is hard to deal in an environment like that without help running your booth. First of all it isn't that big a deal but believe me at the time we were first standing there she was NOT overwhelmed by customers. Trust me if you had been there at that time I am sure you would agree. But it doesn't matter it wasn't a huge deal. And I don't think SHE is rude it is just what happened at the time. The comments were made more out of us saying "We were going to get one but due to circumstance were unable to get one at the show". I am not saying that company is terrible or that lady was terrible. I know I still plan on ordering one.
    Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
      Screw that company. We had bad luck with them. My haunt partner and I where standing there for a real long time to purchase a set. The lady giving the demonstrations told us, you have my complete attention now what can I do for you two. We told her we wanted the set for $99.99. She said ok great let me get you guys started and get the kit. Maybe a minute goes by she starts helping another group of people out. We stood there for a good 25 minutes, cash in hand waiting to buy it. But noooo didn't even seem to acknowledge we where still there waiting for her to hand us the set. So we got pissed off and walked away. They lost a paying customer. ME I understand they where really busy at that show, but we stood there for almost one hour. Minutes and minutes before she told us she had our 100% attention and would answer any questions. and then minutes and minutes later when we told her we wanted to buy the one for $99.99 but never followed through so whatever
      2 Things.

1- They use contractors at these shows, I have been within spitting distance of them for 4 years now at shows, and I have only seen the same people demonstrating/selling 2x in at least 11 shows. Typically they have 2 to a booth.

2- IMO, the tools are only OK, and I have all the professional pieces.
      a. The cutting wires are too flimsy, do no retain shaped when you want shapes.
      b. The heat is too low for substantial foam cuts, to big a kerf you need to account for.
      c.The cutting knife is friggin poorly constructed (should be called cutting spear) and have had the tip (the 6" length squeeze fitted to the handle) fall out repeatedly, something that should be spot welded!

I certainly have made far more substantial tools hot cutters that I turn to more often.

You get what you pay for.

Mind you, this stuff is great for the weekender hobbyist.
      But it has no place in cutting/carving tombstones and other features with 20-30 sq ft of surface area designs in a reasonable amount of time.
      GoryCorey
      See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

Working...
      X