No announcement yet.

For whatever its worth, just heard from Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BARRY! MHC is the only CONSTANT in a world of CHAOS!!!!!
    MHC is the Must ATTEND EVENT on my calendar each and every year.
    I have to say How impressed I am with the growth of MHC,
    MHC ROCKS!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Barry,

Is there any chance of moving up the MHC a few months to during the winter? Since you guys do a great job, maybe we can just have a haunt show and have all the big companies come to your show with their new line up for taking orders and not worry about Transworld anymore.

Darkangel

Comment

I was going to mention that Barry.
        MHC is the show.
        Thanks, Jeff
        www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
        www.HauntForum.com
        www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Is there any chance of moving up the MHC a few months to during the winter? Since you guys do a great job, maybe we can just have a haunt show and have all the big companies come to your show with their new line up for taking orders and not worry about Transworld anymore.
          I would be lieing if I said we had not considered it. It is definitely not a possibility in 2009 as there is no convention space available before June here in Columbus. Depending on what the industry wants and needs, we will have to wait and see what 2010 will bring.

have all the big companies come to your show
          Who exactly do you mean? Scarefactory will have a presence this year. Unit 70 is across the street basically. If someone would like to extol the virtues of MHC to Distortions for me it would be appreciated. Who else should I be going after?
          Last edited by Barry; 03-29-2008, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
            Scarefactory will have a presence this year.
            Way to go Barry! What was that nonsense I heard on other forums about bigger vendors not wanting to do smaller shows?
            I'd love to see MHC become the industry tradeshow. I know you guys started your show because you have a love of haunting. It isn't just a business venture for you, and that is what makes something great.
            Transworld is cool. Transworld is the old tried and true standard, but at their heart it will always be what's most profitable to Transworld. It's just my opinion, but I would like to see the industry standard be a show that has the industry at its heart.
            Last edited by lurker; 03-29-2008, 08:56 AM.
            sigpic
            Louis Brown
            Owner, operator, and dish washer
            at
            DarkWood Manor

Comment

Louis,
              Thank you for the kind words.

What was that nonsense I heard on other forums about bigger vendors not wanting to do smaller shows?
              Well, the way I look at it is:

1. What does everyone consider "bigger vendors"? Oak Island is preyty big in my opinion and they are coming here and did HC last year. Distortions went to HC last year. Other than those companies already mentioned, who does everyone want to see?

2. I do not consider MHC a small show anymore. LOL There are 58 vendors signed up now and many more to come.

Comment

You are right about that. It is no longer a small show at all. I was really impressed with it last year.
                I'm going to have to try to make it again this year.
                sigpic
                Louis Brown
                Owner, operator, and dish washer
                at
                DarkWood Manor

Comment

Please Please Be Seated

Ok lets bring the show to a nice dry corn field lol or I will open my farm up to the show. That way when you get tired of the show you all can see my collection of exotic animals such as tigers, leapords, camels, zebra, monkeys,llamas,birds and thats just to name a few. Then we can open Graystone ( free of charge on us I might add) Then we can zip down to Birmingham and visit Paul and the gang at Atrox!!! Kimmy it might be a little to far to hit your haunt but you can come and stay with me (winks) Would anyone agree to Alabama as the host city? Also here in Florence/Killen area there is a real haunt tour of haunted houses that are really haunted. Also a 5 star hotel Marriott.
                  Last edited by graystone; 03-29-2008, 09:31 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

For it to be taken as serious as Transworld, you'd need Unit 70, Scarefactory, Distortions, Oak Island, Gore Galore, Fright Props, Ghostride, ACC, Studio Tek, you know the usual suspects plus as many new vendors as possible! Sorry if I did not mention you as a vendor, there are many that I left out, poor memory....

Darkangel

Comment

Shane I have got to say Im Pretty Comfortable with MHC in Columbus!

Barry It is AMAZING how HUGE MHC has become in just a short time......
                      GoodBye Transworld Hello MHC!!!!
                      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I'm not ripping on anybody here, just my thoughts, take 'em or leave 'em...

TW is much larger than we like to think we are (or certainly than I like to think I am). If Rubie's and California Costume Company and Leg Avenue don't show up then Transworld is not Transworld. I don't shop these that often but they are what make the Transworld show happen. Without them you just have a slightly larger HauntCon.

Comment

You're right, that's what I was saying. It would be a one day show, that's ll you'd need really for just the haunt section. But at least with MHC it's pretty close to many key vendors....Transworld doesn't need the hautn show, so maybe it's time to pack up our toys and move on....I like having all three shows together, but things are now in the works and change seems to be coming....

Darkangel

Comment

I gotcha Angel... arguing the same point from different angles. I'm with ya!

Comment

Did Transworld print a book full of all the exhibitors for Vegas like they have always done before?
                              That infamous Vegas tv news("We're just a bunch of bored alcoholics") show of the show said over 700? exhibitors were there?
                              700? Really?
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Halloween & Party Expo

Just received some literature in the mail from that show that's going to be in Houston. They extoll the warmer temps down in Texas in January. Good advertising.

Comment

Working...
                                X