Your thoughts please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts please!

OK I told you all about the DARE program in my last post and how I hope to do a haunt for the program.

My question is, would it be a bad or good idea that my haunt would be 15 or 20 min from the current haunt that donates all $$$$ to DARE?

I am not sure what to think.

Mr. Haunt

I'm not sure what to think either. I mean I'm trying to stay positive and stuff......
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Would your haunt be 15 minutes from the other haunt straight up or straight down?
      Falling through a hole in the earth's crust (not crusties) you could fall along time in 15 minutes. Makes for a not bored que line though.
      The earth's center is thought to be a spinning liquid core of molten nickel , probably what pulls our souls downward when we die, and I guarantee you it Will be Hot!
      what does the math say? Falling for 15 minutes=1/4 of an hour, terminal velocity ? 110 miles per/hour, so if these numbers are right (and not "Num"), after 15 minutes you would be 27.5 miles
      D O
      W
      N........
      I think 27.5 miles is far enough away from the other haunt.
      AND IT ONLY TAKES 15 minutes to get there!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks Greg for staying possitive.

Jim....................... I have no clue what you are getting at, but thanks for your imput.

You would think it's not much of an issue, just as long we raise money for a good cause.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Jim, you crack me up but I think it's time to go back on the meds...

Comment

Good and bad

The good thing would be that whichever someone goes to, the program will get the money. The bad might be that people will wonder why you didn't just do one big one....which brings up the question: Why don't you join forces with the other group? It's tough getting something started the first year. This would give you a good taste of what to expect in coming years should you decide to go out on your own. Doing separate haunts for the same beneficiary will also confuse potential sponsors you both approach. Whatever you do, don't try to attrract sponsors or patrons by saying that yours will be bigger and/or better.

Comment

what if...

What if you and the other haunt had a partnership of sorts. Each of you advertise the others huant at their haunt - promoting DARE all along the way. I know when I go haunt hopping, I usually hit all the huants in the area, and a 15 min drive is close. You could both benefit from it!
              Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

One of the best ideas of I've heard!

Instead of patrons going to one or the other, get them to go to both.

Comment

I'm sorry shawnc.... I must have blacked out! (I should never post when I am exhausted... I end up not reading everything, and then repeating something someone already suggested.) I do have original ideas, honest! LOL

Comment

Katie, I wasn't being sarcastic

I figured they would go to one or the other. You suggested getting them to go to both - a much better idea.

Comment

Shawn - I didn't even take it sarcastically, I just realized I said pretty much exactly what you did. No harm no foul - just thought I would be neighborly and call myself out

Comment

Working...
                      X