We all like plastic! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all like plastic! LOL

I know that most of you are very against the use of plastic for walls and other haunt uses do to safety concerns.

I am thinking of using them as only a temporary use for maybe a year or two. But I want to know if anyone who uses or has used the black plastic in their haunts have any pictures of the set up such as frames and what ever else.

I am thinking about this being free standing and out doors. The sections would not be large, but I would like to know what you suggest for the framework PVC pipe or metal. I might choose this for a commercial haunt or a home haunt.

Thanks

Mr. Haunt

Never done this

but I have seen chain link fence mazes put up with posts sunk into the ground every eight feet or so. I guess you could do the same thing, though you would probably need a top cross bar to help hold the plastic up if you leave it up more than a few days to keep it from sagging to the ground. Someone is making fire resistant plastic now. They had an ad in the latest issue of HauntWorld.

Comment

Plastic walls

I think Keith at scareparts uses flameproof material for his vacuum formed walls, you should give him a call.

Comment

Warning!!!!warning!!!!warning!!!

What ever you do DO NOT!.... AND I REPEAT..... DO NOT CALL KEITH KORNER AT SCAREPARTS YOU WILL BE ASS RAPED QUICKER THAN YOU CAN YELL THIEF!!!TRUST ME THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE THAT WISHED THEY HAD NEVER HEARD THE NAME SCAREPARTS!! Call OakIsland they are a Honest company and have good prices!! I am sure there are other companys out there as well. Just remember this. make sure you check out a company before you Buy. ScareParts gives new meaning to the phrase "Buyer Beware!" Need more info to to Haunted House Vendore.Products,and Industry Issues you can look under the thread SacreParts. This message is brought to you by Graystone who will always make sure that vendors are honest about themselves and their products.
        sigpic

Comment

I would not use Visquin. It is very unsafe. I, would also suggest using the fire retardant plastic. Here is a great company to use, that has the flame retardant black plastic. I have purched from them before. They have a very good price on it and they are a pleasure to do business with.

http://www.americover.com/Products/FRBlackPlastic.html

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
          Deadly Intentions Haunted House (Prison)
          www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Good

Good info Howie! May this will help the guy out.
            Last edited by graystone; 03-25-2008, 07:34 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Unless they have changed the forum for making that flame retardant black plastic in the last few years be warned. It has a limited shelf life. After about 6 months to a year it becomes flamable once again. Call the company and ask them about the shelf life of the stuff.
              sigpic
              Louis Brown
              Owner, operator, and dish washer
              at
              DarkWood Manor

Comment

...and the entire planet will be flammable..when it falls into the sun.
                A man once had a hotel about to open, the inspector didn't like the fact that he had run the hallway carpet up the wall about a foot.(Too lazy to cut it?) They took a sample outside, torched it and the carpet almost exploded it burnt SO FAST!
                The inspector made him remove the exploding carpet.but only from the walls!?
                On the floor it was supposed to be "fine"?
                The hotel owner had gotten this carpet real cheap from the Janesville, Wisconsin Chevy plant.
                So what would happen if this stuff was on the floor of your Chevy!?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Howie

Have you used americovers tape as well? How strong is it?

I think the price for the plastic is cheap enough that it's replaced every 2 or 3 years.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Working...
                  X