Vegas Vs Chicago - Just my .002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan24 View Post
    Orlando would be great, but there is one downside. In Orlando you really couldn't have a tour. The only haunt I know of in the Orlando area is 'Skull Kingdom'. I guess it's just really hard for anyone to keep up with Universal's Horror Nights.

Other than the tour issue, I couldn't think of a better place to have it.
    I think skull kingdom closed in 2007 so that rules it out! And theme park haunts are in a league of their own. Plus i felt very cheated with that IAHA tour of Behind the screams of HHN back in November, we only got to see 2 haunts, and it was very rushed...all for a mere price of $85.
    Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
    [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Kids and stuff

Originally posted by HauntedWebby View Post
      I don't know. Maybe Tue the door people decided to let everyone in. I saw lots of kids and people without badges.
      Webby, I think the kids started arriving (in strollers no less) about the same time as the scanners at the entrance stopped scanning. I think it was was Tuesday that I started getting asked if I had been scanned today or not.

Anybody else notice the two goons, with security tags on, standing behind the scanners the entire show? That was pretty wierd.

BTW - why didn't we run into each other?
      http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Karl, those guys were real? I thought they were props.

Wayne
        www.trailofterror.com

Comment

I would much rather deal with the cold of chicago then go to the show in Vegas again. I have been to chicago many times for reasons beyond Transworld and yes I have driven in the ice and snow and I would much rather deal with that then deal with Vegas again. I am pretty sure that people meant there is nothing to do in chicago because it is too cold to go into the city, because there is a ton to do in chicago. There are a ton of awesome museums, restaurants, and shows to take in if you go into the city. Believe me there is a ton to do if you are willing to brave the cold, which doesn't bother me. I always have a blast in Chicago. And besides I thought that most everyone that goes to Chicago spends the whole day at the show and then hangs out at the bar anyway. Plus, I can walk around Chicago with my kids without people trying to hand out nasty flyers everywhere or having my kids see discarded ones on the ground. Not to mention people seemed to walk around Vegas drunk all day long. I am not saying the show must stay in Chicago but I sure hope it never goes back to Vegas. That is just my opinion and I do understand everyone's point about it being to cold to do stuff. Maybe I am just too boring of a person for Vegas.
          Last edited by mindtumor; 03-21-2008, 07:20 AM.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedWebby View Post
            I don't know. Maybe Tue the door people decided to let everyone in. I saw lots of kids and people without badges.
            I brought my kids to Vegas but they didn't go to the show, I thought kids weren't allowed?
            Jared Layman

Comment

Transworld vegas was Bodybag entertainments best event to date, BUT I would Much rather do it elsewhere, VEGAS was WAYYYYYYY OVERPRICED, seems as though the hotels were SCAMS just waiting to happen, the food sucked major butt, we finally found a nice little italian restuarant, that was affordable and had GREAT meatballs,as for the card flickers, I flashed all of them with the FETUSFLINGER chest piece, and they never ever flicked a card at me again..... The Union was a PAIN in the Butt, but thats normal. They Outright LIED on our Skid weight..... saying that we had 1400 lbs worth of product, and overcharged for that.... Hmmm I brought my display and product in a 4x6x2 halfton pickup truck..... the springs never sagged a inch, and yet I had nearly a ton of product......
              As for the PCA show in Houston, thats great for us guys trying to get into Retail chains, BUT from what I have been told by the Organizers, it will not be open for the HAUNT INDUSTRY........ So whats a guy to do........
              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

One of the things you can't escape is the cost of doing business. It costs for vendors it costs for buyers to attend tradeshows. It costs for seminars, it costs for hotels, food, travel you name it. There is no end to it at all...

Some vendors choose not to attend, and maybe they're the smart ones. Who knows. Some buyers didn't attend and maybe they are even smarter knowing they can sit here for free and look at the photos, the video and what not for nothing or just request brochures.

Tradeshows use to be the ONLY way to communicate for buyers and vendors and now its not only the ONLY way but not the best way. The internet is slowing replacing everything, but it can't replace that face to face you get from a tradeshow.

I don't think tradeshows are going anywhere but they will also cost you something. How much did you spend, how much did you get back, cost vs. return. Was it worth the money?

Some say yes others say maybe, others don't know and some say no way.

No matter how much you charge, no matter how much you spend I think the above sentence will always ring true so no matter where you go you'll never make anyone or everyone happy.

I'm just happy it wasn't in Chicago!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

DARN! Missed another opportunity to heal my hemmoroids by replaCING THEM WITH ANAL WARTS! (Seems like an all-natural method doesn't it?)
                  Shane on me! , er I mean shame on me!

(CAN you tell I'm excited?)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X