Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Here are some more videos from 2007. We posted some already earlier as our official entry but wanted to share these with the community as well.

Enjoy!

This video was used in online advetisements and shown on flat screens to customers while waiting in line

This video was also used in online advertisements and sent to customers that signed up for our mailing list...turn up the volume to hear the audio...

Comment

Wow, I love those videos from House of Torment! Very creative and scary as hell. The second one really got me. This video is totally different. Even though our haunt is very scary on the inside, we decided to use a bit of humor to entertain the guests waiting to get in. The people ate it up and I can't believe how many of them thought the skunk was real. He does get a few scares himself halfway through the video.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Just watching your video, it really brought home a point that way too many haunts(even worse so in the north) perpetuate the sterotype of scary southern backwoods hillbillies with buck teeth and sort of "The Hills Have Eyes" like behavior....I'm surprised others have not complained about it to you.....There may be some people who feel slighted at your attemps to misrepresent certain people in the south. If your haunt is in New England, why not have a backwoodsmen with your local accents? After all, wouldn't the southern hillbillies be way down south, far from you guys?

I know it's all for fun, but still.....

Darkangel

Comment

It's impossible to please everybody. At some point someone will be offended no matter what you do. Certain religious groups take offense at the whole haunt industry and even Halloween itself. Where would that leave us if we tried to please them? My uncle came up with that character and you can see by the people's reactions everyone loved it. It just wouldn't be funny at all if he had a Boston accent. Here is another one showing him interviewing people.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

I see your point, things are funny when you make fun of people with southern accents. I'd like to see some haunts in the south have characters that neglect to include the "R" when they speak english, maybe that will be funny to customers in the south....Might be an idea.....

Seriously though, I know what you're saying but unless you're doing anything anti-Christian or anti-onganized religion, it's not the same as singling out a certain type of person and their individualt traits....

Comment

Dark angel, Mr.Lowther is right, it is impossible to please everybody, and I have to say coming from the south, I thought that was pretty funny. By the way I love haunted overload.
                INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Shredman, his haunt looks really cool, can't argue with that...I think I'll have a scene this year depecting a guy with a Boston accent, see if I can get the crowd rolling with that!!

Darkangel

Comment

Nice darkangel, I might too just to get a few laughs. Probably not. lol
                    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Yeah, maybe you're right, it's MUCH more funny making fun of the South, right? Hey maybe since all the jobs are moving south it would be easy to find many real Boston accents to use or better yet get those guys with the Boston accents show us how we southerners actually speak and act!!!!

Comment

There's tons of other things to be offended about in that clip if you wanted to be. The fact of him using a dead skunk puppet and animal pelt for his hat could get tons of complaints from PETA. Also anyone with a real bladder problem that uses Depends could be offended because we are making fun of that. We are trying to entertain people and you can see by the video that it is working. I wouldn't take offense at all if a southern haunt used a Boston accent with one of their characters. I think it sounds funny when I hear it in movies like the Departed. I never gave the accent the character uses a second thought. To me it doesn't even sound that much like a real southern accent. I have friends from the south and they thought the character was funny as hell. Like I said, you can't please everybody.

Eric
                        www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric you are right.
                          INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Good points Eric, wow shredman are you sure you don't work for Eric? J/K

Comment

Lol darkangel, I just know that no one can be pleased 24/7, And I live in the south and I wasn''t offended at all. Btw we probably shouldn't be going off in this direction on the top 13 haunts of america thread, Lol
                              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Eric is completly right.
                                If you are going to open an attraction, and you are going to try and keep your attraction completly 'politicaly correct'. You might as well just not even open up.
                                As Eric said, there is no way to keep everyone happy. Something could found to complain about for every single prop, scene, or charecter you have.

Great video by the way, your place looks awsome.
                                Jordan Renda
                                www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Working...
                                X