No announcement yet.

Contacted Tw about dressing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its very sad but very true... TW should ban camera's or create a policy that you can not take photos without permission. That is the rule at IAAPA. These vendors make their living creating this stuff, they put in a lot of passion, hard work, and money then to save someone jump behind it, under it, or whatever just to take photos is outragous!!! But it does happen!

ALL THE TIME!

So for me I think TW should be a show for qualified buyers, because these people make thier livings based on this show, and you dont' want to waste your time talking to people who just want to steal your idea's or whatever.

I will bet you that EVERY vendor can tell you a story of someone who tried to take secret pictures, or tell the vendor how they made one just like cheaper based on their idea, or asking vendors 'where did you buy that part or how did you make this'. LOL

Its really kinda funny but yes there are tons of those people.

Hey I'm all for the do it yourself people... but don't take photos of something just because you plan to copy it!!! C'mon now!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Is the Haunt section still a cash and carry. I've noticed most Haunt vendors have only one price at the show and the same on their site. They sell to anyone. So are they still
      consider Wholesalers .

Larry C.
      www.abracadaver.com (new site)
      abracadaverprops.mac.com (new Email again)

Comment

Amen Larry! I hear that guy is still stuck under the tunnel, David Fachman has been overheard complaining about the smell. We had some guys actually set-up two bat lights and a tripod the first year we showed, thats alot of hutzbah!
        Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Vendor point of view

It was a little of an eyeopener to see a vendor's point of view. From that standpoint, there are those haunters who are disrespectful and ridiculous - making the event aggravating for all involved. i can't believe someone would have the balls to take something apart! I know when i went, I only gathered info for my boss that was relevant, and was the only person getting the stuff - so i guess i assumed that others had the same common sense, apparently not. I think an admission fee would solve the issue of bringing large groups, that sounds like smart buisness.
          Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Another 2 cents

Could part of the problem be that alot of people don't recognize this as an actual buisness industry? Some people may think that everybody just does this for fun, not for a living. (I don't, but I'm sure there are people like this out there)
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Matt,

I know for a FACT that the one year you brought the animated house or whatever, people where talking about how they video taped it and 'would make one better' or 'we can make that' or whatever. You had a lot of people talking about your house you built, a bunch of people video taped it so they could later on build one themselves. SAD but true.

I heard a lot of people talking about your animated house... that was a great job.

I hope people buy one not video tape it then try in vain to make one better... i know they can't do it!!!! But it doesn't stop them from trying.

What can you do???

To me the sadest demonstration of this was when the OTHER magazine had someone write an article and showed people how to make a GHOST RIDE kicker prop out of PVC pipe, chicken wire, and an air cylinder. I thought that was a low blow to an advertisers but what can you do...

Vendors make their living creating these products, we need to support them 110%. We're already down several vendors from years past, lets support the ones we have. Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I’ve only been vending at the shows for a couple of years and have a dozen stories so I’m sure all of the vendors that have been around have some great ones to tell. I like the tunnel story that is really funny!

When people do that stuff I kind of laugh because I know what it takes to make the stuff and I’m sure it is easier to copy something then to do all of the R&D etc the first time, but still most of the people will spend 10 times the money in time and shipping costs trying to make a one off copy then if they would just buy one from you in the first place. I’m guessing many fail and waste time and money or like you say make some thing that is inferior to the original.

What really sucks is when other vendors rip you off, that is the real low blow. I had another vendor rip open my stuff after hours to steal my electronics and also see vendors doing ripoff cheaper products of other vendors stuff all of the time. I’ve said this before, if someone makes and sells a cheaper ripoff product and thinks it helps haunters they are very wrong. If you put the guy out of business that is coming up with the original ideas haunts are going to have the same old crap and never get anything new.

Please support the vendors that bring you the new ideas that will make your haunt great!!!

PS Sorry if anyone has been trying to get to my website. It has been down while we move it to a new host and domain name server. Hope to have it up soon, (the website that is)!

Regards,
                Jeff Londos
                Monster-Tronics
                Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                www.Monster-Tronics.com
                Regards,
                Jeff Londos
                Monster-Tronics
                Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                www.Monster-Tronics.com
                Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

I have never taken pictures at the show to copy any product someone has made. I have only taken them at the show for the memories and novelty of being there. It is pretty sad people would do this to the vendors.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

We bring a professional photographer with us to the show but only take pictures of items we are BUYING with the owners permission. We only do this because company stock photos usually suck.
                    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Working...
                    X