OK everyone who is in and who is out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason,

I don't think you have anything to worry about on the haunted side of the coin. I understand there was just some costume show with Rubies and maybe some of those people won't show. But haunted house owners have this date on their calender all year.

There isn't ONE haunted house owner who doesn't want to come to this show.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

This is NO offense to the MHC's or the Hauntcons or whatever. But I've heard vendor after vendor after vendor tell me they will NOT display again at Hauntcon because they don't make sales. Funny thing is that a lot of haunted house owner went to that show so what gives? Funny thing too is that most people say that Hauntcon or an MHC is more fun to attend than Transworld.

So again what gives?

What gives is that Transworld is the buyer seller show period! Most of the biggest vendors on the block do not display at Hauntcon or these other shows. They only display at Transworld and maybe IAAPA. Buyers go where the sellers go and the sellers go where the buyers go. Its really that simple.

Buyers haunt buyers will probably drop as much as 5 to 6 or maybe more million dollars at Transworld. It doesn't matter how many of the smaller buyers don't show because they'll probably end up driving to MHC or something, and you can grab their business there. Moving the show actually might be a GOOD thing for selling more product at shows like MHC, because a lot of those people prefer to drive to a show over a weekend.

I don't like the dates of this show that is scary considering all the people who have real jobs but hey if you are REALLY in the business you will be there.

A little secret about me... SHHHH! I turn down 10 to 15 consulting offers EVERY SINGLE YEAR. People offering me 2 or 3 or more thousand dollars if I'd just fly out to their place for a weekend. No go man... I hate to travel! I mean I HATE IT!

I've become somewhat reclusive meaning I almost don't even leave the house. I will travel if I HAVE TO DO IT for our business but I don't want to. To get me on a plane to come see someones haunted house for some consulting job you better be paying some big bucks because I just don't want to leave my house basically.

The point is... that I wouldn't go to the Transworld show myself if I didn't think it was just that important to my business. It is! I don't do Hauntcon and I've never attended any of these other shows because I just don't need to go. I think those shows are a choice, you choose to go because you want to have a great social experience, meet people and tour some haunts. All great things but not esential to my business. So I don't go. I think MHC specifically is really shapping up for this industry to be a secondary show for vendors but I probably still wouldn't go its just me. I wouldn't go to Transworld either if I didn't feel like I really have no choice in the matter.

I go to Transworld because its IMPORTANT to my business and its the same reason why all other haunters go! I think everything will be fine!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I just read elsewhere that some aitports now ask you to remove all electronic devices from luggage so they can check them AND even cables. The person posting this said they knew that this all added extra waiting time and nobody had warned anyone beforehand..for what it's worth?
      Another opportunity for theft and loss.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I predicted it a long time ago. Pretty soon all the flights will be nude only! I would not mind it with some of the girls I have seen on the flights, but occasionally you get the 400# guys on the plane
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Larry, I got to tell you that I think you are dropping the ball by not attending MHC, as a Vendor who has been to the BIG THREE and a whole lot of Little EVENTs, I can say that MHC is by far my favorite event.
          As a Haunter, that has attended just about every haunt related event I can say that once again MHC is by Far my favorite event.
          MHC has GROWN in Leaps and Bounds, and I am willing to bet you lunch that by 2010 MHC will be the NUMBER ONE EVENT for all things Haunted. One of the things that I can say that I see being a actuality is the fact that unlike other events that I shall not name, MHC supports the Haunters, they support the vendors, they support the speakers, they actually care about the industry, In turn I see that the Haunters, the Vendors, the speakers, and the industry in a whole will SUPPORT MHC.
          Transworld could give a Rats butt about whether haunters attend or not, and This year I am still struggling with a huge desicion, do I swallow my pride, and support a event that does not support me, that doesnt care enough about my industry to have a ACTUAL floorplan in effect 50 days out from the showdate.
          Sorry Im really not a Ill take what you Give me kind of guy.
          But anyways....... Larry get off your butt, and go to MHC! All the cool kids are doing it.
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I really hope that all the haunt people I know and lothe.. um ..love do very well out there in Vegas, but I can see if coming back to Chicago if things don't go as planned. Sure, the Midwest is full of freaks, myself included, but maybe there is this great untapped market out there just waiting to break free! I wish I was going, but alas the almighty dollar holds me back. I'll just have to live through the rest of my pals at Evilusions and then wait until MHC (not pregnant, and can;t wait to join in th efun this year!!!!!). And on a note about what Jason stated about passing the mug onto Steve.... I think it's about time that Steve caught up to you and drinks you under the table! Are you up for the challenge?? LOL I want someone to take pictures!!!! (And have a Heiniken for me)
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Speaking of MHC.......... No time like the present to announce that BBE will be playing in the Makeup WARS!!!!!!!!! Jason since this is your Thread I figure youll be the next to join in on the FUN!
              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Transworld vs MHC

Thanks for your kind words about the MHC!

Hi Everyone,

This is a shameless plug. Transworld is a show for buyers.

The Midwest Haunters Convention is for Haunters including Operators, Technicians, Actors and Makeup Artists. That includes shopping for everyone with our huge show floor, and our awesome social events including haunt tours and parties. We want Haunters!

We keep taking it up a notch. Last year, among other things we launched the Midwest Fantasy Show which was a fabulous success. It will be back this year.

We are staying at Harrah's at TW. Hope to see you soon!

Neena
                Neena Collins | MidOhio Productions

Midwest Haunters Convention
                June 3-5, 2011 Columbus, Ohio
                www.MidwestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

To me Transworld is a necc evil. I love the MWHC. So much so I have turned down a huge contract and booking so I can attend this year. TW is big with lots of lots of vendors. Thats it. MWHC has less vendors, but the folks that put it on are haunters and CARE about the haunters that go.

Comment

"HUGE" Contract!?
                    The bigger they are, the harder they fall, so don't be standing too close to one when a big wind blows!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I hear NOTHING but good things about MHC, and I even hear from vendors who tell me they made money. I hear the exact opposite about Hauntcon. The great thing about MHC is that its in Ohio. Last year on Hauntworld Ohio was the #1 state for traffic requests. PA was second place. Ohio is just a big haunt state period.

As for me going... well I doubt it but you never know. I think Columbus is a really nice town!!! I would encourage everyone else to go to MHC, just for myself I'm just too lazy!!! LOL

I will say that my actors want to go to MHC to talk to other actors and stuff. We've talked for two years about sending them up there. Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The vendors have set up the war of the 16 foot tall facades and displays at Transworld. At the smaller conventions there is a 12 inch by 30 inch sign with their company name on it.

You know nothing gets the buyers more in a frenzy than a good table cloth and a sign. Polo shirts with a ponch hanging out is good too.
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

SCREAMLINE has always been about presentation, MHC, haunt con, or even the enemy transworld, I personally cannot stand when vendors just throw things together for the buyer with minimum effort, but thats just me!!

just some random dude
                          Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

P.S If anyone has any extra cash,cds,stocks,bonds, retirment funds,silver fillings laying around transworld would love to take them of your hands for a small fee!!!!
                          Last edited by screamline studios; 01-31-2008, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Well, since this is a thread about TW let me first say that I hope all of the vendors do well out there! I am all for anything that grows our industry.

Ron, as for number of vendors, you are in for a very pleasant surprise when you see this year's show floor! I think our square footage equals that of ANY other show and we are already 35% sold with many of the larger vendors, who have said they are coming, yet to sign on. Stay tuned...

Comment

Hey barry,
                              Dont forget about us boys and girls at screamline we are for sure in!!

Jason Blaszczak
                              SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

Barry, I am sure you will have more vendors than what you know what to do with this year. This year will be crazy. Next year is going to be off the scale.
                                Congrats in advance Buddy! Hope to see YOU in Vegas....

Comment

Working...
                                X