Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Boys Full Day Seminar, Guest Designer Announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Boys Full Day Seminar, Guest Designer Announced!

Nick Collins is a scenic designer and consultant based near Charlotte, NC.
    His award-winning design and technical work has been seen at Six Flags Theme Parks, Paramount Parks, Cedar Fair Parks, and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. He has served for the past 2 years as Art Director for the Scarowinds’ Halloween Haunt, the Carolina's largest Haunted Event. Nick has written for Haunted Attraction Magazine and has presented his popular “Scenic Painting for the Haunted Attraction” demonstration at HauntCon in 2005, 2006, and 2007.
    His studio, SEE-NICK-DESIGN specializes in custom scenery design for stage, displays, exhibits, props & themed environments.
    For more information, please visit: http://www.seenickdesign.com
    “Nick’s talents and skills in scenic and set design are AMAZING! I sat in on a faux painting seminar Nick presented at HC last year and was blown away by what I learned!” - Mike Krausert / Terror on the Fox

Bad Boys Scenic Design-Behind the Curtain!
    www.terroronthefox.com
    20 years is a long time to be in the Haunt business, and you are bound to learn a few things in that time. Now for the first time ever, the crew from Bad Boys Scenic Design will reveal every trick, technique and method that they have developed during their 2 decades in the Haunted Attraction Industry.

This special all-day seminar will feature several members of Bad Boys and a very special guest designer. A partial Haunt scene will be constructed from start to finish! Learn how Bad Boys incorporate a variety of different design techniques at every stage including set construction, foam carving, Faux painting, distressing, LightScaping and Soundscaping!

Plus, the Bad Boys will divulge secrets on sponsorship writing, their favorite places to buy cheap banners, posters, flyers and tickets. Learn how they’ve worked to get the community involved and most importantly how to Haunt safely, creatively and successfully without forfeiting the fun!

Bad Boys Scenic Design is a partnership comprised of professional designers responsible for the vision, construction, staffing and operation of “Terror on the Fox,” one of the most successful haunted house attractions in the Mid-west.

Green Bay’s Terror on the Fox Haunted Attraction has earned a reputation as one of the United States’ most detailed, thrilling, fright-filled events since its doors opened over 11 years ago. Named among the Top Ten Halloween events in the country, Terror on the Fox is spearheaded by Bad Boys Scenic Design a group of individuals whose artistic skills in set design have earned them the respect and admiration of the most prominent names in the Haunted Attraction industry.

Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn the ins and outs of Haunting from one of the country’s most creative Haunt crew.

Price for this in-depth full day session is $290, but you can save $40 by signing up for the seminar by March 31st.

Visit the follow link to register today for this very special seminar!
    http://www.hauntedattraction.com/sto...roducts_id=241
    Last edited by Tattoo; 01-17-2008, 07:20 PM.
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

I have received several e-mails asking about the theme of the scene that we will be building, right now we are leaning towards a medical / laboratory type scene. We will be building this scene from start to finish during the class. We want a theme that incorporates most of the techniques that we use when we design and build scenes at Terror on the Fox. We are making the final decision on the theme this Sunday and I will post the decision on Monday.

We will all auction off the finished scene at the end of class, money raised will benefit a Haunt related charity.

Take care,

Tattoo
    Last edited by Tattoo; 01-18-2008, 08:53 AM.
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

What was that Tattoo ? If I make the Trek to houston just to see this seminar, youll sneak me in as a assistant, thus waiving all registration fees..... OK Im there!
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

The guys from Bad Boys, Terror on the Fox, have designed some really nice looking rooms. In this industry the rooms they do are right up there with anyone else in the industry. Sounds like a seminar any haunter would want to see.

You know this brings up an interesting subject because some haunts with awesome scenes get accused of looking cool but not being scary.

I think the one thing you can find common in all haunts with awesome scenes is LONG LINES! The so called 'scary haunts' do 1/5th the attendance, therefore can lynch the customers, while the quote unquote 'not scary haunt with the cool scenes' have to run the guests through faster.

Either way I think having great scenes, great fx, and great actors all equal successful attraction. I think some people put too much on actors, while other too much on scenes. You need both to be a mega haunt!

Bad Boys know a thing or two about cool scenes, that you can take to the bank. There isn't probably too many people better than these guys to teach you the art of great scenes.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Again, this MUST BE TAPED and SOLD ON DVD!!! This sounds to good to miss, but, some of us MUST miss this. So, a DVD must be made! I'd buy 3! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Of course Rob! But you have to make the drive to Houston in your Hearse wearing your stilts!

Thanks for the plug Larry, the check is in the mail!

Tyler, we are all discussing the filming of the seminar, we have made no decisions to this point but we will keep you informed and hold you to the 3 copies!

As to the comment Larry made about Detail vs. Scare..................

We try our best to do both but had a very fun learning experience this year.

We had a second Haunt at Terror on the Fox this year. The Haunt was called TORMENT and was based on phobias and fears. We built this Haunt OLD SCHOOL, the way we used to build about 15 - 20 years ago! Black walls, minimal deco, and sole concentration on the scare and the actor.

OUR CUSTOMERS LOVED IT!

It was an up-charge that approximately 68% of our customers took advantage of!
            A lot of the people that left TORMENT refused to enter Terror on the Fox because they were too scared! The exit of TORMENT is positioned very close to the main queue line of Terror on the Fox, this caused a lot of people to upgrade their tickets on the spot as they heard the comments of people exiting TORMENT.

I think people are looking for both in an event, I'm a total detail whore (hehe) and we will always detail our scenes at TOTF, we feel it's important to make your guests feel like they are IN your scene.

We will be adding a third event to TOTF this year and will do some very heavy exit polling to see what people liked the best.

Take care all,

Tattoo
            Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

I would agree with Larry - TOTF is an awesome show.

I also agree on the Detail v Scary discussion.

We have a second show that is darker and more "savage" Some prefer it to our larger more detailed show because that is what some people want, darkness, violence and blood. But when we get super busy its effectiveness drops.

People want the familiar, they want to be scared, they want to be amazed.
              They also recognize when you do something different, something unusual.

What we try to do is give them what THEY want ( The basics) AND what WE want (the really weird) -

It works out pretty well.

Thanks!

Ben
              NETHERWORLD
              Ben Armstrong
              NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
              www.Fearworld.com
              www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Ben,

Was your second event included with your ticket price or was it an up-charge?

Take care,

Tattoo
                Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

Alrighty then, charging up the battery in Lost souls as we speak! See ya in Houston!
                  Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Upcharge.

That way if families don't want to subject kids to it, they don't have to.
                    Also it has a slightly slower flow, that suits it.

Thanks

Ben

NETHERWORLD
                    Ben Armstrong
                    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                    www.Fearworld.com
                    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

We decided on our theme for the Seminar last night and we will be building a medical / lab scene. It will be based off of a scene that you might find in a late 1800's style Hospital.

Take it easy and hope to see you in Houston!

Tattoo
                      Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

Working...
                      X