Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of Vendors...What is on your Christmas List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have to be honest. Last year i went to buy things but i was already on a turning point of i can make that and more to my tast and liking. for less.
    i am working on a catalog for my store Halloween oriented! but this year i am going to strictly look at presentation and to grab as many catalogs as posible to review. fear not though vendors as i always pass on your stuff to others even when old if i am asked about a product that i know some one caries.

i am antisipating an excelent product line up as i have seen the props evovling over time to what is a high quality. so i want to come into the market with a very competitive and cost effective product line.

this year will comprise of alot of drinking gambeling and just learning faces to companies if that is posible.

i can't wait to meet most of you and to see your displayes at this show and a few others i will be attending this year.

i hope that you have time to talk when i stop buy
    The Care Taker
    John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

New ideas

I agree with Ben. Show me something I didn't know I needed. If I already needed it, I would already have it (within reason - we're not all flush with cash).

I also like his idea of something large that is kind of a stand-alone feature that will really impress everyone.

I also need some snake stuff. The direction I have been taking is with "real" scares, as opposed to unexplainable creatures. As a matter of fact, watching the Indianna Jones trilogy again for the first time in a long time is on my to-do list. Realistic bugs/rodents/etc. would also be good.

Comment

I'm always on the lookout for fat zombie props. Don't know why but fat zombies just freak me out. A little child zombie would also be very cool. Most of my close friends are freaked out more by movies with spooky little kids running around.

We also can't wait to look at the scream cube. I've been wondering why no one had come up with something like this years ago. I hope it's so loud it makes people piss themselves.
        Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Bigger is not always Better

I have to agree with Larry on this one. Over the past few years we have amassed quite a large inventory of props and animatronics. Last season we spent alot of time and effort on the arrival of our Largest and Most Expensive purchase (The Pumpkin King), we dealt with TOOO MANY ISSUES FROM THE MAKER. When everthing was finished, we had the SAME REACTION from a simple Don Post Spider dropping into the wagon (simple rope and pulley mounted on branch of tree controlled by actor) as we did from some of our much more expensive props. We are taking a look back trough the years to see what our popular scenes and scares were before we had the Big Stuff. I believe that costumes, masks and make-up are definitly an area that alot of haunts (myself included) need to improve on.

Dan Augusto

Comment

I would have to say that one thing i would be looking for if the slot machines have not soaked me dry is a visual effect like a projection item.
            i am disapointed Marylyn for ACC wont be there from what i have heard i wnated to pick up a big load from her so i will have to order that if they have a great Transworld deal again as in the past.

i always like to get new masks as well or costumes. it is hard for me to visualize if i cant see it.

other than that i am looking for lighting effets and or control.
            The Care Taker
            John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Not really a prop, but an alternative to the Gilderfluke SD25, something that works failproof in any environment and reasonably priced. We like the SD25 but for some applications it's overkill. A unit that's plug and play out of the box, amplified, great sound quality, that just works.

I like Ben's idea on the chainsaw, not sure of the company that makes the electric/sound one, a fantastic idea, but just not quite realistic enough as far as the sound.

I'll think of others.

Chris
              Chris Stafford
              1331 Entertainment Group
              Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
              13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
              13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Larry,
                You might be right. Rozzy might have been one of THOSE guys. That is
                annoying to know.
                I remember that on the boards of years ago, but I still like the quality of his work.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com
                www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

My wishlist:

1. Foam latex prosthetic sock masks.

2. High-end costumes.

3. A really good chainsaw alternative.
                  Kevin
                  MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Wish list

Hi Larry from Abracadaver here,I have not shown at T.W.for a few years but have attended as a buyer.I have found there to be a need for high end masks and costumes.So I started work on the Victorian Zombie costume which did well last year, And have sence developed a flex foam half mask for it this year.
                    Along with few a other designs with jaw movement. I think Kevin G. picked a few up and was happy with them.
                    The new masks will have a nice costume to go along with it. Also I have gone back to my roots as an make-up effects artist and made a full body monster suit, over 7 foot. Highly detailed sculpture.
                    Hey Larry K. I would love to do the suit in silicone but it would cost over $7,000
                    and weigh 2 to 3 hundred pounds. Not even in the movies do they use silicone
                    for full bodies. But I'm useing a very light but durable material that is used in films.unlike Latex that falls apart or tears. Anyway Abracadaver Productions
                    Is coming back to T.W.

Larry Carr
                    www.Abracadaver.com
                    Larry@abracadaver.com
                    (new email address)

Comment

Wow so many to respond to...

First to Kevin, Ya and I hate to say this since Rozzy died a few years back, but yeah he was one of the guys who ripped off a bunch of people. I was being emailed endlessly with people who had a beef with him. I think Rozzy's work was exceptional, the best we've ever seen. He might have been overwhelmed I don't know. He was from the Terror on Church Street group. But I do agree his work was awesome. For this reason I think someone needs to step up and start offering costumes.

I have been saying this over and over and over and over and over again... I'm glad Tony is stepping up. But let me tell you I'm in the market for a lot of costumes.

Remember our industry has atleast ONE thing in common...we all have actors and most of us with the exception of a few like Netherworld have terrible costumes.

Larry, I didn't mean a silicon body suit, I meant just more silicon props, and masks not a whole body suit. But maybe a full body suit with a silicon mask and the rest in latex.

That would be nice!!!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

MindWerxKMG's:
                        chainsaw alternative.

www.spookyprops.com

That may help.

For my own wish list:

Year 1: a crew. (fingers crossed), Castle Blood costumes and a Gore Galore forest troll.
                        Year 2: 2 hayride wagons. (Tony, can you write up an article on yer wagons in the magzine? Please? And a Scarefactory horse and rider. maybe outcontract in trade for some new designs with a local company. (long story, but watch this space). And learn how to grow a cornfield.
                        Year 3: Zang the Destroyer (hope you keep making those, Kevin!). Alien haunted house needing a Zang to come out from the alien thing (not a spaceship but a helluva archetectural insanity). That would definitely bring out the yellow snow fer sure!
                        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Okay I've got more...

Let me say this and I"m not bragging okay... but I can do pretty much ANYTHING. If I want a photo system we could set one up, if we wanted a big prop or animation I could make one, heck we have a 30,000 hard coating gun, we have foam carving machines that cost $40,000.00. If we wanted a big fiberglass facade we could make one no problem. We have these things for our production company, and we seldom use them because most of the time its easier to farm this stuff out. Heck I don't even know why we bought it. LOL

I've learned over the years however that it is much easier to BUY something from someone who is making one already. Making for yourself doesn't mean you can do it better, or cheaper for that matter. The fact is you need to keep your eye on the prize and the prize is the overall production.

A director or producer of a movie are overseeing everything, they're not making latex zombie animations. I focus on doing the parts that I can't buy and buy the rest, it frees me up to focus more on sponsorship, or marketing, or detailing my haunt or whatever else.

I will ALWAYS look to BUY from a vendor FIRST before even thinking of making something I want or need first. I know almost ALL of you can do for yourself but like us you'd rather save the effort and just buy it instead.

Now with that being said, we're lazy around here (LOL) we need some stuff to buy at the show...

I threw out some idea's and now I'm going to throw out some more.

How about this for an idea...

Lets see some more IAAPA at Transworld. How about the people who make photo systems made easy and cheap for the haunt industry??? That will make you money and add some Disney to your place.

How about TRANSWORLD getting off their duff and contacting some of the IAAPA vendors who CAN SELL TO Haunts... They need our help in identifing these vendors. For example at IAAPA there was a company that sold HIGH POWERED vacume cleaners, industrial kind. You could clean up your streets, suck up cans, you name it in a flick of the wrist. I think haunts would want that.

We need to OPEN THINGS UP!!!!!!!!!!

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX HERE... Haunts will buy more than zombies, lets see some products that we can use to help our business, help us make money.

How about a program to help track inventory, or a online ticketing program that we can use on our websites, how about just some awesome computer programs that help our business.

Does anyone see what I'm saying???????

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Here is another one...

How about someone selling equipment that can help us do LIVE webcams from our haunt to our website, with SOUND!

Now wouldn't that be awesome???

I have a MILLION MORE idea's and those who know me know I have a million more... I'm holding back I'm telling you.

I'm hoping someone can step up, know someone, tell them anything.

Lets go! Time to take this puppy to the NEXT F*CKING LEVEL! LOL

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

I would like to see a bunch of smaller table-top sized props. Whenever I go to transworld it seems like I mostly see large expensive animations. I mean there are some companies with small latex props like frightprops but I would like to see more. I would also like to see more masks and more fake foliage. Maybe even spooky trees and stuff.
                              Jared Layman

Comment

Maybe this was already mentioned, I'm not sure. I'd like to see an affordable kiosk type product that allows people waiting in line, or perhaps in a V.I.P. Lounge, to trigger an air cannon or other scares inside the attraction. Maybe this already exixts???

Kel
                                Chris Riehl
                                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                                (586)209-6935
                                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                                X