Finding a Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a Location

This will be my first year having a pro-haunt and I'm looking to find a location. A few days ago I contacted someone in charge of leasing at a local mall via e-mail, I asked her if she thought it would be a possibility to lease there in the future. She responded with one sentance saying "we're not interested in this type of use of our mall." I know it is probably way too early to contact people about leasing, but I don't want to start building walls and props, spend money, and then not be able to find a location to opperate. Any advice would be great.

Jordan
    Jordan Renda
    www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Jordan

It's great that you are getting out early but it may be a little too early for mall type locations. They are going crazy right now with the Christmas madness.
    Keep trying other locations, it may take awhile so have a long list of properties that could host a haunt and contact them all and see what happens. I pursued 64 properties before finding the right one for us. We looked at a lot more than that. So do you homework now, it may save you some time in the long run.

Good luck!!

Wayne
    www.trailofterror.com

Comment

i say keep trying and remember there is always an owner on the other end of an agent well ok most of thime sometmes its an investment group pr other none person but keep trying and sale your self. beleave in yourself. and dont get discuraged with the answer NO just take it as this is not the place for me there must be somethign better.

i would say build the walls though depending on what type haunt you are going to have. oh and if you have the storage space available to use. why not
      The Care Taker
      John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Isn't the haunt business something? Usually people build the basement before they build walls.
        Does anybody ever build walls with long, gradual curves in them?

Intentionally?

I think this would be alot of fun!

The curved things I have made took more time and materials but alot of the customers seem to appreciate them alittle more.
        We guys all know how much more intersting a few curves can make things.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

i have heard of a few individuals who actualy tried out thems and walk through in a home haunt befor ethey went to use it in a biger setting.
          i have alsoo heard of one guy that build his whole haunt room by room and then found the property to go with it.
          big chance to me as could have alot of wasted mat4erial and all as the place for rent which you land may not be and prob wont be the same as the plan you have in you head. but you could build small rooms adn then add the coridors to them and such. i will wait untill i have the building my self and keep on drwing ideas out
          The Care Taker
          John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Keep looking dude. My haunt partner and I are currently looking for a different location for next year. We want to get an early start so we can have a killer haunt for 08. Try looking around on the internet for commercial real estate. Try this site http://www.loopnet.com I found some properties on here that would be great for a haunt. Just remember, make sure you are near a major road so everybody can find you and make sure you have plenty of parking spaces for your customers. Hope everything works out
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Don't forget about sprinklers
              Greg Salyers
              Fear Entertainment

Comment

Contact your city and get the owners contact information directly. I got jerked around everytime I tried to talk to whoever was representing the owner. Also, I have seen haunts at malls so some malls will let you do this.
                Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                X