No announcement yet.

City Opens Haunt Loses Money...Read On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim: apologies, I thought you took out a bank loan.

Greg: I am familiar with the past and that wasnt the reason for Leonard's quote. I brought up the quote because I believe it still to be good advice.

In terms of mine, there is STILL very much a loss to account for for the first year of opening. The major moneys that have to be spent involve personnel, business accounting, permits, insurance, advertising. Those are very much a part of the business as the physical assets. It is factoring in of those costs to help provide a clear financial picture.

I had gotta lucky, am now in ownership of 2.5 haunts as assets. I will not divulge the budget spent, but it was approximately or under 2,000 dollars to obtain and transport the assets.

It will be used a movie production as well to raise awareness, get deals and help prepare moneys for an opening as a professional haunt.

Let me show you some pictures so far of it all.
    http://www.nightmarepark.com/public/...%20good%21.JPG

http://www.nightmarepark.com/public/...ar%20Walls.JPG

http://www.nightmarepark.com/public/...dd%20walls.JPG

http://www.nightmarepark.com/public/...mp%20Trail.JPG

http://www.nightmarepark.com/public/...Undercover.jpg

someone once made an incorrect statement that I do not own a professional haunt. That is incorrect as all 3 haunts I purchased were pro haunts, and if I decided to sell it all, the money would go into my own pocket, not to any partnership or shell corporation. This implies and shows full ownership.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Wheel Barrows of cell phones?

Then Jim, your retirement is all set! Wheel barrowing cell phones through a few underdeveloped nations! Like the Johnny Appleseed of text messaging! Did you need a garbage bag to go with that?
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Conrats Ron! That is a great achievement and I would still suggest it is not the norm but it is possible.

Comment

Tony

All you have to do is talk like Leonard and say:

"don't put a second mortagage on your home to open a haunt" says Nightmare Tony of Nightmare Park, an outdoor storage facility for old haunted attractions.

"Perhaps this statement is so obvious and could be stated many many ways like with any business you should have it all perpaid and not use credit unless you are doing a take over of an existing event with a known customer base." says Greg Chrise of Vampire Safari

Perhaps what has set me off is people taking information that is obvious and advised everywhere reguarding any sort of business transaction and claiming it to be your own hip information that only applies to this industry and then quote yourself to make it really important.

If you quote yourself too much you will grow hair on your hands or something.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Yeah I think a lot of my 1st year was luck, but I still tried to be logical about everything and becauses of my situation, I was not able to do the things that most haunters do. I also, in hind sight, kind of laugh over that year and what my haunt looked like, but we still had many favorable comments and it got my foot wet and I have also improved every year, learning from previous mistakes.
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Dirk, A little advice: Silicon spray or WD-40 that zipper and next time you will be quicker on-the-draw and avoid getting a wet foot.
              Of course if the problem is with the size of your shadow...turn off those lights!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X