MHC Call For Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHC Call For Speakers

It is, once again, the time of the year for the Midwest Haunters Convention to start putting together our seminar lineup. We are looking for unique topics, with broad appeal to haunters, in the areas of makeup, business, acting, props, costuming, and design. We are particularly interested in new classes that haven't been offered before.

This will be the second year for the Midwest Fantasy Show which is held
    concurrently with MHC. This convention is designed to appeal to professional makeup artists, face painters, airbrush and henna artists, clowns, balloon twisters, caricature artists, magicians and more. Seminar topics with crossover appeal will be given special consideration.

We will once again be offering our speakers $100 per class to offset some of your travel expenses. If you are interested in speaking at MHC and/or have an idea for a class please email me or call 614-361-1466.

MWHC is our FAVORITE event to do demos and seminars................ For the 2008 we will be doing the infamous beheading of john, register early because I can only do this demo once, unless of course I can get up a few more willining victims errrr I mean volunteers............................. see everyone in columbus!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

MHC is always a fun event. Great seminars and classes and now with the Fantasy show going on again with it, we get to see some top, high end Body Airbrushing.

MHC will be a blast in 08. We have our booth already, and we are once again the official media sponsor of the event.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BEHEADING, THAT WILL BE A GREAT CLASS AND DEMO!!! hahahaha.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

I will make a note to pick up extra plastic for the floors... LOL

Comment

Barry,

I have crew members that talk about coming up there to your event every year... my partner Jim loves the fact that your seminars focus a lot on acting. We might send some people up this year. Its just a busy time for everyone around here.

What haunts will be be touring this time around... are you going to venture further out and take on Cleveland or something?

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry,

Yes, we try to have a lot of classes on makeup and acting to make it appealing to everyone in the industry, not just owners. Strange thing is that this year most of the class ideas and speakers I am getting are leaning towards the business end. LOL Oh well, I just started putting the schedule together and it will fill out as it always does.

As for haunts, we are in talks with some haunts in the Cincinnati area for the Thursday bus tour. I would like to do Akron/Cleveland and Pittsburgh in the next few years as well.

Comment

Working...
            X