pictures of my home haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathcharger
    I know this may sound sick but i once walked into a hourse stable and saw a woman with her mouth open and... well how can i say this???? she was making the horse stiff and more man like. what was most scaring was the dual fisted up and down motion over and over again, and cum to think of it maybe thats why i slaughtered the pony's the way i did"stab after stab, slash after slash they all fell"
    Again, I am forced to ask why this guy is not already banned. From insulting someone else's work (something that is RARELY or never done) to posting blatantly (and bizarely) sexual inuendo's, and now all the way to accusing someone of being mentally retarded, I think that he has gone way too far and I am AMAZED that he is not banned already.

Death, You are correct that, among other things, this is a website for professional and serious haunters. But what in the hell makes you think that professional haunters would tolerate this sort of nonsense? Besides, THIS is not the "professional" forum, this is general haunting, so once again you are wrong.

Smacky
    "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by bcragirl
      i don't have any idea what my learning disablity is called though. i spent many many hours on my haunted stable. i work hard in school and i work hard at my riding (horses).

bcaragirl
      You have no need to defend either yourself OR your work. You, at least, had the guts to post it, and you have every reason to be happy with what you have accomplished. You are off to a fantastic start as a haunter, and you are definately in the right place. Haunting is a business for some here, but it is also something we love -- and we have better because it damn sure doesn't pay. Halloween is about fun, and it is always refreshing to see people who still see it for the magical time it is.

And it is magic.
      "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

bcragirl,

It should be obvious to you by now that we all love you and we are proud of the way you have stood up to the one idiot that there iz in every group.

I agree with the guy that said that the idiot should be banned if he continues hiz rants. That whole thing about the woman abusing horses iz totally crude & uncalled for here.

FYI that guy also sent me a PM saying that those posts were not his. Someone had hacked hiz account & wrote that stuff but it wasn't him. He said he changed his password & it wouldn't happen anymore. Then a few hours later he posted more of his spew.
        What a liar!
        Well, here I go on a rant myself. Sorry all! This post was meant for bcragirl and not for me to blow off steam at some clueless idiot.

So bcragirl... You're GREAT and keep on keepin on!

Comment

BCRAgirl, the photos of your haunt brought a smile to my face. It brought back memories of the haunts my friends & I would do in our basements when we were little. I think it's probably the most original idea for a haunt that I've seen in a long time! You're on your way! Don't let anyone's criticism discourage you. You've got something special that you've put your heart into, and that makes it worth it!
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

i also have another old english saddle that is on loan from a local tack shop. i don't have a picture of it though. it looks really spooky. i want my home haunts to be unquie and diffrent. i listen to rotting flesh radio to keep up with the indusrty and i look up the the BNH (big name haunts). My haunt can't go proffecnal b/c it would be way too much $$ and I don't know how to make all the cool fancy stuff you guys make.

bcragirl
            ammy haunter

Proud manger of The Black Cat Riding Academy Haunted House 2006

Comment

Practice makes perfect, bcra girl. No one is born with this kind of knowledge. I think you did a wonderful job using what you had available to you for little or no money. I'm sure EVERYONE will agree that you're on the right path in that aspect. It's amazing what you can create out of nothing.
              To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

You are on the right path, I'm glad you are interested in this industry. But, I don't think people on this forum will respect you that much if your pictures look like that. Maybe make some tombstones out of cardboard and put them around, or some fake lifesized cardboard fencing for the horse's stables? Better lighting, and some sound fx will also make it spooky. I know little kids come through the haunt, when I did mine, I had a bunch of little kids. But I think you can spice it up a bit more than that. Also, you said that was a gift shop? Is this open just on halloween for trick or treaters? If so, I don't think they'll be bringing money with them to buy stuff.
                Slash
                "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Although I never saw this myself, I believe the man who told me about a vey physically small haunted business/display that was very popular, there was an admission charge, it was a few glass display cases full of meticulously crafted dioramas of scenes from horror movies, complete in every detail of figures, furniture, and everything.
                  Go with what you have "got", ideas, money, pieces, parts, tools and you can't go too far wrong in the end.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
                    Go with what you have "got", ideas, money, pieces, parts, tools and you can't go too far wrong in the end.
                    Spoken from the true Master of Horror!

Comment

For the Record - DeathCharger is in no way associated with Screamline Studios.

We do know him, but he is not speaking for our company.

I'm not sure why he used our name - Please accept our apologies on his behalf.

We will have a word with him.

I don't know why some people have to associate them self with people and then start to give them bad names. If it make this person Deathchager feel good about him self, than he should take a good look at his life to see the harm he is doing to everyone.

Comment

I have seen videos where the RBH (Really Big Haunts) work out their ideas in miniature, get a review from people about this and that. Better to work out ideas before spending the big bucks already knowing what it could look like. Even Engineers to a degree build models to test a design and it is a skill to be patient enough to construct these model. Some Engineers are not as mathematical as they should be and rely on models wether to scale or in a finite analysis computer program.

Artists do things called studies to select shapes, colors and patterns they wish to use in a finished piece and great amounts of time invested show in the end piece of art. Lots of time a good art journal looks like the diary of a 12 year old.

Having a haunt is both art and engineering mixed with doing and experience from doing and selecting. To visualize the first hayride ideas I actually bought a farm toy set with a tractor and animals for ages 3 and up. To figure out how walls would go together and carry weight, I cut out little pieces of illustration board to see it for myself.

The day I set up my first wall system and decorated it I was impressed with myself how well prepared I was. I just never took any pictures of this process.
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

this is the finshed haunt, i can't really spend any more time on it due to school and horse stuff. i tried my best with what i had.

bcragirl
                          ammy haunter

Proud manger of The Black Cat Riding Academy Haunted House 2006

Comment

Girl,

I thought it was great, as for dya-ramas (sp?) I saw one in 1982 a man had recreated the Ringling Bros. B&B Circus from his childhood all in miniature. People lined up for miles to see it. You keep it up, add new ideas every year, and you'll succeed.

Maybe you can build your own walk-thru some day, if that's what you want. I welcome you posts anytime.

Tim Harkleroad
                            Owner/Operator of Krone House
                            www.kronehouse.net
                            www.mySpace.com/kronehouse
                            Hauntus Emeritus
                            Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                            Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

"Diorama?" "Diarhea?"
                              A diorama of diarhea?
                              The internal workings of a metropolatin sewer plant?
                              There's a "Haunt!"
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
                                The internal workings of a metropolatin sewer plant?
                                There's a "Haunt!"
                                Hmmmmmm let me ponder that one...................

How did you know my job Jim?

would make a good one but the smell alone would run off the big spenders
                                http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
                                Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
                                When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
                                If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Working...
                                X