Hauntworld Reviews ...READ IF YOU OWN A HAUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Reviews ...READ IF YOU OWN A HAUNT

I got this email and several more just like it all through out this month. If you have an account on our system LOG IN TODAY and read your reviews. The reviews do NOT appear unless you APPROVE THEM! You might have 50 reviews but didn't take the take to log in and approve some.
    I think you're missing the boat if you don't read and approve reviews. It won't take but a few minutes to read the reviews and approve some. This is just a reminder.
    So far Hauntworld/HauntedHouseOnline has done about 1.5 million visits in October alone. We added a counter to the front page so you could see for yourself...right now it shows like 1.3 million but we didn't add the counter until October the 5th. In September Hauntworld attracted about 500,000 visits.
    We're expecting to attraction about 2 million total in October and an additional 500k in September and about 400,000 in November. For some reason November is a big month as well. I'm getting people emailing me complaining about other peoples haunts, asking me for directions to other peoples haunts, its just BIZZARE!!!! Hauntworld has basically DOUBLED traffic from '06 and I'm already looking to buy another server for '08 as I'm expecting the traffic to doublt yet again.
    Hey folks this is how its going to be in the future... people are using sites like these to find haunts now because its easy to find them all in one spot. The more work you put into your listing the more business you will get from them. Log in today and check your reviews.
    READ BELOW A COMMON EMAIL FROM GUESTS... the reason she can not FIND a review is because the haunts she's looking at have NOT approved any!!!! HINT HINT !!!

Hello!
    I love the Hauntedhouseonline site, but am having trouble finding where to go to read the reviews. I’d like to see what others had to say – it helps pick which ones are worth the money. Am I just blind or is it tricky to get to the reviews left by others?
    Thanks!
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I just tried to log in, and I couldn't get it. I tried using both e-mail addresses I have to recover my info., and it didn't work.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

My log on info didn't work either, and I had a log in to set up my account when it first started
      ~HauntedWebby~
      www.lazarusmaze.com
      www.bbqandghosts.com
      "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

I am having the same problem. Used my login and password and I get the following message: " Please enter correct username and password.
        Your password will contain uppercase and lowercase characters.
        Your password must be typed in exactly as shown.
        If you have lost your password please click Here.

If you continue to have problems please contact the site administrator to resolve the issue."

Any ideas as to what to do, Larry?

EDIT: I even tried to recover the password, thinking maybe I'd written down the wrong one. I then got this message: "It does not seem that you have an account here.

Are you sure that you entered the correct email and contact name?

Click here to sign up"

But I know that I used the correct e-mail address. Maybe something is up with the system?
        Last edited by SpFXChic; 10-28-2007, 03:17 PM. Reason: further issue
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Alright, I figured it out...you have to login with your e-mail address and password, not just your user name.

You'd think I'd never logged in before. Duh.
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            Hey folks this is how its going to be in the future... people are using sites like these to find haunts now because its easy to find them all in one spot. The more work you put into your listing the more business you will get from them. Log in today and check your reviews. ]
            Before this season, I doubted this advice. But, Larry is absolutely correct! We took hundreds of surveys and asked everyone "How did you hear about us?" Approximately 70% said, "I found you on the internet." Every answer confirmed to me that the internet is the way we will do the bulk of our advertising.

Comment

I was asking for a show of hands in my first room if there were any first time visitors in the group?
              80% were!!??
              Hauntedillinios .com and my own web site were the tools that accomplished this as far as I know? And they didn't cost me $1,000's of dollars either.
              I used to spend alot of money(for me) on the old "Bottom of the Bird Cage " ads, which were sometimes incorrect and otherwise screwed-up with no real recourse since the season is so short. Afterall a weekend could be much busier if some poor guy 80 miles away wasn't getting half of my phone calls...he got Real peturbed and rude answering "My Calls"..not good Public Relations.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                I was asking for a show of hands in my first room if there were any first time visitors in the group?
                80% were!!??
                Hauntedillinios .com and my own web site were the tools that accomplished this as far as I know? And they didn't cost me $1,000's of dollars either.
                I used to spend alot of money(for me) on the old "Bottom of the Bird Cage " ads, which were sometimes incorrect and otherwise screwed-up with no real recourse since the season is so short.
                Jim, I went that route this year and cringed that I spent hundreds of dollars and only one person claimed they saw the ads. (A lady said she was getting her daughter off the bus and a piece of paper blown by the wind passed by. It had our logo mouth that Pumpkinhead created for us on it and caught her attention. She came with her two kids in tow.) The paper readers are going to what is called "The Weekend Ticket." In there is all happenings going on in town and surrounding areas. When people answered, "We saw you in the paper" the response to "Our ad?" was, "No. The Weekend Ticket." It's free to advertise in the Weekend Ticket....DAMN! Oh, well. You live and you learn.

Comment

Working...
                X