Rock music for haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock music for haunts

hey wondering if enybody knows of some good rock music to play in haunts that isnt screamo, i need some heavy guitar and druums but no screaming,
    just let me know if you ahve any suggestions, or let me know what music other people use
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Well it is a good idea, this will be my 3rd year using rock music, this is my list for this year
    Disturbed, Down with the sickness
    Disturbed, stupify
    3 days grace, pain
    drowning pool, let the bodies hit the floor
    metallica, enter sandman
    metallica, for whom the bells toll
    tool, sober
    tool, shcism

None of these are screamo bands, no screaming at all, just heavy guitar, and drums like you requested and have to do with haunted stuff. Enjoy

Austin
    if you wanna listen to them just look them up on youtube.
    Skidduhlicious

Comment

cool thanks,

keep the ideas comming lol
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

no problem man, if i find anymore good songs, ill letcha know

Austin
        Skidduhlicious

Comment

Let's see.......ah:

"Debonaire" by Dope
          "Die MF Die" by Dope
          "Paranoia" by Dope

Comment

Muzak

Godsmack , I stand alone , K o r n , Mushrum Head

Comment

White Zombie / Rob Zombie music is always good, and creepy too
              www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Whatever songs you do pick to be in your haunt, don't play the same one again and again. Or else it'll drive you INSANE!!!

Last year we had Rob Zombie on the speakers.....every night.....every....single....minute.

Comment

I would also recommend this link prior to playing any of the musicians listed:

http://www.bmi.com/licensing

Comment

Tool - Die Eier Von Satan is a really good track to hack apart. It has a really good heavy industrial feel to it.

We do a good bit of Midnight Syndicate.
                    -Brandon Kelm
                    Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Music

Play Midnight Syndicate or Nox Arcana all the time on low to med. volume and then certain scenes with a blast of whatever fits and the customers will be in constant fear. This has worked great for my experiences

Comment

Heavy metal has never scared me at a huanted house. Now creepy music is much better for mood setting.

A lot of times when they play heavy metal you will see people in teh crowd enjoying the music since they like metal, then other who dislike metal trying to plug their ears from "the noise"

IMHO I feel creepy music is better then heavy metal for line music to keep the people on edge.
                        It can be used inside the haunt where metal makes sense for the scene though.
                        www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

I agree with OgeXam.

Unless you have a very high-paced, high-scare industrial themed area, even then my personal opinion is that it shouldn't be easily recognized and there shouldn't be any lyrics. We have used portions of the Tool track that I mentioned earlier with good success.

Though, as of the moment we have Drowning Pool - Bodies playing in the maze. I don't particularly love it, but it's not my call. It does fit a little bit though, between the actors, chainsaws, etc.

My biggest beef with playing recognizable music, metal or not is that the patron tends to start singing the song in their head and it pulls them out of the "you're in a haunted house" mindset.
                          -Brandon Kelm
                          Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

yeah believe t or not i have i have an industrial maze with like chain link doors that open and close to confuse people and electric chairs, we also have a room that lights go on and then once their in the door closes and the lights go off its pretty cool

so yeah im really looking for the music their and i think thats exactly what i need, if people can identify the music it takes away from the experience. so no heavy metal with no lyrics really hits the nail on the head

Comment

My 2 cents...

While I am of the opinion that rock music works in haunts only in specific situations (such as rooms or areas where the theme fits) and that more traditional horror music is better suited to your avergae haunt. That said, some types of "popular" music actually work extremely well in the right spots. In a haunt I worked on some time ago we used Glen Miller's Sunrise Serenade (along with various screams and such) to set a really disturbing tone in a Ed Gein-type serial killer's house. This kind of juxtaposition can create a really chilling effect if pulled off right, but since rock music is the subject of this thread I will stick to that.
                              A band that I have always been intrigued by (in terms of using their music in a haunt) is the great experimental metal band Fantomas. Their album Director's Cut offers weird metal-ish covers of many horror/noir film themes that run the gammit from "totally fucking creepy" (Rosemary's Baby) to fun and spooky (Spider Baby). Another album by Fantomas, Delirium Cordia, is one 70 minute piece of music that is set in a utterly horrific hospital and features blasts of drums and anvil-heavy guitar riffing among a lot of extremely creepy atmospheric effects and ambient creepiness. It really has to be heard to be understood, but one could theoretically use ONLY this record as a haunt soundtrack (particularly one with a hospital or asylum theme) and end up with a great overall effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X