Advise on webbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on webbers

I know there are many companies out there for web guns, but who do you suggest. I have a Minnion webber but have not been happy with it. Do any of you have any experience with a Minion Webber? Any suggestions?
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Which one do you have?
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Minions Web CCL - Works awesome! It just takes some practice to learn how to use it effectively. The cheap ones sold by other companies just suck for use in a haunt. They cool down too quickly and are better used for webbing small areas. With the CCL, I can web down my emtrie haunt in a bout and hour or two. Make sure the have a damp rag handy to keep the nozzle clean of excess melted glue.
      Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 08-01-2007, 03:30 PM.
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I own the m1 which I believe is the least expensive version. I bought it in 05, never really had much luck with it, did not use it at all last year and took it out yesterday so I could see if it worked....

Comment

Originally posted by MindWerxKMG View Post
          Minions Web CCL - Works awesome! It just takes some practice to learn how to use it effectively. The cheap ones sold by othjer companies just suck for use in a haunt. They cool down too quickly and are better used for webbing small areas. With the CCL, I can web down my emtrie haunt in a bout and hour or two. Make sure the have a damp rag handy to keep the nozzle clean of excess melted glue.
          Have you tried the one that I sell?
          Thanks, Jeff
          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
          www.HauntForum.com

Comment

Any gun under $100 will not preform well in haunted attraction conditions. I used the Minions web MW-C which is the $100 webber last year and did 70 rooms in a couple of hours. I have tried to use the MW-1 that I have and never had luck. It's just under powered for everything more than a few tombstones. The cheaper the gun, the bigger the learning curve and the more you will become frustrated. I will be getting a CCL or a D before halloween.
            Brian Warner
            Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
            Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
            Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I have to agree with Gadget!
              Kevin
              MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Yeah, the M1 is like $60.00. Bought it when I was just starting out. I think I will have to upgrade. Anyone havea contact # for Minion?

Comment

What do you think of the "Webcaster" gun if I only am doing spiderwebs in one room?
                  Ben
                  Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

I haven't had any complaints on any that I have sold.
                    http://www.thefrighteners.com/WebcasterMovie.htm
                    Thanks, Jeff
                    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                    www.HauntForum.com

Comment

Originally posted by xxxdirk View Post
                      Yeah, the M1 is like $60.00. Bought it when I was just starting out. I think I will have to upgrade. Anyone havea contact # for Minion?
                      I missed your post. Incase you haven't gotten it yet it's 216 321 1199 or the best way is just to email csminion@minionsweb.com
                      Brian Warner

Comment

Howdy,

I was just curious as to whether anybody out here has tried one of the rubber cement web/fan/drill guns.

They look fairly efficient. What's the difference in quality between the rubber cement and the glue stick webs?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

The major disadvantage to the rubber cement spinners is that rubber cement is flammable, while the good glue sticks, like those from minions web are non-flammable.
                          Brian Warner

Comment

Thanks for the info. It hadn't occurred to me that the rubber cement webs would be flammable. Of course how flammable are we talking here? Does it take an actual open flame to get 'em going or will inadvertent contact with a lit cigarette set the webs ablaze?

Has anybody tried Frighteners $49 webber?

Comment

I believe they are only flammable until they dry.
                              Definitely, hot glue webbing is more durable.
                              Here's a small video of one being used:
                              http://thefrighteners.com/WebcasterMovie.htm
                              Thanks, Jeff
                              www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                              www.HauntForum.com

Comment

Working...
                              X