Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America is Haunted Update

Here is the update:
    I was in touch with Groupon several times both locally and nationally. At first they stated that they stand behind their businesses. Further contact and then I received an apology letter that included: "We did look into this further and upon doing so, we found it would be most appropriate to discontinue the deals we had running with America Is Haunted."

Groupon pulled the deal nationwide.

Amazon also pulled the deal.

The Facebook page was pulled.

Their website is no longer active!!

The Groupon supervisor did state that there were multiple complaints lodged across the country!!

Thanks to everyone that helped. Big thanks to my daughter who followed through for me even getting the TV interview!
    http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news...279866222.html

Also thanks to her Haunt Blog contact Oni Hartstein. http://www.onezumiverse.com/ Awesome job everyone!!

Guess we nipped that scam in the bud!!! Other scammers take note, you don't mess with the Haunt Industry!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Great Job! Well Done!

Stew

Comment

I also riled up about 25 people to complain to their groupon reps in their area's, and I called them myself. The reality is its all for nothing unless this guy goes to jail and it should be an FBI deal because its a scam across state lines. If this guy doesn't go to jail then someone else will attempt a deal like this in the future.

The report I really want to hear is that he's in jail! Rich your daughter went after this dude with a purpose... remind me to stay out of her way in the future! LOL Great job!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Around here we called and alerted them to these frauds first, then once they eventually removed them they had the audacity to take credit by saying groupon was vigilant and noticed it first. Saving face 101 I guess, because they looked real stupid letting this slip by.

Allan

Comment

Groupon was vigilant. ?.. That's why I received the resonse that said thanks but we stand behind the businesses we work with?I had to sit on hold for 47 minutes to get through to someone in the first place. Yeah...SOMEONE was vigilant.!

My daughter also filed a complaint with the FBI Internet Fraud Division. If people that actually bought tickets also filed with the FBI something might happen. Groupon, which had the most to loose, is in the best position to file. But since we did get not only the deal shut down, but the website & Facebook, they will probably just call it a win and move on!
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
          X