Clear All

• Darksidestew
    replied
    you go evernight...

stew

Leave a comment:

• Evernight
    replied
    There we go again...."We need LAWS" does no one get the fact that criminals do not follow the laws????? You can say you want tougher gun laws, tougher punishments, etc. Do you really think some deranged lunatic that plans on shooting a bunch of people cares about your laws??? Do you think he cares about the punishment when his plan is to kill himself afterwards????

How are MORE laws going to fix that?????? Explain to me how your going to get a criminal to agree to these new laws you want.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Lets not forget that the constitution and the right to bear arms was written at a time when Americans were worried about the Red Coats breaking down their door, it was war with the British and a gun was necessary. Also back them people still shot their own food for survival. Nowadays we have a place to get food, it's called a grocery store. This idiot had mental problems but he still managed to get guns, we need tighter laws for sure to endure this doesn't happen again.

DA
    Last edited by Darkangel; 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Goff
    replied
    Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
    Seeing as corporate tyranny already controls the nation I think you've missed that bus awhile ago.

If you need a magazine fed weapon to defend yourself perhaps you need better aim or logic would say you probably should've left the situation.
    you don't know me well enough to critique my aim or my logic. The point of the second ammendmet was to ensure that The People and those who might oppress them would be on equal footing. This means military grade hardware. Right now we are not on equal footing, and I don't want to see it get worse. I swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. The least I can do is defend the Constitution on this forum. If the US ever does find itself in total tyrranny your "huntin gun" will not suffice against multiple, well armed, well trained intruders, I doubt that your skills will either, considering your attitude.

Leave a comment:

• HauntedPaws
    replied
    Seeing as corporate tyranny already controls the nation I think you've missed that bus awhile ago.

If you need a magazine fed weapon to defend yourself perhaps you need better aim or logic would say you probably should've left the situation.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Goff
    replied
    Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
    There is no reason anyone needs assault weapons. My thinking is he killed the mother's class out of jealously for her affection and they were all 5 YEARS OLD !!!! My wife is 1st grade teacher in CT and I was scared shitless until I read Newtown.
    Assault weapon is a political buzz word that the “firearms experts” in Congress have repeatedly failed to define. The technical definition of assault weapon is a select fire, semi-auto, that accepts a detachable magazine. These types of weapons are titled as Class 3 weapons that only the very wealthy can afford, and even then in only a select few states, and then only after they have passed an extensive back ground check and have registered the weapon with the BATF and have paid a $200 tax. No one within the firearms community uses the word assault weapon, unless they are talking about a Sturmgwehr, but that is another topic for another time.
    When the first gun control act was being argued in the Supreme Court, even they recognized that the 2nd amendment was written as a final check and balance on government and the last resort to resist tyranny. For this reason, they would not allow any weapons that were readily used by a regular infantry man within the US armed forces to be banned from private ownership. On a side note, the list of guns that were titled as class 2 firearms was incorrect due to the blunderbuss which was a short barreled shotgun, but let’s keep this simple.
    Magazine fed, semi-auto rifles or assault weapons as you like to call them are needed to keep tyrants from taking our other 9 amendments that are in the bill of rights. In my humble opinion, any able bodied man who does not own an appropriate firearm to defend his family, and his country, and does not have the wherewithal to stand up when the time comes, does not deserve the freedom that our forefathers have entrusted us with.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Goff
    replied
    Zombie Toxin is a fantastic example of a law abiding gun owner. Society is safer, more civilized, and possibly more polite when he is out in public. In my experience CCW holders are the best, brightest, and most responsible that our society has to offer. CCW holders are typically masters at diffusing situations through the use of verbal judo, and when necessary are usually more proficient with their weapon than most police officers. Everyone should fullfill their civic duty of being a responsible gun owner who excercises his right to bear arms. We would all be safer, more civilized and certainly more polite.

Leave a comment:

• HauntedPaws
    replied
    There is no reason anyone needs assault weapons. My thinking is he killed the mother's class out of jealously for her affection and they were all 5 YEARS OLD !!!! My wife is 1st grade teacher in CT and I was scared shitless until I read Newtown.
    Last edited by HauntedPaws; 12-14-2012, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zombietoxin
    replied
    At risk of being thought of as "another gun nut" I submit-

Why Carrying a Gun is a Civilized Act

Why The Gun Is Civilization

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.

If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we’d be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger’s potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat–it has no validity when most of a mugger’s potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that’s the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there’s the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don’t constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that’s as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn’t work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn’t both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Goff
    replied
    Larry, I completely share your anger, sorrow and a dozen other emotions that cannot be processed. I would like to share with you my experience on the subject of guns. Being a firearms instructor and a personal self-defense instructor, I have literally spent thousands of hours studying the subject of active shooter scenarios. I have spoken to tactical team members from Columbine, and I have interviewed more victims of violent crime than I can remember. I will try to refrain from political points of view and only share with you what I have learned. In every single case that there has been an active shooter scenario in the United States the shooter either killed himself or gave up the minute that they were confronted with resistance. The most valuable information that I have obtained from this morbid study, is that if you want to live, your best chance is to immediately resist. In situations that there was no resistance the body count usually averages 3 to 5 fatalities per minute. I have also learned that in almost every case the shooter chooses a place where possession of weapons is prohibited. You never hear about an active shooter scenario in a police station, or at a gun show. These people are generally cowards and will not commit their heinous acts in a place that there would be resistance. If the 2nd amendment were ever repealed, guns would not magically disappear; any more than illegal drugs have disappeared. Those who wish to obtain guns and harm other people will still be able to get them. The difference is that instead of schools being safe havens for active shooters, the whole country would become a potential killing field. A much more effective solution to school shootings would be to place armed people in the school. This could mean police, this could mean school staff. The most effective way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to have a good guy with a gun. Guns are a useful tool. They are what enable a 120 lb. woman a fighting chance against a 200 lb. rapist. They can take credit for the very existence of the freest nation that has ever existed in the history of man. Lastly, I would like to caution everyone to keep their emotions in check and to be careful of what you wish for. If there is ever an attempt to take guns from law abiding citizens, it would mean a blood bath on our own soil that has not been seen since the Civil War. There are at least 15 million gun owners that would die, face down in a pile of brass before they would surrender their guns. You can say that is crazy, and you can pretend that it is just macho posturing, but it is a fact. You also might think that you would not be affected, but it would affect everyone in the country. Before anyone vents about what should or should not be done, they need to educate themselves about the problem, and weigh the consequences of the decision.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    As a father I feel so so so sad for those parents who lost a child today. This is really tragic! I would do anything to have predicted this and done something about it. My day was totally ruined! I can't believe someone would do this! Larry

Leave a comment:

• terrormasue
    replied
    There are now words for what has happened today. We have lost precious little souls to heaven. My husband is a police officer. I can telly you that almost 100% of the guns that are used in crimes at least in his area are stolen. We have the right to bear arms to take up weapons to defend ourselves and our property. I do not ever want that right taken away from me. We, meaning myself and my family, have come by our weapons legally but I will tell you if they are taken away the criminals will still have theirs. They come by their weapons illegally. Why would I want a criminal to know that I have no way to defend myself. I say HELL NO! I will tell you if someone breaks into my house or pulls a weapon on an innocent person and I have a gun on me I will shoot them. I am so angry right now I just don't know what to do. That's all I have.

Sue

Leave a comment:

• Evernight
    replied
    Yes but again.....it comes down to those who will abide by the law....and those who do not. Sure guns laws work great for those that will abide by them - it has been proven time and time again people who are intent on killing others will find a way to do it, knives, bombs, hell even recently a bow was used......I didn't see anything about controlling bow usage.

No one knows how to stop these things - laws may curb a few incidents but if someone is set on destroying other peoples lives they will find a way.

Leave a comment:

• HauntedPaws
    replied
    What's more interesting is how he got in the school. Schools in CT are always locked and the entrance at least has a camera and buzzer system.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is a cool article of mass killing sprees just this year ALONE...

http://news.yahoo.com/tiimeline-majo...185007308.html

This doesn't include the 20,000 or so people who will die this year in gun crimes.

Larry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X