Eli Roths Goretorium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Kip

Well it sounds like it would'nt be the easiest task satisfying a client with such a big name as Eli in the industry of Horror. Not saying what you showed us is bad. Just not maybe quite as high of quality? Personally coming from the Haunted House field I love the boiler! Nice job! But your burn effects I know how it was done. It works but thats like some old Lon Chaney type stuff maybe to Eli?! I dont know? I hope you get things worked out and more of your stuff is on display at the Goretorium. I do plan on going in 2013. I cant wait! And thank you for the invite to your shop. I would really like to see it. Best of luck.
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

Comment

what a slam...

sad day to be a haunter n read comments like this...
      good enough for a haunt but not the movies...

maybe your haunt but not mine..

these kids today want total realism...if it aint good enough for the movies then it aint good enough for the Hooch...
      raise the bar...not lower it..
      in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
      www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Ummm... can we be realistic for just a moment? Have you ever watched SCFY channel and seen the cheesy CGI they have and compare that to say Transformers or Avatar, or say Avengers. C'mon now... you don't think there are different levels of set design, cgi, animations or whatever... do you think ANY haunt in America could afford one of those Stan Winston T-Rex from Jurassic Park or those awesome sets from the Wolfman... they spent tens of millions of dollars on those sets!

No one can afford that level, and no one would ever try! To get the same CGI experts who worked on Avatar to work on FX for your haunted house you'd pay tens of thousands of dollars PER SECOND of finished rendered CGI!

The guys who work on SCFY Channels CGI are much lower quality then it keeps stepping down and down... in a haunted house you can 110% accept lower quality CG work because people don't see it but for a few seconds then they move onto the next room. Is the CGI offered in this industry substandard to that of Avatar... c'mon on give me a break!

If I could afford to hire the guys from Lucas I WOULD... don't get me wrong I would love to get work for my haunt from the masters at Lucas lets say but no one at least in this industry would ever pay for it. I'll go one further... animations in this industry are NO WHERE CLOSE to those used in a Disney attraction! Why? Because no one is willing to pay for all that high end work... those animations cost $50,000 to 1 million dollars each! So you have to be real for a second... not a slam but a reality. Now with that being said as haunters we still want the best bang for the buck we all do and that is why each season at the Halloween show we speak with our wallets.

If we see something better than what the next guys has we buy it... if the price is right! That is the haunter way!

Now back to the main subject... 10 years ago middle of the road CG FX would look a whole lot better than they would today, so if you are going to produce them you better step up your game otherwise what you did 2 or 3 years ago is yesterdays news.

I think that goes without saying!

Some of the CGI stuff that has been offered to our industry has been good, not great, while other stuff has been horrid! It will only get better! I think the only company who has done stuff at the very highest level is Atmofear Fx. That stuff is truly good stuff!!! I think it boils down to taste I prefer a more polished look, others might prefer something different.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          ...I think the only company who has done stuff at the very highest level is Atmofear Fx. That stuff is truly good stuff!!!...

Larry

LOL.

Yes, the haunt industry has different visual standards from the film industry but really no one has found a FEASIBLE was to bridge the gap and Pale Night does a DAMN GOOD job at it. Industry SPFX leaders in my book.
          O'Shawn McClendon
          Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Just to be clear... and I stand behind this 110% the ONLY company out there that is doing FULL CGI like what you'd see in a Hollywood movie is the company I mentioned... they are doing FULL CGI! That is what I meant fyi! Kip is NOT doing full CGI... so hopefully that clears that up!

If you bought those DVD's they sold at the show those portraits for example those are FULL CG, nothing Kip has ever done is full CG!

So what I meant was out of any and all companies whomever brought full CG to the Halloween show those guys stuff was the best. I use to work with them long before they ever formed that company, in fact I hired them to do my first dark ride 'Spiderman' and I hired them to do lots of other things for me ... FULL CGI stuff. I was doing tons of scary CGI work, that is how Kip was introduced to the concept in the first place. Everything I had was created by Pete himself... he's amazing!

I wasn't able to use Pete as much over the past couple years because they are doing tons of XBOX 360 trailers so they don't do a lot of work outside that anymore. But the stuff Pete does is amazing... he has the eye for horror and his CG is amazing! Pete is also the nicest guy in the World as is his wife! Kip's stuff is mostly a live actor and they try and mix in some CG FX. There is a total difference. Now if I said who's doing a great job with live actors and making fx out of them... I would have thrown Kips name in the mix. I love a few things he's done including the Zombie and the shotgun or the AXE in the Asylum. I like those two.

If I didn't like anything he did i wouldn't have had him take my concept for the new Zombie double door he made and sold at the show ... I wouldn't' have had him make that for me! So I like some of the stuff he does, but me personally I'm more into FULL CGI FX and the only one really doing it well in this industry is Atmosfear FX ei Pete Williams. To be honestly I don't know of another company doing FULL CGI FX offered in this industry. I think that House of the Dead is doing some FX and their stuff is really cool... but they are still not doing exactly what I mean by making like a zombie in a computer then making him doing something a person can't do!

Hope that clears that up for you!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
            X