Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billboards

Version 2 BB.jpg
    Could use some insight here, I had some complaints on my billboards last year, only two but one threatened a petition if I use them again this year. They thought they were to violent. Im new to the industry going on our 3rd year would like to stay on the good side of the community

What do you guys think?

We're all gonna tell you we love it. However if it's the community you worry bout why not reach out to the leader of the group and work together?

Comment

Good Plan

I tried to talk to the guys, the last one was rude and obnoxious so I basically told him to go for it (the petition) it would probably help my business more than hurt anyway. I don’t really know how much of the community he represents.
      I guess I wanted to know if the haunt community thought I crossed the line with this billboard.

Comment

Id let the guy petition for all he was worth. Best free advertisement you can get. And no... the billboard dosnt cross the line.

Comment

I think it looks fine and i would run it again. You had 2 people say something about your billboard, thats nothing. And 1 person threatened to start a petition, who cares, no one will, unless your in the bible belt, then you could have a problem but other then that you'll have one dummy running around with a clipboard and people telling him to leave them alone.

He's not your clientele anyway and i'm sure no one else will care about him anyway. I think your fine and it looks go

Robet

Comment

Tell them to go get BENT! That's not over the line. That's BS. Probably some bible thumpin idiots that like to try and control everyone else's lives.

Looks good to me man! I love it!

As was said before... there really IS NO bad publicity! ESPECIALLY for a haunted house! LET THEM PETITION! BRING IT ON! and watch your numbers and calls grow.

Dewayne

Comment

If they're gonna be a dumbasses about it then let them try. Once you pay for the space and the billboard company is ok with it they got a 0% chance of doing anything. If by some miracle they did get movement it'd take 3 mths to get any legal going at which point the season is over.

Comment

What did last years billboard look like? Do you have a picture you can post?
                Joshua
                www.hauntedprints.com
                info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Go for it.

While I am a church goer..I am not a Bible thumper per say. Looks fine to me. There are a few on the fringe of every group. Bible readers have a few thumpers (just ignore those idiots) Well unless you do want to USE them. DON"T tell them to get bent! If they are a "thumper" Your actions will turn those Bible reaaders who would go to your haunt against you. Take the high road...let the thumpers embarass themselves. YOUTH GROUPS...teens are great ticket buyers. Just don't go demonic or have a 666 special..they will bring bus loads! Stress....fighting the urge to choke the living shit out of someone who so desperately deserves it. Run it...and let the publicity flow.

Wicked Farmer

Ok...so I am not so wicked...

Comment

Just curious where you got the image you used for your design. I've seen it used before and was wondering if it was just stock art or???
                    Zach Wiechmann
                    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Thanks

Everyone pretty much seems to be feeling the same way I do about it, thanks for the input guys its greatly appreciated!!

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the same or not, but I've seen something VERY similar at least, on some free art sites. Since I'm pretty much new and starting all over this year (no gear or panels from past parties etc, I retired the parties about 4 years ago and sold it all) I've been looking at free art over the internet to put in on the billboards etc. Or to at least give our BBcompany ideas on what we want.

lol Wicked. Nice post. You can be religious and still be wicked :P I'll support ya. I was hoping I didn't offend anyone. Around here, the term "bible thumpers" is well known, as is it's usage. I've lost my faith in religion, but I still respect God and christians etc, even the idiots who believe the trees talk to them and ones who think they have magical skills, which I don't get. If they truly had magic, I'd think they'd use it to get a job, or free money or something geez. I'm not against religious folk, just against ANYONE who tries to push beliefs and causes grief onto others by pointing fingers and telling them how to live and what they can and can't do. THIS IS AMERICA, and THIS IS EARTH! WE ARE HUMANS! We'll do what we WANT. And there's no one that should be able to stop us. I believe in a universal law, do as you please, don't let others tell you what you can / can't do, as long as it doesn't cause harm to anyone else.

sorry, rant over. Just wanted to clear that up.

About billboard art though, our guys around here all seem to do the artwork for you. However, I'd like to work mine up on my own. I own two different photoshops and etc. But I don't know about how to size it. I've only done artwork for web pages etc. Anyone know what kind of size or ppi I should use for a 18' billboard? If not, that's cool. Just asking.

Comment

Not offended in the least bit

These Bible thumpers make me cringe as well. Probably more than they do you. Just wait till you see Wicked Farmers Easter post!

Mark

Comment

Controversial billboard in PA. This is pretty tame, what’s with all the fuss. People just take things way beyond what they are intended to represent.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/hangin...tsburgh-135881

HauntedPrints.com.jpg
                            Joshua
                            www.hauntedprints.com
                            info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

I don't think you crossed the line at all, and I bet that billboard brought a ton of people in. You will always have one who feels the need to think they speak for the community. I had a woman with a petition outside a school Halloween carnival I ran. She thought the skeletons on stakes were too gory...
                              http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X