No announcement yet.

National Haunters Convention May 4-6, 2012 - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is absolutely the BEST convention EVER and..............

the arena where it is being held is absolutely AWESOME !!!!!! Michael, you have ANOTHER WINNER here !!!!!! CAN'T WAIT !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by john haines View Post
      the arena where it is being held is absolutely AWESOME !!!!!! Michael, you have ANOTHER WINNER here !!!!!! CAN'T WAIT !!!!!
      Better than Transworld??? Lol

Comment

the food at knoebel's is the best !!!!!

they've even won awards for it. this trip is gonna be great !!!!! one of the best dark rides in the world as well. cant wait !!!!!

Comment

deathwing...................YES !!!!!!

gets better every year. Michael Bruner has really outdone himself this year !!!!!!! you won't be dissapointed !!!!!!!

Comment

gets better every year. Michael Bruner has really outdone himself this year !!!!!!! you won't be dissapointed !!!!!!!
            I agree with Jake, it's no where near as good as Transworld. Maybe you're local?

No big vendors go to it no Scarefactory, Distortions, Gore Galore, Ghost Ride, Midnight Studios, etc etc etc. it's a good local convention, no MHC and certainly no Transworld.

DA

Comment

scarefactory ? please.......customer NO service is their motto...............

check the old posts here. they've ripped off alot of people who post here. I wouldn't want them at ANY show........................

Comment

Before we go off on a tangent about companies and what they do or dont do for that matter, lets get back on topic. Clearly by all the positives from this years transworld the industry is on the up swing. by no means am i saying it has been introuble the last few years just stating that the response is fantastic. NHC is just one more outlet for this industry to flourish, on a smaller scale yes, but great things come in small packages. The haunt tactics team have been coming to this Con for a few years now because its very enjoyable and for us and in our own back yard. Michael and robert bust their ass all year trying to make this con better and a noticable growth has happend since we hit the show floor 5 years ago. Comparing anything to TW just isnt fair, why cant we take the positives from these kind of shows and showcase them instead of blasting what theyre not? your either going to come to this show or not, its a very simple thing. If you cant support it by being there, support it for the simple fact that its a part of YOUR industry.
                Tim McCall

Comment

check the old posts here. they've ripped off alot of people who post here. I wouldn't want them at ANY show........................
                  Are you serious? Lol you must have never been to Transworld where SF dominates the entire dark zone. They are the biggest vendor in the haunt industry, let's be real. You must live in PA?

DA

Comment

Dark , you talk like you've been in this industry for about 3 1/2 days. You should learn to only comment on a subjects You know something about. You sound like a fool. #1 SF screwed alot of haunts in the past over many years, it doesn't matter how many booths they have at the show. #2 There are other companies that are just as big or bigger like hummm, Unit 70 who does so much work for our industry and other they don't even need to go to the show. And #3 What does ( you must live in PA) mean? Again if you knew anything you would know that the PA area is one of the biggest markets in the haunted house industry. Which also means the PA area buys alot of product from the vendors at these shows.

So way to sound really stupid in one sentence.

My 2 cents on your 1

Robert

Comment

Robert,

Everyone knows about SF's past, I'm
                      Not denying that but they are still the biggest vendor in the industry and a huge part of what makes Transworld essential to most Haunters. Also I know Unit 70 well and I also know they haven't done a tradeshow since the last year it was in Chicago (if memory serves) so I didn't think to bring them up because they do not exhibit anymore. And lastly at no point did I discredit the PA market I know it's a great haunt market I said the other gentleman must be from PA because he's supporting his local convention at the expense of Transworld which is a joke. I've gone to NHC before and many Transworlds, and NHC felt more like a local "mom and pop" show with arts and craft type vendors with an occasional vendor like Nightmare Studios showing up but most vendors are smaller vendors. I think that's fine and a local convention is great in a big market like yours but it's not really a national show like Transworld is.

DA

Comment

This is from a haunter that loves SF

Originally Posted by Brianmudgett

Wow, some haunters are idiots.

For those people who have issues with animatronics. Spend some dollars on researching a product called a regulator…

Anyways back to the thread topic which is called:

What or Who showed the best NEW products this year at TW?

Regarding the half hoods, I like the concept and I’m interested in picking some up. I was curious if there was a way to add a hair piece to cover the back. It could be permanent or detachable. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Slain View Post
                          Originally Posted by Brianmudgett

Wow, some haunters are idiots.

For those people who have issues with animatronics. Spend some dollars on researching a product called a regulator…

Anyways back to the thread topic which is called:

What or Who showed the best NEW products this year at TW?
                          Slain,

I think while you were calling Haunters idiots you may have gotten distracted and posted your post in the wrong thread. This is the NHC thread not the best new product thread.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                            Slain,

I think while you were calling Haunters idiots you may have gotten distracted and posted your post in the wrong thread. This is the NHC thread not the best new product thread.

Jake
                            Jake that was from BrianMudgett!!
                            He was stating that haunters are idiots not me!!!!!!
                            YOu might want to read again!

Comment

Trying to get this thread back into a positive note.

A WEDDING AT THE NATIONAL HAUNTERS CONVENTION AND YOU ARE INVITED !

Join us as Michael Bruner(Co Owner of The Convention) and Susan Marie Gay (Owner of The Things That Go Bump In the Night) exchange vows at the entrance to The Castle Facade. Saturday morning May 5th at 10:00 am. NOTE: The ceremony will only be about 10 minutes long and end at 10:10 am. The convention floor will then open up and people can shop the vendors.

We invite everyone to come. Those in costume will be an extra joy to behold on this most heartfelt union of souls.
                              ( SO YES, PLEASE COME IN COSTUME! )

There will be a Halloween Tree to place ornaments (homemade ones a delight), well wishes and tokens for the couple. Help them to decorate their tree to remember this day and those that will share this very special event (Please include an address label so they know who to thank).

Custom horror styled wedding music created especially for this event will be provided by Robert J. Frankenberg.

Zombie Bride and Zombie Groom Stand-Ins
                              (in case someone gets cold feet)
                              courtesy of CreepyCollection.com

We'd like to welcome Tracie Wise Russell to our NHC staff as our official "Horror Wedding Cake Creator" (This is our second year in a row that people are getting married at our convention-odd but true. So it looks like we're starting a tradition of spooky horror weddings at the Convention.) Have you ever wanted to see the scariest cake of your nightmares made ? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Please email pics of the scariest wedding cake you can imagine to Tracielynn1919@yahoo.com ( SUBJ: NHC's official Horror Wedding Cake Creator) and YOU can design my wedding cake !! Should Tracie make YOUR cake - I'll whip up some sort of awesome prize for you!

Be part of the scariest wedding of the year, only at:
                              http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com
                              Michael Bruner

The National Haunters Convention - OVER 100 vendor booths!
                              Valley Forge, PA
                              http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com

The Cadavers Cotillion
                              http://www.cadaverscotillion.com

Get behind the scenes tours to the best haunted attractions!
                              http://www.haunttour.com

`

Comment

just my opinion.............................

I DO ATTEND ALL OF THE CONVENTIONS/SHOWS AND....... National Haunter's Convention in Oaks, Pa. is my favorite. It has everything. (and more..........)

Comment

Working...
                                X