Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icarian
    replied
    LOL im totally diggin the gigantic inflatables. combine 'em with a squeeze room. perfect!

Leave a comment:

• evilmanor
    replied
    How about some 46" inflatable pins?
    http://thestore.gameops.com/Giant_In...s_p/in-pin.htm

IN-PIN-3T.jpg

Leave a comment:

• skullyprops
    replied
    Pins

Instead of casting the pins you could go to toys r us or any big toy store and get a set of 16 fake plastic multi colored pins then just pant and destress them

Leave a comment:

• Scenic Art Productions
    replied
    How about a cannon?

Fright,

How about a cannon with a clown lighting the fuse. Make the cannon real cartoonish. The cannon can have a air cannon blow at guest as they come by. The magic room would be great also. Allot of clowns do magic in the circus. Saw a woman in half can be done for real using mirrors.

I do not know how much room you have to fill but, you can make a wild hallway. The hallway is life size at the entrance and the end of the hallway angles inward so they appear to get bigger as they walk down the hall exiting through a small door. This can be seen on the original Willy Wonka film. The walls can be black with colorfull lines forming square frames so it looks like they walk through a bunch of colorfull squares floating in space. Use paint that glow in blacklight. I hope I am describing this as I am imaginning this. This would be fun and confusing to your guests.

What part of Florida are you from? Are you in Jacksonville. I would like to visit and see what you did.

Good Luck,
    Robert Travis
    Scenic Art Productions
    ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM

Leave a comment:

• fright
    replied
    Darkangel,

You have a very good point!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Fright

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Clowns are probably the scariest thing used in haunted houses if done right. I have seen the bowling pins used in clown rooms but how do bowling pins relate to clowns in any way? Bowling and the circus are not linked in anyway and to me there are better ways to convey a clown theme. Instead of bowling pins have decapitated clown heads maybe?

DA

Leave a comment:

• fright
    replied
    Nice to meet you Larry!

One question, what are you doing in your funhouse scene?

Thanks

Fright

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    THere are millions of things you can do with CLOWNS... they are a great theme but I think only if you make the entire theme clowns we have done with Terror Visions. I hate to see a clown in a normal haunted house, like there is a boiler, there is a bedroom, there is a graveyard and then BOOM out of no where there is a clown! lol

Some of the new scenes we are doing for Terror Visions which is a clown theme are Jack N Box scene, Funhouse scene, Clown Truck too complicated to explain again, Magic Room, in the past we've done several things with clowns where they are causing danger... like blowing up things with TNT, or a freak show is always good, funny mirrors, a black hole tunnel is a must in any clown house.

The idea's are limitless.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• fright
    replied
    Thanks guys for all the answers!

Leave a comment:

• CNY HAUNTER
    replied
    heres the direct link
    http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...36-How-To-Tips

Leave a comment:

• Wellinton
    replied
    Where would we find that? Under what heading?

Leave a comment:

• CNY HAUNTER
    replied
    theres a nice tutorial in the youtube video section on here about a clown room theme.

Leave a comment:

• icarian
    replied
    The easiest way to paint them (assuming you're going for rigid foam?) would be to pigment the foam itself white before you cast. then it'd just take some acrylic paint for the stripes, and some thinned brown/grey paint for aging and distressing. (a couple cans of 97 cent spray paint from wal-mart and a crumpled plastic bag would totally work for distressing too). as far as making them glow, you could always add some cryptolite to the pigmented foam and paint the finishing detail with UV reds and earth tones. that would give you the glowing-blue/white look to the pins pretty simply.

i did just notice that you want to hang these... i'd STRONGLY suggest embedding the rope or cable in the pins when you cast them... the foam will fuse to the rope perminantly and be less likely to be pulled down or snapped off at the neck of the pin (where the rope would be if you tied them up)

Leave a comment:

• fright
    replied
    Wellinton,
    That sounds like a really cool idea!
    Fright

Leave a comment:

• fright
    replied
    Icarian,

Do you have any ideas on how to paint the bowling pins?
    I appreciate your input!
    Fright

Leave a comment:

Working...
X