No announcement yet.

How to Increase Length of Haunt without Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went through Kevin McCurdy's Haunted Mansion this year and their concept is very theme/backstory driven. They put you through in larger groups but its a much more interactive experience for the group. You'll walk through a few "traditional" hallways and rooms, then you'll all gather in one room with some actor interaction/special effects, then more hallways, then another longer room, etc. Now I wouldn't necessarily want to do this for my own haunt, but it was very cool and well done and provided a more unique haunt experience. This also requires having great actors. This set up isn't really like a "tour", but is a similar concept in that you can slow down your customers to increase their time spent in the haunt.
    Mike Quill
    Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

beast and edge of hell in Kansas city use the open concept theme. They have forests that are all fogged up and a very large room and you have to find which way to go. I went on a Thursday night this year so it was pretty busy still and a lot of ppl were in the one big room but didn't really clog up the rest of the haunted house which i was surprised at. This is one way to do it, they just have a very large area to start with also which many haunters don't have

Kyle Guillette
      Kyle Guillette
      Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

How do you create a forest tree?

Comment

Long?

If someone had been through my house a few times, and somewhat recently and wanted a "Quick" tour, and they didn't stop to read anything, didn't need to hear the haunted history of this house, didn't ask any questions, it would still be probably a 35 minute or more tour.
          As soon as they begin gauking, closely examining things, the questions begin which is fine within normal limits if we are busy .
          I have never thought there could be enough paying customers who would be "Happy" after driving for 2-3 hours to see my house , then only to have me chase them around and out with a chainsaw for just a ten minute experience.
          Maybe I'm just insecure?
          But then there is that business slogan "Expect less but get MORE!?"= HAPPY!?
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X