Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Ticket Purchase Option ~ Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well put , Larry, I hadn't quite thought about it that way.
    Besides sending them your own customers you are sending them another customer with each one of them, you! You would be the second customer!
    Now if I could get paid for four people for every three that come here.......
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

But on the other hand, we bought into the online ticketing to get the printable tickets, and all the hardware/software that goes along with the "click and print" process. Being a smaller haunt, this was our best option, and actually worked out for us in the end. Just another opinion.

Comment

We each decide what value a service or product has to us personally.
        I would never spend $1,000's of dollars on just one prop, yet many sure seem to do this.
        I had an ex who offered to be my ticket booth person (again), she said she would do this for me for just $5,000.oo!!!!!
        Of course her boyfriend would have to be standing next to her in the ticket booth in case she got scared!
        Can you believe I turned down this offer?
        After she was gone I found out from quite afew customers that they really didn't care for her attitude and some of the things she said or did to them.
        What it all comes down to is that she really didn't want to be here.
        (But you are still not supposed to take it out on the customers.)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I do it all myself via a Paypal shopping cart. I however don't run 40,000 people through my gates, nor is that a desire of mine. (We have a low through-put by design.) "No service charges" is our Motto and I will pay 1.9 to 2.5% per ticket. No big deal. I believe these are people in your door who normally wouldn't have come to the event. Call me crazy and I've said it before, a bought ticket is a sold ticket. Someone waiting to purchase when they get to your event, has a 80% chance of finding something better to do before they get to you.
          Erick Donaldson
          Gazall-Lewis & Associates, Architects
          Entertainment Design

e@hauntedfield.com

Comment

The one thing you have to realize is this...

YOU are spending YOUR money to bring people to YOUR site ...then you're handing over the rewards to Screampass or Ticketweb? Thats absurd!

You are the one paying for bring the customers to your site not them...

I told them this...

Hey you can sell my tickets on line, but NOT through my website. If you want to put my sell my tickets then YOU do something to drum up interest to justify your fee. If you're so confident in what you bring to the table then you should be able to sell thousands of them without selling through my website. From what I've seen they haven't done anything to through their assets to inspire online haunt ticket sales.

So as it stands you do all the work, they sell the tickets...I'm not down with that. I completely understand the value of ticketmaster to major sporting events, concerts, blah, blah...

People go to their site ticketmaster.com to find buy these things. But hautned houses are a different animal and we need every penny we have to survive one year to the next.

Selling tickets on line is MAJOR and you can do it for cheap...save yourself the thousands of dollars or just work with Click N Print. Thats what I would do.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

If you want to see an example of how ClickNPrint (aka. Extremetix) can set up your online tickets, feel free to take a look at our web site, www.eurekascreams.com You can go through most of the process, but just exit once you get to the screen requesting your credit card. You'll see the online survey they set up for us in order to help us determine our best marketing efforts and to collect market demographics. Russell and Clint have done an awesome job for us in the past and they are doing an awesome job for us again this year! They've created a cool header for the tickets printed online as well as a great "Sponsors" area on the ticket, which our sponsors love! At any rate, just a little feedback on ClickNPrint. :wink:

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Erickroy, 80% of the people driving to see The Ravens Grin don't wander off and find something else to do because most of them purposely made the concerted effort just to come and see my place! Many times from many hours away!
                (There is nothing else here?-insert evil laugh!)
                Most of the "wander-offs" I am glad to see go away because they are too drunk to be in my house.
                Nowhere is there a sign on my house saying "Babysitting for Drunks"
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The thing I ran into with Extremetix is that you are required to sell a certain amount of tickets. For many that isn't a problem. Especially when you've reported here on this forum thousands of attendees last season. Compare that to our....and I'm ashamed to say this, but will do it so others will know where we began....compared to our 350 people in our three days of operation. ops:
                  I know our attendance will jump higher this season. We are doing a lot of advertising this year, making appearances at popular events and our days of operation has increased to ten. However, that does not mean that any tickets will be purchased online and I'd hate to be under the gun.

No, I think Paypal is the best solution for us this season. We only pay a small fee, our customers pay none and we aren't under the gun.

Gosh....I can't believe I told everyone our attendance last year.
                  ops: x 10

Comment

Empress, "X 10" may very well be the formula applied to your attendance this year! :wink:

Kel
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Kel,

from your fingers to the man upstairs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
                        The thing I ran into with Extremetix is that you are required to sell a certain amount of tickets. For many that isn't a problem. Especially when you've reported here on this forum thousands of attendees last season. Compare that to our....and I'm ashamed to say this, but will do it so others will know where we began....compared to our 350 people in our three days of operation. ops:
                        I know our attendance will jump higher this season. We are doing a lot of advertising this year, making appearances at popular events and our days of operation has increased to ten. However, that does not mean that any tickets will be purchased online and I'd hate to be under the gun.

No, I think Paypal is the best solution for us this season. We only pay a small fee, our customers pay none and we aren't under the gun.

Gosh....I can't believe I told everyone our attendance last year.
                        ops: x 10
                        That is nothing to be ashamed of! You do it because your heart is in it and it is for a wonderful cause!
                        www.mindseizure.com
                        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Jim,

Nothing about your attraction fits into a normal formal. Most of your costumers don't even know they are coming, they just follow the voices to your house. I don't think it is fair you have the patient on the mind control device and won't share the plans.
                          Erick Donaldson
                          Gazall-Lewis & Associates, Architects
                          Entertainment Design

e@hauntedfield.com

Comment

Originally posted by SpFXChic
                            That is nothing to be ashamed of! You do it because your heart is in it and it is for a wonderful cause!
                            Thanks, Sweetheart!

Comment

Nice system Kelly (I had to try it).

Larry, you keep saying that you do it all yourself. Any tips?
                              "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Good Info guys! I've just been contacted by Etix. They claim to do the E-Ticket Sales for the following:

Some of our clients include:

-The Frightmare in Raleigh, NC (http://www.thefrightmare.com)

-Ghost Walk of Old Wilmington in Wilmington, NC (http://www.hauntedwilmington.com)

-Ghosts of Carolina in Columbia, SC (http://www.theghostsofcarolina.com)

-Ghosts of Savannah in Savannah, GA (http://www.theghostsofsavannah.com)

-Ghosts & Legends of Key West in Key West, FL (http://www.keywestghosts.com)

-Ghosts & Legends of San Antonio, TX (http://www.ghostsofsanantonio.com)
                                I'm starting to like the sounds of Click N Print a lot better than those guys tacking an extra $1.50 onto my ticket price for basically doing nothing that my Pay Pal account couldn't do.
                                ------------------------
                                The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                                I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Working...
                                X