Clear All

not to mention......

thats some expensive make up!
    Joe Phillips
    The Shallow Grave
    Winter Haven FL
    http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Not as bad as it's being made out to sound! Really now.

The only people who I have ever heard of using permablood for their FACE actually OWNED the bottle THEMSELVES. It's NOT like the haunt advised them to do so, they did it of their own free will and knowing full well the side effects that it could have.
      I have used it on my arms and legs when I had no other alternative for a photoshoot (see attached photos) that I was in and it came off with a babywipe! Very simple. Man, I knew someone who used Red Car Paint as make up blood this past weekend. You use what you have at hand.
      As far as acetone, we're talking about Nail Polish remover! Yes it stinks but it works on getting sticky stuff off of everything! I like it better then Goop off.
      And the brake fluid... that's a joke... come on now lets read a little sarcasm into what is meant to be a JOKE
      Attached Files

Comment

NO!!! Thats clearly not its intended use. Im sure everyone would agree this is crazy. Bloody marys blood is so much better to use for an actor.
        I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

its only a matter of time before we hear about the anti freeze green fog juice again
          I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Lol! Spray paint? This is clearly being someone very desperate for blood! And if you have enough money for perma blood why the hell cant you go to the local costume shop and buy makeup or fake blood that is meant to be put on yourself?! This is my point idiotic actors that dont know there a** from hole in the ground. Young know it alls that dont think anything can harm them. And I didnt say this haunted house gave them the blood I said the actors were doing it. The owner might not know anything about it? Who knows. This is a heads up for all haunted house owners. And regardless if perma blood is or isnt harmful I dont think they would want there perma blood wasted for makeup considering what it costs. And whatever they use to remove it could be. If your that desperate for blood I surprised the idiots havent cut themselves for even a more authentic effect. Stupid!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

I honestly don't know, and again honestly I think it best if Kip answers this question and leave out all the speculation.

Kip should know.

I'll tell him about this thread and see what he says. He's very busy I'm sure.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

wether it is safe or not for skin is up to the guy that makes it.
                but i can tell you acetone and brake fluid on your skin is so bad for your body.
                every liquid you place on your skin gets absorbed into your body within 7 seconds, so if you want all of those toxins in your body, go ahead lol
                Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Carson 1 yr I did actually accidentally cut my hand open on the busiest night during the busiest hr . I couldnt break free to seek proper attention so I wrapped it and went on. I cant tell you how many people gawked at how cheesy and fake my real wound and real blood looked. Finally after much debate and many requests to see it I unwrapped it and squeezed it to make it bleed again. The poor girl giving me so much hell saw it and passed smooth out on the porch . No matter how real it looks or actually is its never good enough. Go with something safe and professional

Comment

Thats pretty bad! Ive had a small situation like that once. It must of looked real enough if she passed out. Im saying if your acting in this stuff for 8 hrs and you sweat whatever is in it will be absorbed into your pores. And what ever you might be using to remove it all these other chemicals could be harmful as well. Even say perma blood is okay which I cant see how it would be being a paint I dont think all the chemicals to remove it arent. And other replacements for blood are not safe either such as spray paint and lord knows what else people use or have tried. Its just unbelieveable!
                    Damon
                    Last edited by damon carson; 07-28-2011, 05:22 PM.
                    Damon Carson

Comment

The brake fluid thing gets me. I seriously hope that was a joke because that's scary if not. Never in a million years would I put brake fluid on my face. I whine like a girl getting it on my fingers, LOL! I also worry about chemical reactions as well. they might be stable alone, but mix them together it might peel your skin off....
                      Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Ladyrouge86- I commend your "get it done" spirit. But acetone is not a nice substace to put on your skin. Here is the MSDS please read before encouraging others to use it
                        -
                        http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927062

Here is a fun bit-
                        "Classified Reproductive system/toxin/female,
                        Reproductive system/toxin/male [SUSPECTED]. The substance is toxic to central nervous system (CNS). The substance may
                        be toxic to kidneys, the reproductive system, liver, skin. Repeated or prolonged exposure to the substance can produce target
                        organs damage."
                        Oh and this fun quote-
                        " Skin Contact:
                        In case of contact, immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Remove contaminated
                        clothing and shoes. Cold water may be used.Wash clothing before reuse. Thoroughly clean shoes before reuse. Get medical
                        attention."
                        Its a poor choice to use as a remover, Ive used it in the shop to get fiberglass off my hands as well as Naptha (which is way worse for you) but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone else or justify it by saying it isint that bad. Shop safety and make up room safety is a big deal. Our lack of knowledge and safety are one of the things that seperate us from the movie and fashion make up fields, and why we are looked down on a bit by them. If its your bodt be as flippant with safety and products as you like but respect the safety of others who may or may not know the long term effects.
                        Allen H
                        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedkimmy View Post
                          The brake fluid thing gets me. I seriously hope that was a joke because that's scary if not. Never in a million years would I put brake fluid on my face. I whine like a girl getting it on my fingers, LOL! I also worry about chemical reactions as well. they might be stable alone, but mix them together it might peel your skin off....
                          It was a joke, check out my last post, #17...
                          It's amazing how some people can hear you say one thing sarcastically and then oh I don't know start a whole debate on a forum about how horrible your comment was...
                          But you know considering that I said I had a friend use RED CAR PAINT and suddenly that is now being called SPRAY PAINT, I guess I can understand how you can misinterpret sarcasm too! I'm not saying one is better then the other.
                          My whole thing is to each his own.

Comment

I will say this accidental exposure of perma blood to my cloths and fingers while working is pretty hard to get off . I love it!!! orange pumice hand cleaner works well to get it off

Comment

No I was specificially told that brake fluid was used by this one actor. And believe it or not its from the same haunted house. You think some people would be smart enough to figure stuff like this isnt good for you! I guess young and dumb people just got this invincible know it all attitude and really are to dumb or stubborn to care. Its sad really. Allen thankyou for posting the effects of accetone! That was another thing I was told was harmless and this was from someone we know from hauntworld chat. Looks like Im winning this debate. Which Im not even trying to. Im more worried about people using this stuff and being harmed than winning anything. And also its important to inform haunt owners as well. Car paint, detail paint, spray paint I dont see much difference its for a car not your body! Or some other metal!
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by LadyRogue86 View Post
                                It was a joke, check out my last post, #17...
                                It's amazing how some people can hear you say one thing sarcastically and then oh I don't know start a whole debate on a forum about how horrible your comment was...
                                But you know considering that I said I had a friend use RED CAR PAINT and suddenly that is now being called SPRAY PAINT, I guess I can understand how you can misinterpret sarcasm too! I'm not saying one is better then the other.
                                My whole thing is to each his own.
                                Thanks Lady, I read that one, just didn't hear the original comments made to Damon that prompted this thread and wasn't sure if the brake fluid thing had originated from a joke you had made or someone entirely different.

With all of the fire safety and codes, etc in place, I wonder why the industry powers that be haven't spelled out a safety thing for handling makeups etc. You would think they do have safety standards for tattooing and piercing...heck even in a nail salon, but nothing for this? Same basic risk of contamination, possibly worse threat in some cases.
                                Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X