Attention Haunt Owners Read This!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brett

You being in the Industry have you ever thought of being a Industry Attorney like Ken at Westland is a Industry Insurance agent? Larry any word on if this site will stay down! Shane and it's no one is going to use my name but me! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
      You being in the Industry have you ever thought of being a Industry Attorney like Ken at Westland is a Industry Insurance agent?
      Well, I do primarily criminal defense and divorce, not that there isn't a good demand for both in this industry, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Brett

OK when I go take out Casey Anthony I will call ya! Oh wait you don't go to prison for murder anymore! Shane and it's the bitch is quilty! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
          OK when I go take out Casey Anthony I will call ya! Oh wait you don't go to prison for murder anymore! Shane and it's the bitch is quilty! Shane

Just for you, Shane.

i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together.jpg
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

Yeah this whole thing is pretty crazy. As stated earlier it prolly was not a huge investment for the person that did it. At one time I bought several domains and they ended up being less than $10 even with the private registration, and that was only like 16 of them. I know the prices went down more the more you bought. Regardless though this whole thing is shady of someone to do without at least approaching the haunts first. Dont know much about the legal aspects, but looks like they are somewhat involved in the industry as a good portion of the ones they registered were mainly the bigger players.

Curious to see where this all goes. Good luck to anyone involved.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Damn it they got me too !! Im on the list wtf? why am I never on a good list ?
              I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

It does look like it's many of the main players that are on the list, I guess it could be a compliment to be on and an insult to be left off!

Site is down, probably an actor or someone who already does a review site and wants to expand.

DA

Comment

WTF, I am on it and I am just a little fish in this big sea. I think they got them from hauntworld lead banners. Keep us posted, I might have to join this suit.

Comment

All these sites seem to be back online....

I just checked this out this morning and the link for my haunt is back online.....

Comment

i would check if this is really breaking the law.
                      no idea how we didn't make the list, but honestly if we did, i would never sue.

This site could do the exact same thing, however not use your haunt name in the domain name and they would FOR SURE not be breaking any laws. Also the only people that are actually breaking the law are those that post a fake review of your haunt on the website, THOSE are the people you should be after. sadly there is no way to track it. GOOD NEWS, whoever is building this site has no idea how to do SEO, because i could name 101 things they are doing wrong.
                      also if they really wanted to rank these sites up to the top, the amount of searches these sites are getting is so low in reality, you can run it through google keywords tool and figure that out. in order to rank these to the top they would need tons of backlinks even with exact domain matching. that costs money.

What i am getting at, is this looks like a CLEAR attempt at control of making someone look good or bad.
                      i bet in a few month they will charge for good reviews or something like that.
                      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

We are filing suit. I know other haunt owners doing the exact same thing. I will keep you up to date.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Heres what I don't understand, this site just went up and theres already a long list of reviews and if you take the time to read them some of them do not come across as being legit, "Something is rotten in Denmark".
                          Last edited by SomeThingInTheIce; 07-31-2011, 02:04 PM.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

They are just pulling reviews from other sites that already have legitimate reviews listed. Start with Bates Motel at the top. If you search Google for the wording found in the reviews you'll find they come from yelp.com...for instance. I'm sure that the rest of the site's reviews are the same way...
                            Kip Polley
                            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                            We Engineer Fear

Comment

Hummm

Heck they got reviews dating back to 2007 yet the site has only been up a few weeks? Shane and it's I call bull shit! Shane
                              sigpic

Comment

Old Reviews?

I'd like to see a reveiw of my house, get out the Oui-Ja board dial in 1870, it was a tavern and a whorehouse, probably why it's haunted by a woman !
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X