Cryptic Magazine & The Ghoulish Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptic Magazine & The Ghoulish Gallery

Just wanted to let everyone know there's a brand new interview about The Ghoulish Gallery in this month's Cryptic Magazine (Issue #3). Unlike the TGG interview in the complimentary copy of HorrorShow Magazine that many of you discovered in your Frozen Tundra goodie Bag (thanks Beth), the interview in Cryptic Magazine tends to focus a little more on my experience as a haunter. I even managed to get a little plug in for HAuNTcon!

If you've not yet seen Cryptic Magazine it is unique and hard to describe. It's like a combination of Tales of the Crypt and Heavy Metal but in between the dark comic book stories are magazine-style coverage on all kinds of cool stuff, like cryptozoology, horror novels, horror film/DVD reviews, the classic Fritz Lang film Metropolis, Mario Bava's Five Dolls for an August Moon, etc. It also includes in-depth interviews with Kane Hodder, Evil Dead expert Tom Sullivan, Mushroomhead's Jeff Hatrix, and Arnold Goldman (owner of The Monster Makers). The layout is really nice - full color glossy and very well put together. Being that this is only their third issue they're still trying to find their identity a little but all in all it really looks great so far.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that one of the coolest stories in this mag is called Blood Dries Black. It is an artist profile on a guy named Chris Wiggins. Chris' specialty is horror tattoos and his work is just amazing. While I'm not into tattoos myself I can still appreciate the work of a true artist and this guy's stuff is about as photo-realistic as you can get for a tattoo.

Cryptic Magazine is available at Comic Book stores everywhere (but call first to make sure Issue #3 is in).

Well, that's enough jabbering for now. As always...

Happy haunting,
    Tim @ www.theghoulishgallery.com

Congrats, Tim. Another great achievement for TGG.
    www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Tim,
      I'm still hoping you make a changing portrait of H.P. Lovecraft. I'm pretty sure his image is not copyrighted, and I'm 100% sure it would be huge seller.
      sigpic
      Louis Brown
      Owner, operator, and dish washer
      at
      DarkWood Manor

Comment

Horse Power Lovecraft's image may not be copyrighted but what if it is cursed?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

sounds great tim....have to run out and see if they have it at borders or one of the other book stores....if not then i will have to hunt dwn a comic book store...catch y later

todd

Comment

Working...
          X