Xbox Kinect - Haunted House Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Kinect - Haunted House Game

So I'm not sure how many of you have the Kinect, but it is basically an awesome video game technology that can track your every movement with no controller as well as depth and lateral movement.

Anyway, I was thinking, how cool would it be to have haunt tours of ACTUAL haunts that you could "walk" through using the Kinect. Could this work?

I mean you film and map the entire haunt and then you walk someone through with a camera and let the actors and animatronics do what they do. I think it would be an amazing thing where people could visit haunts like Netherworld, The Darkness, Pirates of Emerson, and on and on all in the comfort of their own home! New haunts could frequently be added as downloadable content. Best of all for you owners out there, licensing fees! Think of what you could do with the additional revenue?

There are some drawbacks of course. Scares would only be able to come from the front, or as someone is "turning a corner" rather than 360 degrees. I guess you could figure out a way to do it with a couple people going through but you still lose a group aspect. Personally I would rather it be a walkthrough rather than a game, but its likely some would want some game aspects. The biggest one is the audience large enough for this sort of thing? I think it might be... and think of the exposure for the haunt industry?

Anyway, was wondering what you guys thoughts are. I wonder if I could get a game developer to consider something like this? Thoughts?
    ----------------------------------------------
    A.J. Porfirio

This could be a cool idea. KcNet is rather intense at time. My stepson just broke his foot playing track and field....

Goes to show you how these kids are taking it seriously.

Comment

Track and field...forget it! Lol, and for the obstacle courses?? Ruined my hopes of ever being an Olympian! Haha.

It is a neat concept, but I don't know if it would catch on. Haunts are always scarier in person, and sometimes scares look cheesy on television, even if in person they make you scream and poop yourself. Idunno....just my opinion. But if you brought it to fruition, I would definitely check it out.

Comment

Bobby,
        I know it would never be as good as the real thing, but still could be cool. Plus I think it would make people want to go to the ACTUAL haunt even more. I know things like this look cheesy sometimes as you said, but if done right I think it could be great.
        A.J. Porfirio

Comment

I totally agree! (I'm in full support of this lol) I worded my first reply in a bad way, I'm sorry. I think it'd be really cool. If you wanted (or needed to) make it into a game, you can add in some sort of monster shooting effect. Where it's a competition to shoo the actors or whatever off, kind of like those amusement rides where you shoot at ghosts. I would definitely buy a copy, just think it would be difficult to actually make happen.

Comment

Wow, this could be used for all sorts of things not just haunted houses, think about it you could walk through a house that is up for sale in another state right in your own living room.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Now that's a great idea! I would remove that post, patent it, and start on it asap. I love the walkthru ideas, it just seems really hard to do with haunts but would be a cool marketing tool.

Comment

For it to be scary or as if your really going through the haunt it. It could be set up for the new 3D televisions. Or with some kind of virtual reality headset you wear. So you not only got the front you got video on the sides. And if you got a scare or look behind you the camera switches so its as if your really in the haunt. Surround sound, and a nice subwoofer could be used for scares as well. And then dont forget the air/water blaster and scent pack you can buy for optional scares of course. LOL! This would be bad ass to go through major haunts you never seen. Might hurt attendance but would pay off in the long run.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Hey Guys...Hate to break it to you but they announced a haunted house game for Kinect at the Toyko Game Show this fall. Do a search for it, looks alright but not stellar
                  Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    Hey Guys...Hate to break it to you but they announced a haunted house game for Kinect at the Toyko Game Show this fall. Do a search for it, looks alright but not stellar
                    The idea was more about touring REAL haunted houses than just a haunted house game. But thanks for the tip, I'll look it up.
                    A.J. Porfirio

Comment

Working...
                    X