Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horoscope Change!

Hey Yall

I think this one slipped thru the cracks and I know some of you are Horoscope Junkies so here is the info...

In case you haven't heard, astronomers have now added Ophiuchus to the list of zodiac signs, making for a grand total of thirteen. As a result, the dates for each have shifted to accommodate the November 29–December 17 sign that is thought to have been abandoned by the ancient Babylonians because they wanted twelve instead of thirteen.

But why is this change necessary, exactly? It all has to do with the gradual tilt of the Earth that over time has made our pre-existing zodiac dates inaccurate. "Because of this change of tilt," Park Kunkle, an astronomer said. "The Earth is really over here in effect, and Sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago."

So if you were born between November 29 and December 17, congratulations! You are an Ophiuchus !

For the rest of us, here are the newly altered zodiac dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11

Pisces: March 11- April 18

Aries: April 18- May 13

Taurus: May 13- June 21

Gemini: June 21- July 20

Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10

Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16

Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30

Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23

Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17

Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20

Looks like I went from an Aries to a Pisces
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

tater you ruined my life ..... Im a Sagittarius now, not a Capricorn...... now my relationship is doomed to fail LMAO!
    Frank W. Balzer
    FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
    http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
    --------------------------------------------------
    www.RotHauntedHouse.com
    www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

I'm also a now a Sagittarius.
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Well, I don't agree with this change. I certainly am not cappy vs my born aquis. So I am sticking to the old way. I don't fit my new one at all. How about the rest of you?

Comment

Tater,

Is this some kind of April Fool's joke to go along with the "new" calendar? Unless I'm mistaken, absolutely everyone's sign has changed according to this. It makes no sense. And what is the symbol for this new Ophiuchus? Thanks!
          According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

I just looked it up and found it on the internet at:

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/0...ical-sign.html

In short, it summarizes:

"UPDATE: Don't panic, horoscope fans. The Ophiuchus constellation is used by astronomers, while astrologers chose not to include it. We just thought it was an interesting idea to think about."

Those astronomers can kiss Uranus!
            According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

Very creepy, this makes me an Aries and when I it up I do kinda act like its traits. I do have Taurus traits to though so I don't know what to really think.. Since I have the Taurus tattoo already I guess I should stick to what I know, lol.
              ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
              ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
              ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
              ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

This isn't a sudden change, it has been circulating around the astronomy community for years. Since the Earth has gradually been moving since the signs were designated 3,000 years ago, the signs that use to be dominant in the sky during those times are no longer dominant.
                sigpic
                Catie Mahfouz
                Blood Ink Writing Service
                www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

Funny enough, I JUST read this story on Yahoo...I REFUSE to change from my Scorpio ways...Libra?! That doesn't even sound right to me!!! Once a zodiac sign, always a zodiac sign!...and I ALMOST got a scorpio tattoo...now I DEFINITELY have to get one. haha
                  O'Shawn McClendon
                  Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Next they will be saying Pluto isnt a planet anymore..
                    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Next they will be saying Pluto isnt a planet anymore..
                      That will NEVER happen Tater because then Naoko Takeuchi would have to rewrite the whole Sailor Moon series because Sailor Pluto is the coolest !! I mean geez, who would I dress up as at these damn anime conventions.

Wait, Sailor Pluto rules the Scorpio sigh .. now she would be a Libra ...Is she still Sailor Pluto ? I'm so confused..
                      ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                      ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                      ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                      ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

I guess this makes me an Ophiuchus, born December 10th. I thought about it and decided I'll just keep on being "me"! LOL

Kel
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

pluto

Nope its been reclassed as a planetoid.....I think planetoid is defined as an interstellar equilavent of a hemmoroid. And just for the record I cannot possible a gemini, I like being a grouchy Cancer.

Comment

So Many Customers Here Would Guess?

"What's your sign, Jim?"
                            "Guess, which am I?"
                            They would then guess every sign except one, the one I was(am?)
                            One person finally guessed it, I guess in many ways I must not be true to those traits, strenghs, weaknesses and tendencys assigned to the sign I was born under?
                            They always guessed at the end of the tour through the house so they now thought they sort of had some valued information, helpfull to make their guess a success...wrong! hahahahah!
                            I still like Steve Martin's line:"I'm a Feces!"
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                            X