2011 Haunted Overload progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasppy Father's Day!

Check this out. My father and grandfather showed up at the haunt today. My grandfather turns 102 in a few weeks! He loved seeing the haunt, he asked where the saw mill was. It's not built yet but we are using his giant saw blade for it.

Walley asleep on his feet again, lol!

New crooked building going up.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

That is so cool that your father and grandfather can enjoy and appreciate what you have accomplished.
      You are very blessed to still have them both with you.

Happy Fathers Day!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice shirts

[QUOTE=elowther;118199

Front

Back

Mock up front

Mock up back
        [/QUOTE
        Love the t shirt designs and the amazing haunt you put together. Hope I can make it up there one of these years to see the show in person.
        Joshua
        www.hauntedprints.com
        info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

This place looks great. Hopefully I can get away from my local area some more to check out some great attractions like this. I would love to come act in those woods. Im normally against the scenes in woods, but you guys take to a whole other level. The gian creatures, facades and more are just breathtaking. While most items like this need to be built on location, you might want to market yourself to do this for other haunted trails....though Im sure you already have your hands full with this one as is...lol. Those shirts are also a great design. If you need any help on printing I'm sure we could help you out, we have great prices unsurpassed quality, and great human customer service. We print all of our products in house and pride ourselves on our service and quality. I personally love the glow in the dark stuff, we also print with neons and tons of other specilaty inks and finishing processes. Just wanted to throw that note out there...dont want to spam or hijack your thread..lol. Keep up the awesome work!

Are you open pre or post "normal" season at all this year?

Mike "Pogo" Hach
          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Eric!!!!

Looking awsome man!!!!!!! I love it all!!!! Shane and it's I sure miss my grandad's! Shane
            sigpic

Comment

Two short videos of today on our FaceBook page. It's back breaking work digging post holes with roots and rocks everywhere.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Eric-Lowther/800372401#!/pages/Haunted-Overload/98260728687
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Awesome

Your place is looking great... Cant wait to see more... LOVE your ideas... I know everoyone will love it.... great job... keep up the work

Comment

just love watching the progress...............

just amazing how much is getting done. The satisfaction factor come september is going to make it all worth while. Looking forward to more photos and updates !!!

Comment

Thanks guys! It feels like it's dragging because it's only a few of us doing it on weekends. It will be right down to the wire again this year and I'm sure I won't get everything I want accomplished. What ever is new will be appreciated by patrons I'm sure. I didn't name it Haunted Overload for nothing, lol!

I like to imagine the lighting I will use as each scene or building comes together. It will all be worth it on opening night. This video clip was from last year. Pretty cool considering it started as just woods with nothing there as late as May.

Enjoy,

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Always enjoy the posts, thanks. And keep the work videos rolling they're a lot of fun too.

Comment

• Look who stopped by! The one and only Ben Armstrong! It was a great honor to have him and his family stop by the haunt on their way up north. Hey Shane, recognize the shirts, lol! It's always inspiring listening to Ben and I'm glad he was able to see Haunted Overload, although it looks nothing like it does at show time.

Cutting trees to make way for the new lazer vortex walk in facade.

Start of the vortex tunnel.

Very quick and rough mock up of the final effect we are going for.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Tunnel from the side.

Start of the stage on top. Actors will taunt the queue line from 3 sides.

On the stage.

It's getting there.
                          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Eric

Ben is a great guy one of the best men I know ( reminds me I owe him some money never think of it till I hear Ben can you tell I am over worked LOL!) I love your thread I have always wondered how cool it would be to work in the woods I bet at night it's even funner and scarier! Keep it up man! Shane and it's oh not 1 but 2 shirts of mine all the way up north1 Now how cool is that! Shane!
                            sigpic

Comment

• if Ben stops by..................

you know it's serious business. what an honor !!!!!!! I'm sure you were a gracious host. Way to go, ERIC and CREW !!!!!! 75 days and counting !!!!!!

Comment

• It's starting to look enormous! This is a side view where patrons will exit the vortex. Stage to the left.

Setting up to carve the eyes. I need taller ladders!

Carving the eyes from inside.

Still more work to go, need to shape the mouth add teeth and detail face, adjust eyes etc.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                                X