No announcement yet.

Queue Line Actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen is very correct on the psychology class. I took a psychology and a sociology class a while back and it has helped me immensely in the gage of reactions and emotions of costumers. I really wish I could go back and take a normal every day class but I took all criminal classes due to the subject I was pursuing at the time. Now that I have that under my belt though I do plan on attending more classes that offer the teaching of slight of hand or illusion tricks and also street performing .
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

I agree with the psychology comment as well. My degree is in psychology and from working in the field, you learn a great deal that you can use in acting, which is why I use that background when I teach.

Working for 2 years at a mental institution also provided worlds of inspiration.
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Originally posted by BruiseMuse View Post

Working for 2 years at a mental institution also provided worlds of inspiration.

Working the worst case scenario will prepare you for every thing!!! While working in such situations you really do start to pick up reactions of public more easily and basic human understanding. I used to think "Well hell I'm a human so I automatically know how humans work" ...very wrong.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Thought I would add a bit more to this because there are some variations in some classes. I would say take criminal psychology like I did. It doesn't focuses on simple generalization. It will also show how to cope and handle yourself in odd ball situations. I was very lucky because my high school offered the class. With the sociology you just need a basic study class.

If your still in school see if you can take this course as an elective. I did for psychology and it saved me $150 !!!! If you know another school that offers this ask if you can take it as a summer school class. Yes summer school will give you a crash course with out even taking a full year first.

If your an adult don't be creepy damn it.. stay away from the high schools. I only say this because some one kinda did it. So a search in your local collage and universities, there might even be a random class teaching the topic.

Jessica Ward

Comment

que line

what are some good toys that i can use in que line

Comment

Its limitless. You can use fake hands, to fake weapons. You could use a live rat. Be sure it is used to people and wont bite. Fake dirty underware, fake head. Its endless to what you can use. Just remember this if you want to work the queline. Always remember your running the show. Dont let anyone run you over. You have to adlib and always have a funny comeback for the smartasses in the group. You need to be scary and you also need to have a good sense of humor for your onliners. The spotlights on you so you cant be shy or scared. So go out there and give it all you got. Try it on slow nights if you have never done it before. Dont wait for five hundred people in line before you do it. You just have to have confidence and act your ass off and you will do just fine.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

que line

i work que line for 2010 it was goodwas was up in a tree some times i all most got my ass kick one nite but im looking for more my ways to have a time in the lines i have some pics i like to post but i do not no have

Comment

what can i use a rat free ?

Comment

Originally posted by mudsticky View Post
                    what can i use a rat free ?
                    I've seen live rats used with several acts; from mad scientists (the rat was one of his "experiments") to a gnawed up corpse. A lot of people have phobias of rats/mice. You do always have to careful when acting with live animals; customers can have extreme reactions and attempt to swat or grab the animal.
                    Katie Lane
                    Partner/VP
                    sigpic

Comment

Funny you mention a rat, I used a dead mouse at skull kingdom and built a whole show around his tricks and stunts.
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I like nightcrawlers as a fun living prop; people really hate worms (which I didn't realize til I used them in an act).
                        Katie Lane
                        Partner/VP
                        sigpic

Comment

Mudsticky....Why dont you create a character first then worry about where its placement would be best and what props you might use. Rarely anyone ever says Hey I really wanna use this old Tennis shoe let me create a character around it. Its usually hey, Ive created this Hillbilly character let me use my old tennis shoe as a prop. Lets get you focused on creating the character that YOU think you will be best portraying then talk to the haunt and say I have this character...where do you think it would work at.
                          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Actually, I've created a ton of characters based around a random prop, or a piece of clothing I find at a thrift store. I've found that props are one of the best ways to get shyer actors to come out of their shells and let their characters come to life.
                            Katie Lane
                            Partner/VP
                            sigpic

Comment

oh katie your killing me...thats why I said rarely because when I was typing that you popped into my head hun. While I agree with what your saying I think the best course of action for good ole mud is the way I suggested. But thats the beauty of this board we can give him different choices and let him decide what works for him
                              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Sorry Tater

Hey Med, working along the lines of what Tater suggested, what sort of theme/environment is your acting area (ex. Medical, Victorian Manor, Circus, etc)?
                                Katie Lane
                                Partner/VP
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X