No announcement yet.

The Darkness, Lemp, Creepyworld 2011 Renovation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAM_1334.jpgSAM_1335.jpgSAM_1322.jpgSAM_1332.jpgHere are more photos... myself, kip, john and jim all worked at the darkness pretty late. I left around 2am I was doing cob webs and screwing in all of these gauges. Fun fun... Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Do you want to see what the SNAKE DOES... check it out. We finally started hooking up animations. Did this all night. The one thing we need to really work on is digital audio for our animations and rooms... something we just won't get to it for this tour but after looking around there are like millions more things I want to do that we just can't get to ... I also saw the Spider go off as well. Very cool however he needs better audio as well. The gator was the best that thing is fantastic ... they are all very very very realistic. Larry FYI... the behind the scenes tour is getting down to very few tickets left. The limit we put on the behind teh scenes tour I think was 325 and its already over 300. So if you want to come act quickly. I will have to check with Interactive Ticketing to find out for sure... also what is weird is that we've sold way more Lemp tickets than Darkness, its weird because Lemp doesn't hold a candle to Darkness. I think people assume 'hey we've seen the darkness want to see the new one' ... well the mistake there is The Darkness isn't the same haunt as last year not even close!!!!

We have put 4 plus months of hard work, tons of money, everything we have into ONLY DARKNESS... we sorta started working on Lemp. We will work on Lemp starting mid-day because we are trying to finalize our TW booth. We built that first and painted it today. We'll get on Lemp now... maybe next year if this convention comes back here we'll close down Darkness for this and put 3 months of intensive work on Lemp. That would be different... but at least for 2011 the work was put into Darkness AGAIN! LOL

SAM_1325.jpgSAM_1323.jpgSAM_1326.jpgSAM_1324.jpg
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

FINALLY... went over to the Lemp and we came up with a MAJOR plan that can't be done (ofcouse) so we'll do everything we can do to make the place better. I think we'll be working on Lemp all through April and from there May on we'll work on Creepyworld. Lemp is a MAJOR PROJECT because the haunt was built in one week last year, so now we are goign to work on it for TWO weeks... so it should be three times better! LOL

No seriously we are going to do some really fun stuff... we'll see what we can get done prior to the show. We are going to put everyone on it for the next couple of days ... Darkness well its still not done. TONS UPON TONS OF little things that must be completed. If we open again next year we might ONLY do Lemp and do the same level renovation that we do on Darkness but just rather on Lemp only. We'll see... its time to put some serious love towards Lemp. I do think you guys are going to be blown away by the location just the haunt isn't the best... but we're going to work our Halloween Productions magic and make something happen. Get your tickets today www.TheDarkness.com

From here on out all the pictures I upload will be LEMP ONLY... I can't show you anymore of Darkness you have to see it for yourself. All of the effects, animations and more just can't be seen with a photo... but you will get TWO WEEKS of straight Lemp Photos. Are you ready? Here we go!

SAM_1340.jpgSAM_1336.jpgSAM_1337.jpgSAM_1339.jpgSAM_1338.jpg
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Hey Larry! Anyway you can show us a sneek peek of your misting fog water screen with the darkness creature projected on it. I think that would be really need to see in operation.
          Damon
          Last edited by damon carson; 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM.
          Damon Carson

Comment

Larry, will the actors working Friday and Saturday get a chance to go through and see everything...?
            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

loved the darkness last year...looking forward to seeing lemp this year.......the ghost hunter was on yesterday featuring lemp......getn excited for the show....

Comment

We now have EVERYONE working on Lemp. I will have some cool photos maybe this weekend of middle of next week. Get your tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

I will tell you that Lemp wasn't the best last year but we've come up with several idea's to make Lemp a ton better adn we are going to do it all in two weeks. This will go fast... so watch this thread daily!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

You will start to see a TON of pictures coming your way. Lemp is really starting to look great. We had something like 10 guys working on it all day today and Friday. We are all working on it again on Sunday and Monday and all through the week. I think we can make it about 50 times better than it was during the season. It won't be anything like what we can do to the place before its all said and done but for what is possible we are busting our buts... we've crossed the $400,000.00 investment mark. Lemp is going to be a pretty cool... way better than I expected. The fact is Darkness took way to long... but Lemp is easier to work on because of the natural environment.

SAM_1382.jpgSAM_1371.jpgSAM_1375.jpgSAM_1384.jpgSAM_1381.jpg
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

We are picking up a TON MORE monsters on Tuesday. We only have about half of what we ordered for Lemp. Seriously stay tuned to this thread DAILY becuase the Lemp updates will happen quick. There is an army of people working on this daily!!!! Get your tickets now www.TheDarkness.com

SAM_1365.jpgSAM_1340.jpgSAM_1368.jpgSAM_1362.jpgSAM_1366.jpg
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

We are building out ALL New scenes here... they won't look really good for another week or so... like I said check here daily for updates on LEMP! I can tell you the best WAY TO CHECK OUT LEMP is to come to teh behind the scenes tour and look at all the nature looking stuff in the place. The behind teh scenes tour is almost sold out... go to www.thedarkness.com now.

See ya soon!

SAM_1354.jpgSAM_1343.jpgSAM_1344.jpgSAM_1380.jpg
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Can't Wait!

Larry,
                        I always enjoy seeing the Darkness each year at Transworld, but I am really looking forward to seeing the Lemp Brewery Haunt. I am SEVERELY claustrophobic, and just the thought of going into this building has me freaked out. I actually had a nightmare a few nights ago that the haunt collapsed while I was in it, and I was trapped underground!

Tell your crew thanks for all the hard work, and I (and the rest of the Folklore crew) are excited about seeing it. We are bringing some of our crew with us this year, and it will be their first time seeing the Darkness. They are extremely excited.

See you next week.
                        Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                        Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                        www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Looks like things are looking good so far Larry. Thanks for you guys busting your butts to make this happen.
                          sigpic
                          a.k.a. The Butcher
                          a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

love the cyclops mother and baby

good luck, larry.... You have another winner there to be sure!

Comment

Here are a few more pictures... one is our booth almost finished. Another is an eye animation we are adding to Terror Visions and some more pictures of the Elevator Room. I have officially rode the elevator its pretty cool...there is a cool video effect in the floor. Let me say this about The Darkness... it will NOT be like it will be in October for many reasons. No time to really refine lighting, sound, work with actors because we are working day and night on Lemp to improve that place for this show. I made a list the other night to finish darkness that was massive... there is no way unless we stop working on Lemp. We'll just do the best we can overall... you guys should love it. Larry

SAM_1416.jpgSAM_1409.jpgSAM_1417 - Copy.jpgSAM_1408.jpgSAM_1410.jpg
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Image from the floor of the elevator. Tons of props going into lemp and some sets we are working on in Lemp. go to www.TheDarkness.com to get tickets.

SAM_1399.jpgSAM_1389.jpgSAM_1403.jpgSAM_1395.jpgSAM_1401.jpg
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X