No announcement yet.

pennhurst worth an 8 hr drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also there the first night. It was the first of 4 haunted houses I went to in the akron/cleveland area that night. I've also been to the good ones in pittsburgh.

Although I havent been to dead acres yet, its next on my list.

But thus far, factory of terror has been the best one i've seen.

I just loved it.

Comment

What else did you go to? Factory of terror. I'm guessing Haha lab. What else? What ones in Pitts did u go to that were really good?

Comment

Originally posted by rockstarbass1 View Post
        What else did you go to? Factory of terror. I'm guessing Haha lab. What else? What ones in Pitts did u go to that were really good?
        In the cleveland/akron area that night we attended Factory of terror, Haunted schoolhouse/lab, Bloodview, and Spooky Ranch. And Ghostly manor another night.

In pitt I went to the scarehouse and hundred acres manor, as well as kennywood's fright night. All 3 of which I enjoyed to varying degrees. I've also been to ghost lake in conneaut lake, but that's on a different level than the scarehouse and FoT.

Now that I've done the major areas surrounding erie, I'm heading to columbus/detroit next.

Comment

Hi Rob!
          Hey, Erie, Pa is only 44 miles north of where I live.
          I'm in Pleasantville (grew up in Titusville).
          We run a haunted house in Oil City called the Dark Domain.
          www.darkdomainhauntedhouse.com

I went to Ghost Lake 2 weeks ago. Also, saw Dead Acres at MHC in June. Phenomenal haunt!

Kirk
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Rob...

if you are making the trip to Dead Acres..go hit up something else earlier..we stay open way way late..
            atleast 2 or 3 am..we did over 9 thousand people last weekend.....my suggestion is haunted schoolhouse and lab in akron..or dent in cincy

oh and for all you Hoochie heads out there...
            we are having another wedding on the main stage on Halloween..some folks from Dayton..i guess he proposed here...should be fun...
            in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Originally posted by badass View Post
              Rob...

if you are making the trip to Dead Acres..go hit up something else earlier..we stay open way way late..
              atleast 2 or 3 am..we did over 9 thousand people last weekend.....my suggestion is haunted schoolhouse and lab in akron..or dent in cincy
              I actually enjoyed FoT far more than haunted schoolhouse/lab. But when we make the trip to dead acres, we will definitely be seeing several others in the columbus/ dayton area also.

Comment

Well that's my plan now dead acres instead of pennhurst. Just trying to see where I should go before the hoochie.... wanna go to dent but that's like 4 hrs from me or a little more. Guess I could go to dent first then come back up to the hooch and then back home..... that's a lot of driving in one night tho. Anything else that's GOOD in the cbus area?

Comment

The Terrorfest in Columbus is pretty good. I visited last year. Its a totally different style than the Hoochie, but they have good acting and detailing.

Comment

Different as in? Hoochie is more about gore and messing with you the jumping out and scaring you... it like a sick twisted scary

Comment

If I were you I would go to eastern states Terror behind the walls and the pennhurst all in one night and spend the night out there in a hotel. That would make an 8 hour trip worth it.
                      "Hilariously Frightful"

www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Working...
                      X