Transworld 2007 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld 2007 Review

Well I can say for as short a time I had there this year I had a pretty good time. We left at 1:00am Saturday morning arrived in Chicago at 7:00am got to the convention center at 8:30am stayed the day until 3:30pm ate at Mc Donalds loaded up on coffee and then hit the road back to Missouri and arrived back at 1:00am Sunday morning. So all together it was about 13hrs driving total. The bad weather hit at about 4:30 and that slowed us down. But just glad I got to go if it was only for one day. At least I got to go for the last year its in Chicago. Here is a list of some of my favorite boothes and products from this years show.
    Scarefactory Pumpkin King, Zombie Kong that reaches over the wall. Castle Big Skull Facade.

OakIsland claustrophobia walls

Edge Design Monster House facade

Unit 70 Pigzilla

Distortions Pyscho Platform

Gag Studios Scaretaker

Note none of these are in any real particular order and product may not have the exact name but most of them do.

Also bought the new Haunt World video it was kinda funny in parts and had alot of good haunt footage.
    Also got alot of good deals on other items at the show.
    Sorry I couldnt be there on Friday for the Hauntworld get together Im sure that was fun. It would have been nice to have met everyone.
    Take care and maybe we can have another HW get together in Las Vegas.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

We are already hoping to have a get together there. There's just so many nice restaurants to eat at, it's hard to pick which one. We've got one whole year to figure that out.

Yes, all of the stuff was really cool looking, especially the evil house facade. I really liked that King Kong character(it had a great price too), and the dragon-like creature was probably my favorite.

Lot's of nice stuff- too many things to mention.

I can't wait for next year- that's when I get to start buying the big stuff!!!!
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

hey

it was fun the weather did suck
      Danny

Comment

I have always had a great time, just isn't enough time to see all of the regulars along with meeting the new ones.
        You always miss someone
        Thanks, Jeff
        www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
        www.HauntForum.com
        www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Is anyone going to MHC this summer?
          Jared Layman

Comment

We'll be there.
            Thanks, Jeff
            www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
            www.HauntForum.com

Comment

We'll be there.
              Thanks, Jeff
              www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
              www.HauntForum.com

Comment

I will be there vending and we are the Official Media Sponsor of MHC too.

We are vending right next to one of our sponsors Screamline Studios. Shout Outs all round to Papi, Lazy Eye and Drunken Todd.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

We'll be there...
                  not boothing but just hanging out...
                  Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

So... Like... was I the only one that was disappointed that the Dark Zone was so SMALL this year? I liked the fact that more things were out in the "Light" but was pretty unhappy about how few of the 'older' pieces were there.

The 'pure' haunters probably didn't notice and SURELY didn't care - but I noticed several suppliers - most pronounced in the costume section - that had MUCH smaller booths than last year. In particular, "Smiffy's" had a HUGE set up last year with a full 'coffee bar' set up. This year, I actually walked passed them without noticing them until I went back and LOOKED for them. The Fun World section also seemed 'off' - although they were really pushing their new PlayBoy line.

The Morris Costumes section even seemed to be a bit small. Maybe I'm just jaded in my old age or I secretly WANTED everything this year to be BIGGER than Ever. Oh well.
                    ------------------------
                    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                    I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Working...
                    X