Haunted Trail Brainstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Trail Brainstorm

Just to throw out an idea, I'm going to be donated a lot of wooded area with many differant trails to haunt. I am going to do a theme of a newly discoverd cemetery that is hundereds of years old.

Now for most of you, you would probably cram every mile with cool lighting, fog, sound effects, props, and monsters? Right??????

Here is the twist, I just might not decide to go that direction in regards to any electrical power. I want people to go through with no light what so ever but just the use of a flash light, or some other thing that lets off very little light. I"M NOT WORRIED ABOUT BATTERIES!!!

There will be props, monsters, and what not, but I want to have it as more of an exploration of a spooky wooded area then a traditional haunted trail. I want the people to explore and find things that go bump in the night, old tombstones, crosses, coffins, and what ever else I can find.

So with that said, brainstorm with me on a scary story to go with it?

What differant things can I do?

What light sources can I use?

And what ever anyone else can come up with?

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

a scary story to go with it?
    I love the abandoned grave yard idea, building on that...
    A grave yard of people killed and accused in a forgotten witch trial, accued of sommoning creatures and werewolves

A grave yard of hill billys that were wiped out in a fued with another family, and come back from the dead assuming the guests are kin of the other clan

What differant things can I do?
    Pick your story and then I can help more, right now the field is to wide and we would waste time with ideas that dont fit your theme

What light sources can I use?
    Flash frights, "wrecked" cars that have their headlights on, coleman style lanterns.
    Just a few thoughts,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

As far as lighting use led spots on anything that you want to light a ground level. And use up lighting in you tress and a possible lightning effect also up towards the tree tops.Lighting up helps cut down the light on the ground and it makes the trees look great. Beside the cemetary you can try hillbilly sets, cult ritual site and abandon mine tunnel.

Comment

I'm not the best for writing stories, my head hurts to much for trying. But this is what I had in mind for a story line.

The maine story is an old cemtery has been discoverd in a local park and that local officals have no city of records on the cemetery. I wanted it to be more of a "news flash" then a story and some teenagers go missing the night before Halloween.

Don't like the idea of the Hill billy or Old Mine, I don't have a budget to get that creative, SORRY!

I want to keep the haunt as cheap and simple as possible, but be very scary. I'm not sure of what differant things I'm going to have to have a budget for, will find out tomarrow.

I do have cemetery props to use, so this what I'm going to stick with for this year, so I hope this helps with some brainstorming.

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Those Stupid Settlers!

Put their graveyard right on top of an Indian Medicine Man's old tee-pee location, yes he could bring things back to life with his natural herbs and fungus recipes!
          Or..maybe it just made people have hallucinations? Like take the Medicine Man's daughter over there under the trees, she looks like a teenager but she's 180 years old!
          Her spirit lives in the big old tree since it grew upward right through her chest.
          Mellons on an oak tree! How unusual!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X