No announcement yet.

Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry, Thanks you so much for helping us with this issue. I paid with a check card. The funds came directly out of my checking account. There is no way that I can reverse the charges. Anything you can do will be appreciated believe me. Thanks again.

Sue
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Larry, I was just logging in to send Tony a PM and saw the responses on here.

As far as I know, it's me, Sue, Shane, and Dewayne with Folklore that hasnt received their product.

I know for sure that the 3 of us minus Dewayne have tried contacting them since I made my original thread about this issue.

And I did pay with credit card in full on June 1st.
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I just sent a PM to Tony on here, and a new email to Mark telling him I have to know something soon.

I'll give it maybe 2 more days and see what happens. We open tomorow, and I have to have it soon.
        Brad Bowen
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

At this point shipping anything out is still a loss to the haunt, haunts are opening and getting something after you open just SUCKS! Any prop or decor has already been replaced with something else and you may not even be able to get it in to the haunt if it has any size to it. This s%!t has to stop, some vendors are taking on to much work and can't handle it. I feel bad for those who are still waiting for stuff, you want everything to be just right when you open and even if your guest don't know that somethings are missing you do and it sucks. I hope that things will get better but some how I don't think they will.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Tony said he WILL TALK TO HIM TODAY... he's working for Tony doing make up stuff and Tony said he will be discussing this with him TONIGHT!!!

Hopefully there will be some kind of report back later tonight or on Friday. Tony did want EVERYONE to understand he does NOT own Spookywoods FX... however he is going to talk to Mark and get some answers.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry for helping out with this.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                Tony said he WILL TALK TO HIM TODAY... he's working for Tony doing make up stuff and Tony said he will be discussing this with him TONIGHT!!!

Hopefully there will be some kind of report back later tonight or on Friday. Tony did want EVERYONE to understand he does NOT own Spookywoods FX... however he is going to talk to Mark and get some answers.

Larry
                I thought about getting Tony involved in this again. In a way, this could affect his business solely for the fact that it has Spookywoods in the title. Many people may not realize that he is not a part of the costume company anymore.
                Brad Bowen
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I have not recieved a response yet. Anyone else?

Comment

Guess I will have to add my name to the list. I at least paid with credit card so have recourse. We open next week! Was really planning on those costumes too dang it! Have tried to call but no call back or response to email.

Comment

Couple things...

Let me suggest you working with Creature Corps, I just ordered an extra 30 masks and got them in two days. These guys are freakin awesome!!!!

They are charging extra right now but their costumes are cheaper to begin with. Either way Tony email me back and said that Spookywood FX had been in contact with Shane, and I guess no one else not sure. He also said the guys helper quit and he was doing everything by himself and was trying to get orders out... clearly that doesn't answer your questions.

He clearly knows about it and chooses not to respond to you or is simply too busy I haven't a clue.

Maybe Shane can update you since he claims he's talked to shane.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Folklore still doesn't have theirs either.

Guys,

I apologize for not being commenting on here sooner, but like everyone else, I have been tied up at the haunt. Like Brad and others, the only response I have received was Mark's comments on the forum. I, like Brad, have sent private messages and emails to both he and Krystal, and no response.

We opened last night, and sadly, had to have an area in the cemetery with no actor, because I don't have a costume. We paid in full, by check. I am not on here to stir up things with a vendor, but if I can't get a response after trying numerous times, and I don't have what I paid for, what are we supposed to do?

Larry, thanks for the help.
                        Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                        Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                        www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

I want to say FLAT OUT... that 9 times out of 10 I don't appreciate all the vendor bashing that goes on here. I think you all already know that. I think most of its unfair, in fact I think most of these guys do everything they can to get you the best service.

I posted that I would prefer if someone has a problem that is really at the brink ... try emailing me, Morris Costumes, friends of that vendor or whatever and see what can be done before blowing things out of the water.

I have got involved MANY times and every single time I did the vendor replied to the customer... in most cases it was just something falling under the cracks and it was resolved.

I'm stratching my head here...

Tony said he is owed a costume and he lives there and did not get it... Tony has told the guy to contact you all still you've heard NOTHING! I'm also scratching my head because just a month or so ago the guy asked me if I needed any costumes, why would you want to sell me a costume if you can't even fill the orders you have... I would probably being joining your ranks right now.

I HOPE Mark mans up and gets back to EVERYONE to either state...

1) I will get you your costumes next week, he's sorry, and flat out return your phone calls one way or another and tell you the truth.

2) Will return your money.

3) Or just man up and say I'm going out of business and won't return your money because he spent it... whatever the case something.

Just contact people and be honest and resolve this thing one way or another... I think in the next issue of the magazine we will list some deadbeat vendors if people open their attractions and don't get what they paid for with no return responses what so ever.

This I must admit is beyond anything acceptable.

If Mark can't come through with something TODAY ... KNOWING YOU GUYS ARE OPENING I think he might as well consider himself a vendor no one will order from in the future.

Larry

PS: If he can satify EVERYONE I will REMOVE all threads about his company EVERYTHING. He needs to come through... I think this is fair.
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Again, thanks Larry for looking into this. I don't understand why Mark or Krystal won't email or call or something. I hope they are not going out of business. One I need the costumes and two if no costumes I REALLY need my money back. Wow I can't believe they won't contact us. Like you said, I hope they did contact Shane. Happy Halloween everyone!!

Sue

Comment

Guys

I have not heard anything from Mark the last time I heard from him was first of August and was told my costume was shipping soon. Larry I am not sure if I am the Shane Tony is talking about but if it's me I can say no brother I have not heard one word. What get's me is when people just tell you what you want to hear and I don't understand why they do that. If Mark's help quite why did he not tell us it's harder to accept that this late in the game. Shane and it's Mark what is going on? Shane this time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Larry , i agree with ya on why was this guy on here a month ago trying to sell more costumes ???

Are any of these vendors " Bonded " ???

In Texas .... with one of my businesses i have to be Bonded..
                                its like an insurance policy to protect the buyers ....

i smell fraud ! maybe not ?

sounds like he was tryin to get a few more " payed in fill " orders in
                                before he goes ..... BK !

I hope im wrong !!!

remember ..... if it looks like a duck and talks like a duck ... well u know the rest .

Casey .................. CREEP HOUSE

Comment

Working...
                                X